Looking to next year...

Proud of this team but still gotta say.....
It’s always next year in Vol Land 😢
I don’t think that argument works for Tennessee and Omaha. This team exceeded all reasonable expectations based on their talent level. This is the equivalent of Clemson football getting to the college football playoff, knowing that a plethora of talent is coming next. Vitello is about to reel in top high school and JUCO players that previously would’ve left the state. Players like House won’t change their mind, but others in the Burns range will be more likely to come to college which gives you Vandy baseball type of talent. Next years team probably won’t have as much moxy and poise in big moments, but it will have more god-given talent.

It’s not quite as simple as that though. MLB teams don’t have set amounts they have to pay each pick, there are for lack of a better term suggested payouts for each slot but the teams can go above or below in order to sign guys.

So the problem with someone like Ferguson coming back is when he goes to the draft next year, the MLB team can way underpay on his offer because he has no option to go back to school anymore. If they were to low ball him this year for instance he could say “that’s not enough I’m going back” but you lose that if you come back for senior year

You make an excellent point, it's definitely something they have to wonder about and take into account. But in the case where they might improve their draft slot by millions of dollars over their senior year, then low balled for a half million less is still more money than just making a couple hundred grand. NOt saying that's the case for Max. He would have to rely on good advice from experts.

Reactions: WGWTFA98
I don’t think that argument works for Tennessee and Omaha. This team exceeded all reasonable expectations based on their talent level. This is the equivalent of Clemson football getting to the college football playoff, knowing that a plethora of talent is coming next. Vitello is about to reel in top high school and JUCO players that previously would’ve left the state. Players like House won’t change their mind, but others in the Burns range will be more likely to come to college which gives you Vandy baseball type of talent. Next years team probably won’t have as much moxy and poise in big moments, but it will have more god-given talent.
I know....it is just that sense of continuing anticipation followed by disappointment. Still proud of the team. At least I have little anticipation where the football team has been concerned these pst several years 😂

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I know....it is just that sense of continuing anticipation followed by disappointment. Still proud of the team. At least I have little anticipation where the football team has been concerned these pst several years 😂
I get that, but getting to Omaha is a major accomplishment. As long as Vitello is able to reload the bullpen, we will continue to get to Omaha in the way Miss State has. We were always missing guys that hit for average and elite pitching. They just continued to overachieve in spite of it. Last years team with Crochet, Dallas, Leath, Hunley, and Walsh was probably built more for Omaha.

Not sure anything comes from it, but Tre Morgan and Dylan Crews might seek new homes with Maineri retiring. LSU expecting to have a lot of kids transfer out. Rumors about Tre Morgan liking Knoxville circulating. Again, nothing may come of it, but Houston Kress backed it up on his show.
Wait a minute! I thought we were racist toward Morgan, during his trips to Knoxville this year? Isn’t that what LSU fans were claiming?🤦‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: Volunteer08
Mock Draft: Top prospects starring in CWS

Latest MLB mock draft, House going #8 but no burns/Moore/spikes in round 1. Hope we keep Burns and at least one of Moore and spikes.

Assuming Luc/Ferguson/Spence/Rucker/Pav are gone thatd leave you with

C: KY guy
1B: Dooney/steenstra
2B: Chambers
SS: Spikes
3B: Moore? Or possible bama transfer
RF: Beck
CF: gilbert
LF: Booker
DH: Steenstra/Dooney
Ok so I sat here trying to figure out who the hell Ky Guy is...🤦‍♂️
And the next time I check into a hotel or make dinner reservations, I’m definitely giving them Dooney Steenstra!😎
GBO!!

Reactions: WGWTFA98
Man I get your point but respectfully disagree about this team exceeding expectations. This is now a program, imo and not just a good team every few years. This program was about to shake things up last season until it was cancelled. I honestly believe that. I think anyone that has been paying attention over the last 4 years had a decent idea of how good this program was going to be this season.
GBO!!

Bud, if this season was a disappointment to you, I’m sorry.
I had a blast watching this team!
GBO!!

We’re really just waiting to see what a couple guys do. We’re a Leath or Burns away from being good and if we get both we’ll be loaded

Housely, Mabrey… we are gonna have dudes, some we’ve never seen…

They know what they got over there, I believe that!!!

Man I get your point but respectfully disagree about this team exceeding expectations. This is now a program, imo and not just a good team every few years. This program was about to shake things up last season until it was cancelled. I honestly believe that. I think anyone that has been paying attention over the last 4 years had a decent idea of how good this program was going to be this season.
GBO!!

Last years team was unbelievably good. Wish they had gotten to see their whole year through

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Housely, Mabrey… we are gonna have dudes, some we’ve never seen…

They know what they got over there, I believe that!!!

I’m not sure on those two. I think we would’ve seen them by now if they had the right stuff. Could be wrong and I hope I am. I’m really excited about Kruise Newman.

Not sure anything comes from it, but Tre Morgan and Dylan Crews might seek new homes with Maineri retiring. LSU expecting to have a lot of kids transfer out. Rumors about Tre Morgan liking Knoxville circulating. Again, nothing may come of it, but Houston Kress backed it up on his show.
Could you imagine the LSU fans if Morgan and or Crews left LSU for Tn ? Especially after those clowns spending the last week talking about they were going to get TV

VN Store

Back