‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

Admittedly, I'm no football savant, but everything that I read says that continuity on the offensive line is vital. If Lane does get this kid, he will virtually have a new offensive line which will prove to be an interesting case study.

The talent may prove to be enough to overcome the lack of continuity. I guess we'll see next season

Reactions: KptVFL
Admittedly, I'm no football savant, but everything that I read says that continuity on the offensive line is vital. If Lane does get this kid, he will virtually have a new offensive line which will prove to be an interesting case study.

The talent may prove to be enough to overcome the lack of continuity. I guess we'll see next season
Agreed. Even with talent, OLine takes time to gel. I could see them struggling there early in the season but talent elsewhere likely makes up for it in the easy games. UGA, LSU, and OU all can still beat them. I think UGA is almost a guaranteed L for them and LSU and OU are toss ups. Could also see them slipping against someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLociraptorr
I honestly don’t understand how they have room for all of these portal players.
Every time I see someone commit to Ole Miss I just roll my eyes. If the experiment fails, good. If it succeeds, whatever, it's unsustainable long-term. Also, it won't work.

That many portal players is gonna create bad team chemistry imo. Just like Colorado, the wheels can fall off with a total roster flip and jealously is a Mother f@cker. GBO

I don’t think anyone thinks “the wheels fell off” at Colorado. If anything they overachieved.

Reactions: Dsgvol and VolByLaw
Given how the pool is looking, one would think they'd have to over spend to secure his services? Still how does the staff handle the position demand? Isn't Crawford the defacto starter there? You bring Heard on and he takes the LT spot, wouldn't Crawford be a post spring portal risk? Back to square one but with a guy starting at LT who might not be as comfortable in the system as Crawford?

That’s why you tell Heard he plays RT for this season

Reactions: Tnfan41
I don’t think anyone thinks “the wheels fell off” at Colorado. If anything they overachieved.
Overachieved my a$$. That is the media narrative. Winning 4 games isn't overachieving. They may win 6 games in a week big 12 next year but that's not my point. There still was plenty of D1 athletes on Colorado before Deion gave them their walking papers to bring in his own guys. NCAA football is still not the NFL, I predict multiple Jeremy Banks situations at ole miss and Colorado moving foward

I honestly don’t understand how they have room for all of these portal players.

They had 35 seniors with 19 who could return. No idea who is / isn’t staying.

As of right now they have 12 incoming transfers and 16 transferring out.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Overachieved my a$$. That is the media narrative. Winning 4 games isn't overachieving. They may win 6 games in a week big 12 next year but that's not my point. There still was plenty of D1 athletes on Colorado before Deion gave them their walking papers to bring in his own guys. NCAA football is still not the NFL, I predict multiple Jeremy Banks situations at ole miss and Colorado moving foward

Yeah, Deion didn’t overachieve.

Dude is a walking clown on the college sidelines.

Quadrupling the previous seasons win total is underachieving in your book? If he had so much talent before he got there like you claim, they wouldn’t have went 1-11

The over/under win total for 2023, did they go over or under?…I’ll wait

I have no inside info, but feel like we land him. Think the kid has been through it once with probably having been promised a spot and can hopefully see whatever ole miss is selling him after they just landed a starting tackle.

VN Store

Back