Looks like Kelly Bryant will be ready for UF & Vols

They don't have winning records because Tn beat them.
Last year UT was in the same spot. 5-5 coming off a win against a much, much better UK team, and a road win over Auburn, and then they **** the bed.

So, I’ll wait and see. SC, Vandy, Missou, and UK are all way worse than they were a year ago. Miss State is a much worse team than Auburn was. Even with a loss to UT last year, all of those except Vandy would still have winning records. Hell, Vandy made a bowl last year. So, your statement doesn’t hold water.

UT played terrible last Saturday. They just found an opponent who wanted it less.

I see improvement on defense, but the offense looks terrible, which is a mystery considering it has three NFL quality receivers in Jennings, Callaway and DWA. Still an anemic running game.
Pruitt could not have asked for an easier schedule and still managed to f the thing up and dig them in a hole with one of the worse losses in program history. This is a very, very mediocre team that still could have easily have won 8 or 9 games.

Last year UT was in the same spot. 5-5 coming off a win against a much, much better UK team, and a road win over Auburn, and then they **** the bed.

So, I’ll wait and see. SC, Vandy, Missou, and UK are all way worse than they were a year ago. Miss State is a much worse team than Auburn was. Even with a loss to UT last year, all of those except Vandy would still have winning records. Hell, Vandy made a bowl last year. So, your statement doesn’t hold water.

UT played terrible last Saturday. They just found an opponent who wanted it less.

I see improvement on defense, but the offense looks terrible, which is a mystery considering it has three NFL quality receivers in Jennings, Callaway and DWA. Still an anemic running game.
Pruitt could not have asked for an easier schedule and still managed to f the thing up and dig them in a hole with one of the worse losses in program history. This is a very, very mediocre team that still could have easily have won 8 or 9 games.
Whatever you want to think big guy. I can't believe we aren't undefeated this year, it should have been easy for Pruitt to go from awful to great!! Geez Louise, if you don't see improvement in this team over last year's bunch then really no sense in debating about it. You obviously think we still suck and are not anywhere close to making you happy, have fun with that.

Whatever you want to think big guy. I can't believe we aren't undefeated this year, it should have been easy for Pruitt to go from awful to great!! Geez Louise, if you don't see improvement in this team over last year's bunch then really no sense in debating about it. You obviously think we still suck and are not anywhere close to making you happy, have fun with that.
So, you’re taking my factual post and counter position personally? “Big guy?”
Get bent.
I just said I see improvement in the defense. The offense, despite having a better OLine is less productive. So, overall I don’t see an improvement in offense. Right now they have the EXACT same record as last year, with a much worse loss. They have two teams remaining that are both much worse than last year, so that bodes well that they’ll improve the record by at least a game.

Sadly, most fans are measuring improvement based on Pruitt taking the bar to new lows with the season opener. If Pruitt even has a little bit of competence, this team is already bowl eligible and maybe on its way to 9 regular season wins. Instead, it’s still just fighting for bowl eligibility.

last week was one of the ugliest games I’ve seen a UT team play. Their opponent was just worse.

So, you’re taking my factual post and counter position personally? “Big guy?”
Get bent.
I just said I see improvement in the defense. The offense, despite having a better OLine is less productive. So, overall I don’t see an improvement in offense. Right now they have the EXACT same record as last year, with a much worse loss. They have two teams remaining that are both much worse than last year, so that bodes well that they’ll improve the record by at least a game.

Sadly, most fans are measuring improvement based on Pruitt taking the bar to new lows with the season opener. If Pruitt even has a little bit of competence, this team is already bowl eligible and maybe on its way to 9 regular season wins. Instead, it’s still just fighting for bowl eligibility.

last week was one of the ugliest games I’ve seen a UT team play. Their opponent was just worse.
I'd have to question your ability to know much about the game if you thought Sat was an ugly win. I thought Tn looked pretty much exactly like Ga did vs Ky. I thought Tn looked a bit wore down after playing 5 pretty physical football teams, I saw a bunch of Tn guys playing hurt vs a rested healthy Ky team who also played Fl down to the wire. I saw Tn pretty much control the ballgame after halftime through adjustments and changing personnel when needed, something that we've done pretty much 5 straight weeks, a testament to the ENTIRE team improving. Our offense has certainly struggled this season at times and at other times they've done exactly what they have needed to do to win. I believe the majority of the country sees vast improvement in the entire Tennessee football program and its showing up everywhere, in football shows, on the world wide web and throughout coaching circles. I believe that you have a somewhat negative view of where we are compared to last year, the 2 records may be the same but the program is not I feel. Sorry about the big guy comment, I didn't know you were vertically challenged, my way of saying "get bent" as you like to say.

