Looking to next year...

Work fast. Change speeds. Throw strikes.

That's what we need, and so does everyone else.
he gets behind in the count too much and has to rely on fastball that the last couple of outings do seem to go pretty damn far when hit. Ahead in the count is a key factor.

Our OF is looking pretty solid next year. Assuming Luc doesn't return, we need a 1B and I can't think of any way better to find a replacement than plucking arguably the best 1B in the NCAA and putting him in LNS.

Crews can also play infield. Put him at 3B to replace Rucker. He’s easily their best player and will probably be the best position player in the SEC next year. Dayton Dooney is coming in and will likely play 1B.

Reactions: txbo
Crews can also play infield. Put him at 3B to replace Rucker. He’s easily their best player and will probably be the best position player in the SEC next year. Dayton Dooney is coming in and will likely play 1B.

Oh, you don't have to convince me to get excited about Crews lol. I would jump bare ass into the Tennessee River if either of them transferred here. Would be a massive pick-up either way.

Anything to the LSU guys? Or just a wish list based off of a name recognition guy?

Some posters earlier in this thread were claiming they had inside information about Tre Morgan potentially thinking about jumping in the transfer portal and that he liked what he saw from Tennessee this season. Nothing concrete, just typical message board rumors that will likely go nowhere, but it's a fun thought.

Oh, you don't have to convince me to get excited about Crews lol. I would jump bare ass into the Tennessee River if either of them transferred here. Would be a massive pick-up either way.

This made me laugh! Pretty damn funny! I haven’t heard anything about Crews or Morgan entering the transfer portal. I’m not saying they won’t, but it is highly unlikely. I also don’t think we’re taking your coach either. Hell, I might jump bare ass into the Ohio River if we did! Although this seems to change by the hour, most seem to think we’re going to pick up Godwin at this point. Or maybe Johnson from Arizona.

Last edited:
This made me laugh! Pretty damn funny! I haven’t heard anything about Crews or Morgan entering the transfer portal. I’m not saying they won’t, but it is highly unlikely. I also don’t think we’re taking you’re coach either. Hell, I might jump bare ass into the Ohio River if we did! Although this seems to change by the hour, most seem to think we’re going to pick up Godwin at this point. Or maybe Johnson from Arizona.

Godwin would be a solid hire.

Godwin would be a solid hire.

Absolutely. If someone does take CTV (LSU or anyone else), then y’all should have Godwin on your short short list for sure (if he’s still available). But I’ll take him without question! I just think CTV has built something great in Knoxville, and would be great if he keeps this program rolling. But if you want to keep that fire burning, you need to throw some serious logs on it. Meaning, give that man and his staff some serious money and commit to some massive facility upgrades. Otherwise, he’ll leave. Maybe not for LSU this year, but for somewhere else who’s already made the commitment to facilities, or will do so shortly. I’d love to see another SEC program with a brand new (or upgraded)10K plus seating venue!

Last edited:
Some posters earlier in this thread were claiming they had inside information about Tre Morgan potentially thinking about jumping in the transfer portal and that he liked what he saw from Tennessee this season. Nothing concrete, just typical message board rumors that will likely go nowhere, but it's a fun thought.
Morgan and Crews told some current UT players they’d like to play at UT and like Knoxville. There’s nothing concrete and it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re transferring, but it’s notable.

Reactions: volfan__18
Morgan and Crews told some current UT players they’d like to play at UT and like Knoxville. There’s nothing concrete and it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re transferring, but it’s notable.

You better not be pulling my leg man. No chance we get both that would just be silly.

This was posted on SECRant by a reputable poster:

Poster on another board said Elander was talking to a group of boosters at the Marriott last night and said they are adding 4 SEC guys including one guy with “big time name recognition”. The pitcher from Mizzou and catcher from Kentucky seem like done deals. Don’t know who else is being talked about.

I wondered if TV would be able to parlay our success with the new transfer rule. He’s unbelievable at recruiting, and we will be able to just turn over rosters even when a bunch leave.

Reactions: MAD
Here’s a stab at a lineup/rotation. Those who know more than me can correct me. This is best case scenario with Burns, Spikes, and Moore coming to Knoxville (House isn’t coming regardless) and Leath coming back. I know Russell said he might think about it, so if he does, pencil him in too.

Lineup

Kyle Booker-LF
Ryan Spikes-SS
Logan Chambers-2B
Drew Gilbert-CF
Jordan Beck-RF
Logan Steenstra-1B
Christian Moore-3B
Jorel Ortega-DH
Connor Pavolony-C

Weekend Starters:

Blade Tidwell-RHP
Jackson Leath-RHP
Chase Burns-RHP

Midweek/Middle Relief:

Camden Sewell-RHP
Ben Joyce-RHP
Kirby Connell-LHP
Seth Halvorsen-RHP

Closer:
Mark McLaughlin-RHP
Isn’t Luc a JR?
GBO!!

Here’s a stab at a lineup/rotation. Those who know more than me can correct me. This is best case scenario with Burns, Spikes, and Moore coming to Knoxville (House isn’t coming regardless) and Leath coming back. I know Russell said he might think about it, so if he does, pencil him in too.

Lineup

Kyle Booker-LF
Ryan Spikes-SS
Logan Chambers-2B
Drew Gilbert-CF
Jordan Beck-RF
Logan Steenstra-1B
Christian Moore-3B
Jorel Ortega-DH
Connor Pavolony-C

Weekend Starters:

Blade Tidwell-RHP
Jackson Leath-RHP
Chase Burns-RHP

Midweek/Middle Relief:

Camden Sewell-RHP
Ben Joyce-RHP
Kirby Connell-LHP
Seth Halvorsen-RHP

Closer:
Mark McLaughlin-RHP

I could also see Halvorsen in the closer role. Kid with great stuff, but control issues…kinda sounds like a guy who could be coached into a closer.

Reactions: Ryno14
I could also see Halvorsen in the closer role. Kid with great stuff, but control issues…kinda sounds like a guy who could be coached into a closer.

Would be just as huge a piece in that role. Think we can all say we were lacking those power arms out of the pen this year

Reactions: NighthawkVol
For some reason I can’t remember who the Chambers kid is you all are talking about. Could someone fill me in on him? Thanks in advance

For some reason I can’t remember who the Chambers kid is you all are talking about. Could someone fill me in on him? Thanks in advance

Logan Chambers is the JUCO infielder coming in. Guessing he fills Ferguson’s vacancy at 2B.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuRu

VN Store

Back