LSU lost to Troy

In 2017, LSU lost to Troy. Now they are National Champions.

The tides are changing for us on The Hill. Perhaps our GA State loss will prove similar.

GBO!

Very well could be. The question really is what will people do if that doesnt happen. Will the excuses be "well remember we are just two years removed from losing to Ga St., pump the breaks" or will people say "this is unacceptable. There are valid examples of teams quickly overcoming adversity and UT didnt do that. So what is next?"

That will inform me more about the direction of the program. Where are people's expectations at and how will pressure be applied to the program, or not.

So UT needs to replace their starting QB? Thats the big difference between 2017 and 2019 for LSU..

Saban lost to some obscure Louisiana school. And Fulmer lost to Memphis a few years before winning it all. Can't define a coach by one bad performance. That's the stupid crap the media likes to do

So UT needs to replace their starting QB? Thats the big difference between 2017 and 2019 for LSU..

The OL was horrible in 2017 (probably LSU's worst in the modern era) and basically the DL was non-existent... meaning they ran out of DL. LSU traveled to Mississippi State (lost 37-7... MSU murdered them) I believe with only 4 DL, two got hurt... LSU finished the game with only 2 DL and MSU racked up nearly 300 yards rushing, two weeks later the Troy game.

Danny was a solid QB, actually was the Tom Brady's backup last year... not elite but solid.

LSU lost those games because they sucked up front... literally Les left the shelves empty.

'I'm embarrassed': Mississippi State whips LSU with largest margin of victory in series history

LSU now has an elite OL, not only eite... but 2+ depth elite. DL is not elite but solid and has good depth.... 2-3 lines of depth for both DL/OL.

It all starts upfront.

Last edited:
Also, Brown went 4-8 first year there and won 31 games the last 3 seasons with 3 bowl wins. 5-7 at W Va his first year is whatever. Remind me what Pruitt did last year again?

Improved the team's win total and conference win total in year 1. Beat a team that finished in the Top10. Won @Auburn. Signed a Top15class. Since you need reminded.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Troy went 11-2 that year. Let me know the last time we won 11 games. On any given year Boise St, App St and Georgia Southern could beat us as well. Last time we played Troy we barely won with the most prolific UT offense almost ever, albeit the worst UT defense ever. Troy goes along with the App States and GA Southerns of the world who you dont want to schedule as a cupcake. They have been bad as of lately though.
This is an idiotic post. We could win 11 games a year with that soft schedule Troy or Boise or anyone like them play. Troy is a meaningless midmajor and always will be. Sure a midmajor will upset a P5 team every 250 games or so but they are flukes every time

Reminds me of the idiots proclaiming Memphis and Boise as being so dominant this year but in their bowl games they got drilled by P5 teams and was never even close

Reactions: Ratvol
Also, Brown went 4-8 first year there and won 31 games the last 3 seasons with 3 bowl wins. 5-7 at W Va his first year is whatever. Remind me what Pruitt did last year again?
Troy is 5-42 vs Power 5 teams lmao what a joke. But keep slurping that midmajor crap.

The OL was horrible in 2017 (probably LSU's worst in the modern era) and basically the DL was non-existent... meaning they ran out of DL. LSU traveled to Mississippi State (lost 37-7... MSU murdered them) I believe with only 4 DL, two got hurt... LSU finished the game with only 2 DL and MSU racked up nearly 300 yards rushing, two weeks later the Troy game.

Danny was a solid QB, actually was the Tom Brady's backup last year... not elite but solid.

LSU lost those games because they sucked up front... literally Les left the shelves empty.

'I'm embarrassed': Mississippi State whips LSU with largest margin of victory in series history

LSU now has an elite OL, not only eite... but 2+ depth elite. DL is not elite but solid and has good depth.... 2-3 lines of depth for both DL/OL.

It all starts upfront.
So..we got the OL now..still have to replace the QB. Got it!

This is an idiotic post. We could win 11 games a year with that soft schedule Troy or Boise or anyone like them play. Troy is a meaningless midmajor and always will be. Sure a midmajor will upset a P5 team every 250 games or so but they are flukes every time

Reminds me of the idiots proclaiming Memphis and Boise as being so dominant this year but in their bowl games they got drilled by P5 teams and was never even close
My point was to bring up that the 2017 Troy team is better than the 2019 Ga State team. Has nothing to do about us playing their schedule. Idiotic posts come in the form of saying because a midmajor beat a P5 team and that P5 team won a natty 52 and half years later we are destined to win big. Like you said, most of them are fluke wins and do not correlate at all to a teams future success at this level.

Yes but you compared Troy winning 11 with Tennessee trying to win 11 and then compared Brown to Pruitt when there is no comparison to either.

Very well could be. The question really is what will people do if that doesnt happen. Will the excuses be "well remember we are just two years removed from losing to Ga St., pump the breaks" or will people say "this is unacceptable. There are valid examples of teams quickly overcoming adversity and UT didnt do that. So what is next?"

That will inform me more about the direction of the program. Where are people's expectations at and how will pressure be applied to the program, or not.
Totally fair. I think we should all be in in a hopeful wait and see mode. That said, I think we all recognize we will likely only go as far as our QB can take us.

No pressure, Harrison!

Yes but you compared Troy winning 11 with Tennessee trying to win 11 and then compared Brown to Pruitt when there is no comparison to either.
Someone said Brown was garbage because he went 5-7 year one at WVU and I compared it to Pruitts first season as to say 1 season is not a tell all. As far as the 11 win season, diminishing their record because their opponents are weaker than who we play is irrelevant due to conference and talent on a roster. Could we beat NDSU? Most likely. Still doesnt take away the fact they have won a gazillion titles recently. Its just analogies.

So..we got the OL now..still have to replace the QB. Got it!

I'm not sure what that is suppose to mean. You said the only difference between the LSU's 2017 team and now was the QB position, its not... its a very strange thing as I don't think any individual on the OL plays dominate... as a group they play as a team and pass protection is something else. If anything Burrow takes sacks that he really shouldn't.... meaning he thinks its normal to have 5+ seconds to throw the ball every play.... its not, not at all. I don't recall JG getting even remotely this amount of time - to be honest, not sure I have ever seen it at any level.

Its not unusual to see Burrow have 6, 7, 8+ seconds to throw the ball.... I've watched the Vols quite a bit, JG isn't getting that much time... nobody does.

I'm not sure what that is suppose to mean. You said the only difference between the LSU's 2017 team and now was the QB position, its not... its a very strange thing as I don't think any individual on the OL plays dominate... as a group they play as a team and pass protection is something else. If anything Burrow takes sacks that he really shouldn't.... meaning he thinks its normal to have 5+ seconds to throw the ball every play.... its not, not at all. I don't recall JG getting even remotely this amount of time - to be honest, not sure I have ever seen it at any level.

Its not unusual to see Burrow have 6, 7, 8+ seconds to throw the ball.... I've watched the Vols quite a bit, JG isn't getting that much time... nobody does.
Lol. You must be watching 2017 Vols football.

In 2017, LSU lost to Troy. Now they are National Champions.

The tides are changing for us on The Hill. Perhaps our GA State loss will prove similar.

GBO!
They just won a NC. Tenn wont get within an arms length of any NC game. Florida or LSU or ala will be in the hunt. Tenn can barely beat indiana.

They just won a NC. Tenn wont get within an arms length of any NC game. Florida or LSU or ala will be in the hunt. Tenn can barely beat indiana.
Southern miss sucks more since that’s who you are fan of and your past list of trolling posts is hilariously sad

VN Store

Back