LSU has terrible line play

Has terrible line play. Shockingly bad.

Vols are actually much more superior in the trenches and has much more steady dangerous playmakers than LSU on offense.

I really don't see this game being close at all.

Their QB looked outright scared against Auburn and isn't anywhere as dangerous as a hot AR.

I really think Vols get their first big blowout statement win this weekend heading into the Bama game.

Did you just call Anthony Richardson hot? 😜

UT is the king of "Ifs and Buts".....truth be known, the game is what the game is.....and both sides of the ball can pull out "if this would have happened" to show how the game could have been closer/more of a beat down.

But all we have as evidence is the game that was played....and GA Tech, after firing their HC and AD, went and beat Pitt. That makes that win less impressive than if Pitt was sitting here with a 4-1 record and getting ready to move into the Top 20....
It will look that way until Pitt wins more games. But what you've just proposed is more "ifs and buts". In fact, you lead in with a "but". Context is often ignored but it is always important. Pitt beat themselves vs GT. UT was good enough to "beat themselves" vs Pitt and still win. Pitt was not good enough to beat themselves vs GT and still win. That's not ifs or buts... just facts.

UT is the king of "Ifs and Buts".....truth be known, the game is what the game is.....and both sides of the ball can pull out "if this would have happened" to show how the game could have been closer/more of a beat down...

Both sides can and both sides do all the time. UT isn't remarkable for this, much less "the king" of it.

The key to the game is to keep their RB’s in check. They have 2-3 different guys that are pretty solid in the backfield. They know they have to establish the run game in order to have a good shot at winning this game. Yes, UF couldn’t run the ball on us and still hung around but no matter how many people talk down on AR, he is the better QB compared to Daniels. I don’t see Daniels throwing for 300+ and winning this game through the air. That’s not what Brian Kelly is going to do and if they did go that route, I don’t think this game will be all that close. They’re gonna try to make this as short of a game as possible. This will be the ultimate TOP game for LSU.

Some of yall are delusional. LSU has more talent on both sides of the ball than UT and its not close. Their secondary is LIGHT YEARS better than ours. We dont have ONE player on the entire team as good as Ojilari. The only way we win this game is if they screw themselves. We just arent there talent wise. Its not on CJH. They need to really recruit.

Some of yall are delusional. LSU has more talent on both sides of the ball than UT and its not close. Their secondary is LIGHT YEARS better than ours. We dont have ONE player on the entire team as good as Ojilari. The only way we win this game is if they screw themselves. We just arent there talent wise. Its not on CJH. They need to really recruit.
A lot of this post is accurate except for the only way we win is if they screw themselves. If Tennessee has a good offensive game, LSU could still not screw themselves and us win the game. Don’t be a Debbie downer, we have a pretty good team.

A lot of this post is accurate except for the only way we win is if they screw themselves. If Tennessee has a good offensive game, LSU could still not screw themselves and us win the game. Don’t be a Debbie downer, we have a pretty good team.
Not trying to be a downer. Just being real. We could EASILY lose this game. Id hope that our fan base doesnt overreact when we lose to teams with superior talent. National rankings mean SQUAT. And yes.... We have a pretty good team. Nothing more when our defense is woeful in so many areas. Just play hard and and show some resolve on the road and Ill be happy win or lose.

Reactions: CedarHillVol
I agree except for the only way we win is if they screw themselves. If we play the way we can on offense they can’t keep up. We scored at will against bama last year until we ran out of gas. And we are deeper this year. We could very easily lose this game. But we can win others ways that then just screwing themselves

Hendon freakin Hooker says him So does Cedric Tilman.

Some people just have loser mentalities. It is what it is. First it was we gonna lose to Pitt, than Florida because we never beat Florida, then lsu even though they looked awful on Saturday. Just got to look past those losers and focus on the players who believe they can win every single game. And guess what if we play the way we can we can win every game. Just gonna ignore the people who refuse to get excited because they are too scared to get beat. No fun in being a fan if you are gonna be a baby about it

Beating LSU this year will not be our "first big blowout statement win" by any stretch of imagination. Beating Bama or GA would be.

I hope everyone is right on this one. I want to see the VOLS put up a lot of points in this game and play tough defense.....Or bend and not break if it stops LSU.

UT is the king of "Ifs and Buts".....truth be known, the game is what the game is.....and both sides of the ball can pull out "if this would have happened" to show how the game could have been closer/more of a beat down.

But all we have as evidence is the game that was played....and GA Tech, after firing their HC and AD, went and beat Pitt. That makes that win less impressive than if Pitt was sitting here with a 4-1 record and getting ready to move into the Top 20....
No it doesn’t.

Reactions: igotworms
Some people just have loser mentalities. It is what it is. First it was we gonna lose to Pitt, than Florida because we never beat Florida, then lsu even though they looked awful on Saturday. Just got to look past those losers and focus on the players who believe they can win every single game. And guess what if we play the way we can we can win every game. Just gonna ignore the people who refuse to get excited because they are too scared to get beat. No fun in being a fan if you are gonna be a baby about it

I agree with this mentality as long as the same folks who are assuming a win dont turn on CJH and staff at the first loss.

So...dont do that

I agree with this mentality as long as the same folks who are assuming a win dont turn on CJH and staff at the first loss.

So...dont do that
No I won’t. I expected us to go 8-4 at the start of the year but now I think I’m at 9-3. Just got to remember that the talent level is just not there on defense. But I’m gonna think we can win every game, not say we are gonna lose the whole week

VN Store

Back