I'd have to question your ability to know much about the game if you thought Sat was an ugly win. I thought Tn looked pretty much exactly like Ga did vs Ky. I thought Tn looked a bit wore down after playing 5 pretty physical football teams, I saw a bunch of Tn guys playing hurt vs a rested healthy Ky team who also played Fl down to the wire. I saw Tn pretty much control the ballgame after halftime through adjustments and changing personnel when needed, something that we've done pretty much 5 straight weeks, a testament to the ENTIRE team improving. Our offense has certainly struggled this season at times and at other times they've done exactly what they have needed to do to win. I believe the majority of the country sees vast improvement in the entire Tennessee football program and its showing up everywhere, in football shows, on the world wide web and throughout coaching circles. I believe that you have a somewhat negative view of where we are compared to last year, the 2 records may be the same but the program is not I feel. Sorry about the big guy comment, I didn't know you were vertically challenged, my way of saying "get bent" as you like to say.
So, you double down on the insult, and then tripple down. You realize this says more about you than me, right?

I even agree, UT was likely spent. But, they still played bad enough to lose most nights. And, the facts remain, they are 5-5 at the same juncture with no wins over ranked opponents and a horrible loss. All that is worse than last year at the same juncture. That isn’t my opinion, it’s facts.

Another fact is this was a much easier schedule and no one with a brain can dispute that.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
So, you double down on the insult, and then tripple down. You realize this says more about you than me, right?

I even agree, UT was likely spent. But, they still played bad enough to lose most nights. And, the facts remain, they are 5-5 at the same juncture with no wins over ranked opponents and a horrible loss. All that is worse than last year at the same juncture. That isn’t my opinion, it’s facts.

Another fact is this was a much easier schedule and no one with a brain can dispute that.
I predicted we'd go 10-3 this year because of the weak schedule. We'd be staring that in the face if not for the 2 early season losses. While sickening, I believe you can look at those 2 losses and come to the conclusion that several factors played a role, including youth, personnel and locker room and since the final purge of our roster 4 games in this team has been better at every facet, including coaching, than on those 2 miserable losses.

I predicted we'd go 10-3 this year because of the weak schedule. We'd be staring that in the face if not for the 2 early season losses. While sickening, I believe you can look at those 2 losses and come to the conclusion that several factors played a role, including youth, personnel and locker room and since the final purge of our roster 4 games in this team has been better at every facet, including coaching, than on those 2 miserable losses.
No question.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
The only hope for them is to get KB back because without him, they're terrible. Probably the second worst team in the conference ahead of Arkansas. With him, they probably are maybe slightly better than Kentucky. They're team in general is going to be very worn down after playing Georgia and Florida in consecutive weeks, and KB is already banged up before facing Florida. Plus we're coming off a bye week, so we should be a little healthier. I think we'll beat them, but they do play well at home.

The game was on the road. Pundits said UT was not going to win. They did what it took to win. There's really nothing here worth griping about.

Reactions: StarRaider
The game was on the road. Pundits said UT was not going to win. They did what it took to win. There's really nothing here worth griping about.
Pointing out facts isn’t griping.

Winning being better than losing really isn’t anything ground breaking. Sometimes you win even when you play bad enough to lose. That’s the game. IMO, you don’t get bonus points when the other team ***** the bed. I was happy with the win and cheered it. But, that doesn’t mean I lose all objectivity and make it more than it was.

Pruitt put UT in a hole and it’s his job to get them out. Anyone objectively looking at this schedule would say UT had potentially 9 wins. That would be the ceiling. So, 7 would basically be treading water. With the weaker schedule, 7 would be a weighted improvement with a better record, but not exactly better. Anything less, wound be a failure. My measure of success is not based on losing the first game. You don’t get bonus points for winning now because you lost then. If UT wins one of the next two they get a bowl. Yay!

