LSU has terrible line play

BigOrangePaddy

Has terrible line play. Shockingly bad.

Vols are actually much more superior in the trenches and has much more steady dangerous playmakers than LSU on offense.

I really don't see this game being close at all.

Their QB looked outright scared against Auburn and isn't anywhere as dangerous as a hot AR.

I really think Vols get their first big blowout statement win this weekend heading into the Bama game.

Vols are actually much more superior in the trenches and has much more steady dangerous playmakers than LSU on offense.

Their QB looked outright scared against Auburn and isn't anywhere as dangerous as a hot AR.

I really think Vols get their first big blowout statement win this weekend heading into the Bama game.
I hope you're right! Gbo!

The OL was the worst I've watched this season. Just horrific. And combine that with a QB that plays afraid?

WGWTFA

I hope you are right, but I expect it to be too close for comfort. Thier QB is developing and he can run, so since we are UT he will have a Hiesman day and I just hope Hooker does too.

They don't have Florida's or Pitt's oline and this is why it will be an easier game for us compared to those two in addition to their hurt QB who looks like a timid rabbit out there running for his life.

This game will be close....we saw with UGA how hard it is to win on the road in the SEC vs. Mizzou....I do not know if UGA is just going through a funk right now, but playing at LSU--with Alabama the following week, has trouble spelled all over it. However you look at it, they are 4-1 now....

...and our Pitt win is not that impressive after GA Tech just beat them.....

So I expect a 4 quarter dog fight on this one.

They don't have Florida's or Pitt's oline and this is why it will be an easier game for us compared to those two in addition to their hurt QB who looks like a timid rabbit out there running for his life.

As I said just above.....our win vs. Pitt does not look that great anymore after they just got beat vs. GA Tech....

IF UT can get a win then I'm going to be giddy. LSU has weaknesses but they also have the 3rd most talent of any opponent UT will play. There ARE times when talent overcomes bad coaching... and Kelly's problems aren't game prep or game day. He has some leadership issues that may cost him in the long run. In the short run, he's going to have a good plan and the players to execute it... at home.

This game will be close....we saw with UGA how hard it is to win on the road in the SEC vs. Mizzou....I do not know if UGA is just going through a funk right now, but playing at LSU--with Alabama the following week, has trouble spelled all over it. However you look at it, they are 4-1 now....

...and our Pitt win is not that impressive after GA Tech just beat them.....

So I expect a 4 quarter dog fight on this one.
People are overplaying this. If UT had not turned the ball over and Pitt had given it to UT 3 times... it wouldn't have been a close game. UT's TO"s were critical in keeping that game close.

I didn’t see terrible line play but I think that’s because I was watching Ojulari have a field day and Auburns DL is actually a pretty skilled group

People are overplaying this. If UT had not turned the ball over and Pitt had given it to UT 3 times... it wouldn't have been a close game. UT's TO"s were critical in keeping that game close.

UT is the king of "Ifs and Buts".....truth be known, the game is what the game is.....and both sides of the ball can pull out "if this would have happened" to show how the game could have been closer/more of a beat down.

But all we have as evidence is the game that was played....and GA Tech, after firing their HC and AD, went and beat Pitt. That makes that win less impressive than if Pitt was sitting here with a 4-1 record and getting ready to move into the Top 20....

The OL was the worst I've watched this season. Just horrific. And combine that with a QB that plays afraid?

WGWTFA
Their O-Line is pretty bad, but not near as bad as Kentucky’s. They're essentially the worst in the entire country.

The other good news is Daniels seems to have a leg injury, which will certainly limit his effectiveness as a runner. If he's not able to scramble around and avoid sacks, then he's got no chance out there. That was the difference with AR vs Kentucky/USF and vs us when he was healthy.

Be careful with that kind of thinking. Well, I guess you’re not playing so it really doesn’t matter but look at how bad UGA’s offense looked against Missouri’s defense. Mizzou, who got blown off the field giving up 40 to Kansas St, gave up 24 to La Tech and 17 to Abilene Christian held Georgia to 26 and 14 of that came in the last 10 minutes. Results change from week to week. No road game in the SEC is easy and LSU has talent. They’ll be fired up and ready to play.

Be careful with that kind of thinking. Well, I guess you’re not playing so it really doesn’t matter but look at how bad UGA’s offense looked against Missouri’s defense. Mizzou, who got blown off the field giving up 40 to Kansas St, gave up 24 to La Tech and 17 to Abilene Christian held Georgia to 26 and 14 of that came in the last 10 minutes. Results change from week to week. No road game in the SEC is easy and LSU has talent. They’ll be fired up and ready to play.
That's why I keep the mustard and pepto bottles close at all times during games.

I hope you are right, but I expect it to be too close for comfort. Thier QB is developing and he can run, so since we are UT he will have a Hiesman day and I just hope Hooker does too.
This is correct. Same thing I said about AR(which happened) and all these people on here were telling me to GTFO and how I was crazy

Nice jinxing us.

Our competition to date is suspect though. We will see. I hope we can pull this one out and I feel confident we can.

I don’t think Daniels’ injury is all that much. Just looked banged up similar to Hooker vs UF. He jammed his knee into the ground and didn’t look like any kind of injury that would keep him out but I guess we’ll wait and see.

GA Tech beat Pitt but doesn’t necessarily make our win look worse. Mizzou caught GA sleeping and had a legit chance to win but crapped the bed. Every year teams lose games they shouldn’t. Or have an off game or two against inferior opponents. That’s the beauty of college football. Any team can win on any given Saturday. It all depends on who shows up and wants it more

I don't expect any explosive plays from LSU. They got good WRs but don't have the QB to keep up in a shootout. LB play will hurt them. They will struggle being stretched out so I can see the middle as money all morning. It's death valley but with the early kickoff and how we score in a hurry and often, I don't see the crowd being that much of a factor

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

Same song different verse. Another blowout in the making, right? :rolleyes:

Reactions: J C Higgins

VN Store

Back