‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

This is such a strange scenario - all indications are that Heard is in the boat and all the usual talking heads are cheering it as a done deal.

Yet, we are so conditioned to see a “commitment graphic” released by the player himself that - absent such a graphic - none of us can quite feel comfortable celebrating this.

This is some Pavlovian-level stuff here
Even though he didn’t post a graphic when he committed to LSU and hasn’t made a post on social media in almost two years. Strange indeed.

I think this board just needs to accept that this guy is not going to announce and you will see his name appear in the Tennessee directory early next week and that will be all you get.
I think that’s how all xfers should be. These kids doing a hat ceremony every year they change schools is ridiculous imo. And yes I’m old and I water hose kids off my lawn

I think that’s how all xfers should be. These kids doing a hat ceremony every year they change schools is ridiculous imo. And yes I’m old and I water hose kids off my lawn
They ceremony and the announcement are important recruiting tools though unfortunately. They get the school
Mentioned across the media and create the all important impression that Tennessee is a happening place. Heard just showing up at Spring practice unannounced does nothing to bring in anyone else

They ceremony and the announcement are important recruiting tools though unfortunately. They get the school
Mentioned across the media and create the all important impression that Tennessee is a happening place. Heard just showing up at Spring practice unannounced does nothing to bring in anyone else

I think you overvalue the impact a few positive tweets has about recruiting momentum. Heard is coming here. That isn't a secret. And other players that you'd want to bring in I'm sure know Heard is coming here, too. Seeing Hayes Fawcett tweet out a jersey swap edit isn't convincing a kid that Tennessee is "the move" and changing anything.

VN Store

Back