LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

We like to get every player highly rated that we can, but really we are in great shape for the next two seasons if we don't lose any players to WNBA or whatever. Davis, Horston, and Westbrook what a trio. Then you will have Massengill, Burrell, and Green another super three. Now to look where Cooke and Rogers go. I am not thinking we get Rogers long time after the visit and she didn't commit so might not be leaving the state of Texas. Cooke have no idea we should hear something on her soon.

We like to get every player highly rated that we can, but really we are in great shape for the next two seasons if we don't lose any players to WNBA or whatever. Davis, Horston, and Westbrook what a trio. Then you will have Massengill, Burrell, and Green another super three. Now to look where Cooke and Rogers go. I am not thinking we get Rogers long time after the visit and she didn't commit so might not be leaving the state of Texas. Cooke have no idea we should hear something on her soon.

I was not expecting anything from Rogers as of yet. She has her last visit this weekend to USC. Now after that ..... She may know where she wants to go and she may want to think about it. I don’t think we want both Cooke and Rogers? JMO
I think we take the first to comitt! JMO

We are also recruiting 6-4 post Natasha Mack #1 juco player

Looks like the big two (Jones and Boston) are visiting South Carolina this weekend! And together again next weekend at Uconn! Do they both go together??? 🤔

If they go to SC .... does that help us with Cooke or does that send Jackson to Rutgers or Miss. St. ? What if they go to UConn together or split with ND? SC still has Beal (guard) that could affect Cookes decision!
Does UConn strike out? Does SC strike out?
This is going to get interesting!!!!! 😁

Last edited:
Looks like the big two (Jones and Brown) are visiting South Carolina this weekend! And together again next weekend at Uconn! Do they both go together??? 🤔

If they go to SC .... does that help us with Cooke or does that send Jackson to Rutgers or Miss. St. ? What if they go to UConn together or split with ND? SC still has Beal (guard) that could affect Cookes decision!
Does UConn strike out? Does SC strike out?
This is going to get interesting!!!!! 😁

Are you referring to Boston as "Brown" or is this another recruit ? Sorry real question

Are you referring to Boston as "Brown" or is this another recruit ? Sorry real question
yes Boston...... I guess I was typing too fast and auto correct not looking. I just thought that them visiting Notre Dame , South Carolina and lastly Uconn...... just was interesting to me! Just like Jackson, Horston, and Cooke made several visits together. In my opinion these TOP recruits know about each other and want to play with each other or want to play on good teams! Any athlete no matter what sport knows that you get better by playing with/or against good competition. The next few weeks are going to be interesting!

Angel Reese
Hannah Gusters
Sydney Parrish
Treasure Hunt
Kamilla Cordoso
Sasha Goforth

To name a few

Parrish and Angel Reese were just on an unofficial visit.... The 3rd. for Parrish ! for those who are wishing and hoping for further recruits? Rogers is supposed to be (BESTIES) with Reese ?
OTHER 2020 RECRUITS

#4 (PN) Sarah Andrews 5'7" pg. from TX. (Offer) (ZAAY FRIEND?)
#5 (PN) Angel Reese 6'3" W from MD. (Rogers Friend ?)
#11 (HG) Sydney Parrish 6' G. from IN. ( 3 Unofficial visits)
#9 (PN) Sasha Goforth 6' G from AR.
# 12 (PN) Treasure Hunt 6' G/W from TN. (OFFER)
# 25 (PN) Maddie Scherr 5'11" G from KY.
# 33 (PN) Elauna Eaton 6' G from AR. (OFFER)
# 50 (HG) Madison Hayes 5'10" G from TN.

Ranking are most positive as of today...... We all know they will change and have changed in last six months! I did not list the Bigs as we are interested in Jackson, Rogers, and Cooke (G/W). So if we don't get any more....... We are in on several for next year? JMO

In looking at the final teams, only Tn is upper tier unless I am missing something. Could it be she considers herself mid tier talent?

In looking at the final teams, only Tn is upper tier unless I am missing something. Could it be she considers herself mid tier talent?

I get what you’re saying although she does have Mizzu which also plays in the SEC. I really think relationships are winning out with these kids and the gettin recruited by big time schools still has its place but it’s more about the relationship with coaches! Look at Annie and Rellah Boote both all Americans but Rellah is on a second visit to MTSU and we know Annie has a relationship with the coaches. Not saying she will end up there but there is probably a comfort level to some degree. This young lady went the juco route so she probably wants the right fit (think Elena Delle Donne UConn —> Delaware to be close to home). Sharrona Reaves has a plethora of contacts at the juco level so that may have played a part as well.

Last edited:

They may be the schools that are recruiting her the most aggressively, or whose recruiters she liked best, or in locations closest to family, or who offered an academic program meeting her needs.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Seems like she plays on a bad team , could those stats be inflated due to no other option on the team ? Either way there damn good !
Probably inflated because of the talent level she plays in and also the team. She was number 85 of the top 100 coming out of high school so she does have some talent still probably not as strong as her play in that league.

Probably inflated because of the talent level she plays in and also the team. She was number 85 of the top 100 coming out of high school so she does have some talent still probably not as strong as her play in that league.

You’d think if she didn’t play with a lot of talent the coaches would scheme against her so that may also be telling?

The stats on Mack from the junior college stated she only played 11 minutes a game to get the statistics she posted. somewhat difficult to accept

That MPG stat can't be accurate. If you look at her first game last season, the stat sheet shows that she played 1 minute. She scored 30 pts that game. Looking down the log, several games show she just played 1 minute. I think the stat keeper was just having a Milky Way.

Wat the helll seriously... this Oregon state already had 6'7 , 6'7, 6'5, 6'4 now 6'6 & 6'3 I hope they can use these huge tall players wisely.

Wat the helll seriously... this Oregon state already had 6'7 , 6'7, 6'5, 6'4 now 6'6 & 6'3 I hope they can use these huge tall players wisely.

I'm wrong.. they have 6'9, 6'8, 6'7, 6'3, 6'2 and now Kenny Brown 6'6 and another 6'4 #1 rank in 2021 might go there..

I'm wrong.. they have 6'9, 6'8, 6'7, 6'3, 6'2 and now Kenny Brown 6'6 and another 6'4 #1 rank in 2021 might go there..
The only true center is the 6'8" Sr. The rest are listed as forwards, with 6'9" Aquino and 6'6" Brown projected as stretch 4's.

VN Store

Back