Pointing out facts isn’t griping.

Winning being better than losing really isn’t anything ground breaking. Sometimes you win even when you play bad enough to lose. That’s the game. IMO, you don’t get bonus points when the other team ***** the bed. I was happy with the win and cheered it. But, that doesn’t mean I lose all objectivity and make it more than it was.

Pruitt put UT in a hole and it’s his job to get them out. Anyone objectively looking at this schedule would say UT had potentially 9 wins. That would be the ceiling. So, 7 would basically be treading water. With the weaker schedule, 7 would be a weighted improvement with a better record, but not exactly better. Anything less, wound be a failure. My measure of success is not based on losing the first game. You don’t get bonus points for winning now because you lost then. If UT wins one of the next two they get a bowl. Yay!

If you're not griping then I don't understand your point. No one here is recommending that Pruitt get coach of the year or even that he's earned a raise. As for me, I'm pleased that they're now watchable and entertaining. I couldn't even stomach watching 60 mins of the first 5 games of the season. I'm encouraged that Pruitt has the team on the upswing because it'd set the school back another couple yrs if we did another re-boot now. But if your point is that the jury's still out on him as our savior and coach of the future, I agree.

We just need to come out energetic, execute properly, and take the early lead. They need to be chasing our scores until time runs out on them.

If you're not griping then I don't understand your point. No one here is recommending that Pruitt get coach of the year or even that he's earned a raise. As for me, I'm pleased that they're now watchable and entertaining. I couldn't even stomach watching 60 mins of the first 5 games of the season. I'm encouraged that Pruitt has the team on the upswing because it'd set the school back another couple yrs if we did another re-boot now. But if your point is that the jury's still out on him as our savior and coach of the future, I agree.
That’s pretty much the point. It’s a discussion forum and I don’t need a persimmon slip from anyone.
The point is counter balance to the people who are literally ready to claim the program is fixed. It isn’t.
I thought most of the Uk game was unwatchable and some of the worst football I’ve seen in a while. If I wasn’t a Ut fan, I certainly would not have been interested.

That’s pretty much the point. It’s a discussion forum and I don’t need a persimmon slip from anyone.
The point is counter balance to the people who are literally ready to claim the program is fixed. It isn’t.
I thought most of the Uk game was unwatchable and some of the worst football I’ve seen in a while. If I wasn’t a Ut fan, I certainly would not have been interested.

Love those spell check typos! :p

iu
slip.

Kelly Bryant is 5 tds/5 tos against the SEC with a 57% completion percentage. I'm not worried about him, more so their recent history of owning us regardless of who the QB is.

The biggest question for me is which Tennessee shows up? We have moments where we look unstoppable and others, like the first quarter against Kentucky, where we look like we did against Georgia State. When we are firing I think we can beat almost anybody.

OK, I'll go on record as saying no, the program is not yet "fixed." It's still a work in progress. If anyone else would like to state for the record that the program is fixed, I welcome them to chime in. My gut feeling is that you've created a strawman here.

OK, I'll go on record as saying no, the program is not yet "fixed." It's still a work in progress. If anyone else would like to state for the record that the program is fixed, I welcome them to chime in. My gut feeling is that you've created a strawman here.
Look at the “fire Pruitt thread” thread.

This team is not in the same spot as last year, not even close. They weren't coming off a road win against Auburn. Last year's team went 2-6 in conference play and no matter how you try to spin it, three conference wins is much better than two with a chance to win two more this season. Both teams were 5-5 at this point but you skipped over the non-competitive loss against Alabama at home and losing at South Carolina. Three of the wins last year leading into Missouri were ETSU, UTEP, and Charlotte. This year's team only has two out of conference wins and one of those was against an 8-1 UAB team, on top of two out conference losses. Yes, last year's team beat UK but that was hardly anything new and was on a much different trajectory. They had nearly lost to Charlotte. The 2019 version played Alabama for four quarters on the road and has won three out of the last four conference games plus a tough OOC opponent; two vastly different trajectories. You are just arguing for the sake of it.

VN Store

Back