Lot of folks on TOS suddenly saying it’s Pruitt

My friend, it was not because of talent that we got beat. Did you even watch any of the games or recruiting from this past season. We are not depleted as far as talent goes, we just didn’t anyone coaching the talent up.

Quote of the night! Dilly dilly. Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Because we aint in the same stratosphere as Georgia when it comes to talent. Not even close. Kirby didnt have to rebuild anything. Richt laid all the foundations that Kirby has built on.

Pruitt will have to rebuild not only one of the nations wors offenses, but an absolutely horrid defense when it comes to stopping the run. He wilk have to change our entire culture. All the other East teams best us last year. We will be just as bad next year. Maybe worse.

There’s a horrible misconception that UT has all this talent. I have been roasted on here for the last two years because I bashed our OL recruiting... but those issues are no longer even arguable unless you are blind.

People truly convince themselves that we are better off than we actually are. We don’t have one true LT on our team. Smith and Richmond should be RG and LG for this team. If Hall could stay healthy he’d solidify the RT spot, but he’s proven he can’t stay healthy since high school. Our OL is in such rough shape I don’t know how we are going to win 6 games in the next two years. Butch’s idiotic philosophy of recruiting 6’6” 265 OT out of high school has put us in a real bind. Our DT depth isnt much better, and our secondary outside Gaulden and Warrior is a disaster. It will take a monumental overhaul to getting us competing by 2019. We will probably have to spend 11-12 scholarships next year on OL and DL alone. We need at least 3 OTs and 3 DTs who are highly sought after before we can even think about competing again.

Reactions: 3 people
Might not be the smartest move ever to lock in another huge buyout, for Coach Pru. You know how I was saying that Phil would hire somebody that makes him look smart? Pru makes Phil look like rocket surgeon of the year.

Buyouts are two-sided. The buyout for a coach leaving is not necessarily equal to the buyout required to fire a coach.

Agreed! That would be a helluva start to an elite recruiting staff. And I bet Pruitt won't stop with elite at those 2 coaching positions. He has contacts everywhere and could assemble one of the best staffs in the country. Hopefully he gets the coaching pool to do that, which I'm betting he will. That really excites me.

If he comes he will prob get Lindsey as OC. However I really think Tee is a better fit for Tennessee (not because he is a VFL). Not sure why he would bring in Tee as they have no exp with or vs really....and I'm sure Pruitt would want to bring in "his" staff. But maybe he would do it simply because he knows Tee is a good OC and a great recruiter........I hope.

In reality if the 3 were brought in (Tee with them, because Tosh Lupoi would be a done deal anyway....I think) this would prob be the best staff top to bottom than we could have realistically hoped for after the Currie fiasco.

Last edited:
There’s a horrible misconception that UT has all this talent. I have been roasted on here for the last two years because I bashed our OL recruiting... but those issues are no longer even arguable unless you are blind.

People truly convince themselves that we are better off than we actually are. We don’t have one true LT on our team. Smith and Richmond should be RG and LG for this team. If Hall could stay healthy he’d solidify the RT spot, but he’s proven he can’t stay healthy since high school. Our OL is in such rough shape I don’t know how we are going to win 6 games in the next two years. Butch’s idiotic philosophy of recruiting 6’6” 265 OT out of high school has put us in a real bind. Our DT depth isnt much better, and our secondary outside Gaulden and Warrior is a disaster. It will take a monumental overhaul to getting us competing by 2019. We will probably have to spend 11-12 scholarships next year on OL and DL alone. We need at least 3 OTs and 3 DTs who are highly sought after before we can even think about competing again.

Agree on everything here. How many times have we seen our OL and DL get pushed around by vastly inferior talent. Hell, even UMASS guys pushed us around.

I actually think it will be 2020 at the earliest. We need an entire culture change. With Dooley and Nutvh, this program has been infected with a weak minded losing mentality. That needs to be remedied. That will take time. We arennowhere nearly as talented as we are on paper.

Reactions: 2 people
Because we aint in the same stratosphere as Georgia when it comes to talent. Not even close. Kirby didnt have to rebuild anything. Richt laid all the foundations that Kirby has built on.

Pruitt will have to rebuild not only one of the nations wors offenses, but an absolutely horrid defense when it comes to stopping the run. He wilk have to change our entire culture. All the other East teams best us last year. We will be just as bad next year. Maybe worse.

Totally agree

I think the O (minus the line and all blocking) could be fixed fairly quickly; however the line will take more time.....and more talent. The defense however will prob take even more time. Whoever the next coach is will have to totally overhaul the front 7......in terms of development, scheme, and even talent.

No matter who comes in the 1st year looks like 7-5 at best......and realistically.......at least a bit worse.

On a good note....if it is Pruitt, he is a really good D coach, and Tosh Lupoi is as well....and he has coached D line which would help.

More losing seasons to come....

Nice........now the "sources" comes out again.......I guess we don;t need to get excited, as we all know that means it isn't Pruitt.

But I really think it will be him.....hope some with Lupoi & Martin......prob can't do better unless they could get Petersen or something real close....which isn't happening (and really the trio could turn out to be the best possible for Tennessee & in the SEC.....but still a bit of a gamble.....and I wouldn't count on Tee coming anyway).

Lupoi not coming. Saban will make him DC. Lupoi makes 900 thousand as a LB coach. They are not going to pay him this much and not try to keep him.

Last edited:
Good riddance to this football program.

I will not support incompetence.

Fans like you amaze me. Before seeing a body of work(staff hires,recruiting, and results on the field) you're out as fan. As I have said before, there are many camps within our fan base that want "Their guy", and if it's not their choice are spewing how incompetent the administration is, or CPF is no better than Currie.

I for one will support the eventual hire and see a product before I judge the hire. Flame away and call me settling for mediocrity, which will be the consensus for those that have a agenda of who they want as HC and won't be happy with anyone else. IMO that's a sad way to go through life.

Watching interviews and videos of him coaching makes me feel like this is a great hire! I think him along with Tee will recruit really well and kick ass!

Pruitt would be a good hire IMO. I was all in on Gruden, it was an awesome fantasy, but now back in reality I just want someone who will help make UT respectable again, and I believe Pruitt will do that.

Hard to call for a natty championship or anything like that, but you probaby need your head examined if you are calling this Butch Jones 2.0 Im absolutely positive that isnt what it is.

If they announce Pruitt today, while he may not be the guy a lot of us wanted, its a good day for UT.

Guys, my source just texted me and said that not only are we getting Pruitt, but Saban wants to come too! Said he was bringing all of his players as well! Tifwiw.

Look at me. I'm an insider now.

Guys, my source just texted me and said that not only are we getting Pruitt, but Saban wants to come too! Said he was bringing all of his players as well! Tifwiw.

Look at me. I'm an insider now.

Just as likely as Gruden... so let make a thread about it and talk about everything to this point has been some huge controlled leak or smokescreen!

VN Store

Back