Loudest game at Neyland you attended

For a full game I'd have to go with Oklahoma....I don't think slowed down any except at halftime
I was in the south east upper deck. And even up there it was deafening. We lost but Neyland showed why our fans are the best. This is why I’m so pissed about the renovations, I don’t think some of y’all get how that could negatively effect the atmosphere and noise level

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
It has to be a night game. 99 auburn or 04 Florida in games that I was at though remember how much the camera was shaking during the 98 florida game on tv.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
The 1994 Tennessee and Vanderbilt game. Players got into a fight after warmups before game. Debar do had said they were going to beat us. Tennessee won 65-0 . If Vanderbilt had won it would have kept them from a losing season for the first time in years. John Ward said after the game that it was the first time he had seen the players and fans play and yell 100% of an entire game…

That game was in Nashville. I was there. It wasn’t loud at all. The stadium was pretty orange but not really even full.

Reactions: Neyland123
Still the best coached game of Butch's career. He actually made me think he may be OK on that particular day.
Funny how that game was probably Butch’s best coached game and Pruitt’s best coached game was the game in Tuscaloosa. Hopefully we won’t look back at Heupel’s time here and think about his best coached game was a close loss versus Florida or whoever.

I remember it getting really loud on this play. I was I. The student section and people were filling up their cups with water running down the bleachers and launching them at the Gator bench. It was awesome…. I think I was on the 6th row and someone behind us launched a big size 12 water logged leather shoe it barely skimmed my head but slammed the guy in front of me right in the back. He picked it up and threw it at the Gator bench too.

I love how the guy that got hit with the shoe knew exactly what to do with it. I was born about 20 years too late for this sort of fun.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I was at this one as well, some of those plays were insanely loud. When Joey Kent caught the ball over the blitz and took it to the house and the whole last series that Leonard Little destroyed Kitchens were crazy.
I was tnere and that was loud. But the rain took away just a little bit of the maximum volume.

I was at the 04 Florida game, but I say when Clausen hit Stephens for the big score to take the lead against UGA in ‘03 was the loudest moment. The upper deck was wobbly. Then you could’ve heard a pen drop five minutes later 😣😣

It's 4 games/moments for me:

2001 against UGA...when Clausen hit Stephen's for the screen.

2004 against UF...the kick.

2006 against Cal....that whole game was just loud.

2013 against SC...when we upset them on last second FG.

I was at the 04 Florida game, but I say when Clausen hit Stephens for the big score to take the lead against UGA in ‘03 was the loudest moment. The upper deck was wobbly. Then you could’ve heard a pen drop five minutes later 😣😣
That was 01.

Still the best coached game of Butch's career. He actually made me think he may be OK on that particular day.
Was at Epcot Food and Wine sitting in England listening on phone . What a game . Thought we had it for sure

A game that doesn’t get mentioned often is that 06 Cal game. I was at 98/04 Florida and a lot of the others, but that Cal game was the last time I remember the crowd really making a difference.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back