Lot of folks on TOS suddenly saying it’s Pruitt

Fans like you amaze me. Before seeing a body of work(staff hires,recruiting, and results on the field) you're out as fan. As I have said before, there are many camps within our fan base that want "Their guy", and if it's not their choice are spewing how incompetent the administration is, or CPF is no better than Currie.

I for one will support the eventual hire and see a product before I judge the hire. Flame away and call me settling for mediocrity, which will be the consensus for those that have a agenda of who they want as HC and won't be happy with anyone else. IMO that's a sad way to go through life.

The reason many of us are upset and believe administration is incompetent is being in the situation that UT is in (about to slip into being irrelevant), this needed to be a homerun hire (someone you would have to pay Saban money to get here), yet looks like hiring a D.C. for head coach. Those that use Kirby Smart as example is not good comparison, because they were not slipping into being irrelevant like we are. It has looked like (other than the fake offer to Gundy that was just a show for fans) they have not been willing to spend Saban money.

The reason many of us are upset and believe administration is incompetent is being in the situation that UT is in (about to slip into being irrelevant), this needed to be a homerun hire (someone you would have to pay Saban money to get here), yet looks like hiring a D.C. for head coach. Those that use Kirby Smart as example is not good comparison, because they were not slipping into being irrelevant like we are. It has looked like (other than the fake offer to Gundy that was just a show for fans) they have not been willing to spend Saban money.

Good point, but judging from a point of speculation before we actually see who steps up to the podium and giving that coach time to produce a product on the field is just pure speculation. I would like to see our fan base united as it did by taking to twitter, calls, email, and donors to stop the OSU DC hire for head coach.

I understand the reason for not having faith in the administration but let's see where we are heading before (the results in recruiting and on the field)the rats abandon the ship. JMO

How is it that some on VolNation think they know who should be hired, when they should be hired and how much they should be offered? They are eager to spend others money. They don’t suggest a coach they would rather have unless it’s unrealistic. The arrogance and immaturity is astonishing.

Reactions: 4 people
Roy Bigod Mercer is reporting this morning that Pruitt will be announced and is planning to put a couple of knots on everybody's head. If you don't support him he might just come and whip your a$$

Reactions: 1 person
Lupoi not coming. Saban will make him DC. Lupoi makes 900 thousand as a LB coach. They are not going to pay him this much and not try to keep him.

He is coming. Just like Tucker left to go with Kirby when he would have been bumped to DC. Coach's hate working for Saban but it looks good on a resume. Lupio would leave quickly.

If we do land Pruitt I will be happy with the hire! When is the last time we've hired a defensive HC? Before Majors. That is a long time ago. Something different. Six of the seven Head Coaches in the East are defensive minded. Mullen is the lone offensive guy.

like 80% of the ppl on vn have "heard something". But 100% of them have been wrong. So sick of the "insiders"

Ive noticed there are a few with legit intel, but for the most part people are guessing at the outcome. Sometimes its hard to distinguish between the two.

This is a microcosm of the fanbase...hate one, love the other, or want their "homerun" hire (Leach, Kiffin)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 6
Tennessee will never attract a big name coach until we offer more that 5 million.

Quite frankly I bet it's insulting to many coaches to be low balled by such a big power 5 program.

UT is trying to do find a 2* coach that turns out to be a 5* in hiding.

Tennessee will never attract a big name coach until we offer more that 5 million.

Quite frankly I bet it's insulting to many coaches to be low balled by such a big power 5 program.
If its $5 mil a year or more that would be good enough for top 10 in NCAA this year, not to mention 2nd (now 3rd with Fisher's hiring) in SEC. Does anyone research anything? Nope...just fit misguided opinions to your narrative.

Full list here: NCAAF | Coaches | Salaries | USA TODAY Sports

Doug Dickey was a Gator. Phil Fulmer was an OC. Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley, and Butch Jones were all head coaches. None of that matters. What matters is if the guy can recruit and hire a good staff. Period.

Reactions: 3 people
Has anyone considered the possibility that Fulmer wants Pruitt(and potentially other members of Bama staff that may or may not come with him) in order to hurt Alabama?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back