LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

I think UConn strikes out, I see it as;

ND-Jones and Boston
SC-Amerihere, Beal, Jackson (I hope I’m wrong)
Louisville-Cooke
Tennessee-Rogers (and a surprise early verbal from Reese in the 2020 class)[/QUOTE
So out of these recruits is Amerihere the only one that has a scheduled date to announce? I am hoping we can get one of the remaining girls on our list. With so many transfers and season ending injuries, a roster of 12 would be minimum.

👍🏽 If that’s the case I wish her well. Will look forward to maybe Cooke or Rogers committing... it’s funny Rogers and Reese (2020) call each other bestie all the time!

I wish her well and hope she has a great career at Rutgers. 😁

Maybe she is afraid of the competition she would get here? The Besties might make a better fit. With Reese coming 2020 , Davis would be finishing up her career ? A top five wing for 2020!!!!! I’ll take that. I just hope someone can shoot the three !

Cooke would be facing two pretty good point guards ahead of her at SC and Louisville has many guards also? I thought her and Horston were good friends? Why not come here... We could use a true point and E and Zaay could play the off guard. Just Saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlindsay
I wish her well and hope she has a great career at Rutgers. 😁

Maybe she is afraid of the competition she would get here? The Besties might make a better fit. With Reese coming 2020 , Davis would be finishing up her career ? A top five wing for 2020!!!!! I’ll take that. I just hope someone can shoot the three !

Cooke would be facing two pretty good point guards ahead of her at SC and Louisville has many guards also? I thought her and Horston were good friends? Why not come here... We could use a true point and E and Zaay could play the off guard. Just Saying.

ESPN confirmed she has trimmed her list including MSU, SC, and Rutgers. Good luck to the young lady at any of the schools. Lets not be like others forums and bash the young lady HOWEVER I hope she doesn’t win against us 😁

Last edited:
Vivian is making a comeback at Rutgers it seems. It's interesting that they are on the rise with top recruits again. I can't remember Viv having a top team since 2006-07? I'm always a fan of anybody who can take down Maryland so if they can land Jackson, more power to them. It's very telling that they have traveled on their own dime more than once to Rutgers.

Not sure if it will sway Rogers to Texas, but an early 2020 point guard commit has reopened her recruitment but Texas still a contender.

Not sure if it will sway Rogers to Texas, but an early 2020 point guard commit has reopened her recruitment but Texas still a contender.

What early 2020 point guard commit to what school ? I’m confused 🤷‍♂️

Also 6-4 post Hannah Guster #7 HG/PN (who is a 2020 target) plays there ... so both played with Zaay Green

This will be Deja's first year at Duncanville, so she didn't play with Green and Gusters last year. She just transferred to this summer. She previously lived in San Antonio and played for Johnson High School.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
This will be Deja's first year at Duncanville, so she didn't play with Green and Gusters last year. She just transferred to this summer. She previously lived in San Antonio and played for Johnson High School.

Good catch I just assumed they played together since Hannah and her are in the same grade.

Hmmm that makes me wonder if she has played with her on AAU though 🤔

ESPN confirmed she has trimmed her list including MSU, SC, and Rutgers. Good luck to the young lady at any of the schools. Lets not be like others forums and bash the young lady HOWEVER I hope she doesn’t win against us 😁
Who has trimmed her list?

The ole, old adage from the game of horseshoes - only the first ringer counts, no points for being second (trimmed to three).
When the LVs had the poor recruiting year now four years ago they were 2nd or 3rd on three top ten players.

Also, it would be good to get one of the two remaining, obviously for quality, but also for numbers. We seem to be at 10 players lately. I know most teams only play 7 or 3 regularly, in todays world of transfers and knee injuries, 12 or 13 players would be ideal.

Also, I would like to see Rutgers relevant again and if they can sway Jackson, along with V. Stringers coaching, they would be tough.

Also 6-4 post Hannah Guster #7 HG/PN (who is a 2020 target) plays there ... so both played with Zaay Green

Hannah will most likely end up a huskie. She seems enamored with the historical theme of going to UCONN vs thinking if Geno will even be around to coach her all 4 years when she gets to college *eye roll *

VN Store

Back