Looks like Kelly Bryant will be ready for UF & Vols

I am glad he is playing against UF. Their defensive line is very stout and will wear him down by the end of the game. It will be a very physical game for them

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If I'm not mistaken, the last time Coach Pruitt had to game plan for Bryant was the playoff game (Bama v Clemson) on Jan 1, 2018.
Now, admittedly this was him coaching with Bama talent, but also Bryant playing with Clemson players as well.

Anyway ...
Kelly Bryant 18/36, 124 yds, 2 INT

It probably doesn't mean anything, but I just thought it was interesting enough to share.

I think different
If I’m had a normal QB I think we play better defensively
That guy could run and we still were getting pressure and sacks
I agree with you. The only reason UK was able to run like they did was because of Bowden and the scheme that is extremely difficult to defend when they have a QB (WR) thats as elusive as LB. Plus they were coming off the BYE and threw some new wrinkles in to confuse UTs D. If they play with an actual QB, I dont believe they even go up 13 to begin with, IMO. Playing mobile QBs forces defenses to account for that when dialing up pressures allowing for mostly 4 man rushes with few blitzes and a spy. With a pocket passer, the entire playbook is a possibility.

As for Bryant, the announcers during the UGA game said he could have played against UGA but they got the feeling they wanted to save him for the rest of the season. Once the game was over Mizzou played a true freshman who actually looked pretty good.

Just my 2 cents, but they decided this is a throw away season because of the NCAA sanctions and they're just trying to get the team ready for next year and finish with the best record they can.

As for Bryant, the announcers during the UGA game said he could have played against UGA but they got the feeling they wanted to save him for the rest of the season. Once the game was over Mizzou played a true freshman who actually looked pretty good.

Just my 2 cents, but they decided this is a throw away season because of the NCAA sanctions and they're just trying to get the team ready for next year and finish with the best record they can.

That’s awful as a coach

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Mizzou at home:
WVU: 382 yards, gave up 171 and won 38-7
USC: 421 yards, gave up 271 and won 34-14
Ole Miss: 562 yards, gave up 440 and won 38-27

Mizzou on road:
@Vandy: 292 yards, gave up 315 and lost 21-14
@kentucky: 289 yards, gave up 360 and lost 29-7

They've always been tougher at home. We'll see what happens when they play Florida at home, though, but I honestly don't like our chances. We made a *lot* of mistakes and should have been down by 21-24 points at halftime given how poorly we played. We were lucky Kentucky was one-dimensional. If they had a QB that could throw they would have won big.
If grandma had balls they'd call her grandpa.

Reactions: tobybeast
True, but Bryant is a competitor, and he's a very good QB overall. The rest of his team may or may not have mailed it in at this point, but having him back for FL may give them a new spark. I still expect them to have their teeth kicked in, but I also think they will look a little more efficient with KB at the helm. We, on the other hand, are trending up, yes. But we also still have ZERO room for taking any team for granted and making any assumptions. We should prep just like Mizzou is playing for bowl eligibility as well.
Calling Bryant a “very good QB” is a bit of an overstatement. He’s ok, he’s pretty average, he can make a play here and there. But he won’t be the reason we win or lose. It’ll be about, as usual, who wins up front on both lines of scrimmage. We have to stop their run game and we need to be able to run the ball. Limit our mistakes and keep playing defense like we’ve been playing and we’ll have a great chance to win imo.

He's gotta live through Zuniga and gang before he can think of taking on Bituli and the crew.

Reactions: Vol4ever
Mizzou at home:
WVU: 382 yards, gave up 171 and won 38-7
USC: 421 yards, gave up 271 and won 34-14
Ole Miss: 562 yards, gave up 440 and won 38-27

Mizzou on road:
@Vandy: 292 yards, gave up 315 and lost 21-14
@kentucky: 289 yards, gave up 360 and lost 29-7

They've always been tougher at home. We'll see what happens when they play Florida at home, though, but I honestly don't like our chances. We made a *lot* of mistakes and should have been down by 21-24 points at halftime given how poorly we played. We were lucky Kentucky was one-dimensional. If they had a QB that could throw they would have won big.

That one-dimensional Kentucky had no problem beating mizzou

VN Store

Back