LSU game in Baton Rouge Monday is a sellout!

It’s laughable the way Kim is making LSU the underdog. They’re ranked #4, undefeated, and will be facing an unranked TN team. Even if we beat UConn, they’ll be the higher ranked team.

I think she realizes it isn’t a gimmie game for them and that incredibly weak schedule could catch up to them next Monday. If anything, the game that’s being promoted the most is LSU-SC, in which they will be the underdog.

Just like all the history talk this week, this stuff Kim is slinging is mostly for fans and the press. The players, both teams, have been alive and alert lately. They know very well who's favored. It ain't us.

LOL seems Angel is already campaigning for a statue. Who'd have guessed?

Just like all the history talk this week, this stuff Kim is slinging is mostly for fans and the press. The players, both teams, have been alive and alert lately. They know very well who's favored. It ain't us.

LOL seems Angel is already campaigning for a statue. Who'd have guessed?
What defines being favored? The ranking? People have been very vocal about LSU not being that good because of their weak schedule, and she's not wrong that coming into the season LSU was not favored over either SC or Tennessee (of course, this was before Tamari's medical disclosure).

All the players want to be the best ever, all of them want a statue. Saying otherwise is lying. They certainly wouldn't say to take it down! At least Angel owns it.

What defines being favored? The ranking?
For me it's the eye test. Again, l've been alive and alert the last few weeks. Anyone betting money on the LVs at LSU's sold out arena?

If the LVs pull it out, it will be wonderful. But very unexpected. Just like tonight's game, I'm pretty sure the oddsmakers will define favored the same way.

Re the statue, of course everyone wants one. Several will probably get one now that the statue genie is out of the bottle. Will inevitably water down the meaning.

For me it's the eye test. Again, l've been alive and alert the last few weeks. Anyone betting money on the LVs at LSU's sold out arena?

If the LVs pull it out, it will be wonderful. But very unexpected. Just like tonight's game, I'm pretty sure the oddsmakers will define favored the same way.

Re the statue, of course everyone wants one. Several will probably get one now that the statue genie is out of the bottle. Will inevitably water down the meaning.
Tonight's game will be a good indication of how Tenn will matchup with LSU. They are similar to UConn is several ways: dominating inside game, a smooth shooter, a jack of all trades wing. Difference is at PG, where UConn has one that's more disciplined but less of a threat offensively.

If Tenn has a strong showing against UConn (win or lose), then I think that would bode well for them vs LSU. Ultimately, I don't think there's a huge difference in going up against Aliyah Edwards vs. Angel Reese. Both of them are likely All Americans, with Edwards being more versatile and Reese being more explosive.

As far as the statue, Angel should get one if she brings LSU a NC. Otherwise, she's still behind Sylvia and Seimone.

Tonight's game will be a good indication of how Tenn will matchup with LSU. They are similar to UConn is several ways: dominating inside game, a smooth shooter, a jack of all trades wing. Difference is at PG, where UConn has one that's more disciplined but less of a threat offensively.

If Tenn has a strong showing against UConn (win or lose), then I think that would bode well for them vs LSU. Ultimately, I don't think there's a huge difference in going up against Aliyah Edwards vs. Angel Reese. Both of them are likely All Americans, with Edwards being more versatile and Reese being more explosive.

As far as the statue, Angel should get one if she brings LSU a NC. Otherwise, she's still behind Sylvia and Seimone.
Even if we beat UConn, the Lsu game will be very difficult because of the matchup problems.

Even if we beat UConn, the Lsu game will be very difficult because of the matchup problems.
LSU will do a lot of the stuff UConn did tonight, except they won’t get bullied on the boards. That plus a hostile crowd probably means a 20 point win for the home team.

LSU will do a lot of the stuff UConn did tonight, except they won’t get bullied on the boards. That plus a hostile crowd probably means a 20 point win for the home team.
Their offense is not at the level of UConn but their rebounding is much better than UCONNs. So TN will need to shoot much more effectively on their first shot then relying on O boards

Hope the ladies come ready to play

I agree. And if Kellie starts Striplin, Angel might have double digit rebounds in the first 5 minutes.

Makes on difference what she or anyone trying to make this game more than a beatdown says. I fear a UConn type whopping that we were handed last night or maybe worse.

Kim is running her mouth and never mentioned that key & Marta left the team with issues. Can she win a game with her 2 starters out for season.
They were losing before they were both out, with both of them playing, they did not have one win over a good team. I'm a Lady Vol, fan but sometimes you have to give credit where it's due. Kelly is not a very good coach, in preparation or in game adjustments, we started out at pre season number 5 and went spiraling down from there. Horston and Jackson are gone at the end of the season and she has not signed one player for the next season. I think more people can see what is going on than they will admit

Reactions: lfvol
She is a winner, but she is also utterly insufferable when it comes to gamemanship.
Yeah..... Kim and Geno are clever foxes they play the media to their advantage. Geno's tantrum at halftime about ' coming down here'
was not only for that game but for any team that's coming to play in TBA. He cooked the refs so they would be slow blowing whistlers in favor of any visitors.
Geno , Kim ,Dawn and Tara are Ole school chess- players in this league and damn good at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back