Looking for Tennessee Football Memorabilia

I do need the 1950 and 1964 Tennessee versus Vanderbilt programs if you’re interested in selling them
I was just posting up some stuff I've got. Not really selling anything at this time. I went though a phase where I wanted to get every UT/Vandy program. I found out about a guy who'd already done it and lost interest. I got rid of the bulk of my collection but I hung onto some of the old cartoon-ish covers that make me laugh.

Reactions: thedocvol
I have a Condredge Holloway liquor bottle statue signed.
it would be hard to get rid of this. He was and is one of a kind and a true VFL. I use to watch him play when I was a kid…tear away Jersey he couldn’t be stopped. He gave his all to UT. He loves our school and still does to this day.

Reactions: thedocvol
I was just posting up some stuff I've got. Not really selling anything at this time. I went though a phase where I wanted to get every UT/Vandy program. I found out about a guy who'd already done it and lost interest. I got rid of the bulk of my collection but I hung onto some of the old cartoon-ish covers that make me laugh.
Understand. You can email me at oldtnstuff@gmail.com if you change your mind. I’d definitely like to add the 1940 one to my collection.

Saw a company selling these helmet sets today on Twitter, thought it was a cool item.

C8B4E6E3-0792-41CA-BEAF-67F0EEA3DF1B.jpeg

Mini helmet team set:
• TENNESSEE

• 1950-61 solid
• 1962 orange #
• 1963 black #
• 1964-66 skinny T
• 1965 memorial
• 1973 double stripe
• 1983-2021 traditional
• 2015-17 Smoky Mtn gray
• 2021 black
• TN Sign Concept

Saw a company selling these helmet sets today on Twitter, thought it was a cool item.

View attachment 499782

Mini helmet team set:
• TENNESSEE

• 1950-61 solid
• 1962 orange #
• 1963 black #
• 1964-66 skinny T
• 1965 memorial
• 1973 double stripe
• 1983-2021 traditional
• 2015-17 Smoky Mtn gray
• 2021 black
• TN Sign Concept
Pretty cool for sure! Do have any old Tennessee football memorabilia?

I have the top of one of the goal posts from the ‘98 Florida game. After carrying the goal post down the strip, we took it to the Last Lap (if memory serves me correctly) which had a large section of a previous goal post that had been taken down. After a celebration beer a couple of Farmhouse fraternity brothers said to bring it to the house as they had a saw to cut it. I had gotten to know one of the Farmhouse guys and asked him to make sure I got the top piece as I had carried it the entire way. And if I remember correctly, there was a cap on the top piece that they used a hammer or sledge to get off. After a couple hours of them cutting people slices of the goal post about 1-2” wide, I thought I would never get the piece I wanted, but low and behold after most people had left, the guy I had gotten to know brought me the end piece (about 8” if I remember correctly) with the eye hook still in tact. After almost having it stolen twice in college during parties I put it in a box at my parents house, where it has stayed ever since. I have always planned to get some sort of box frame for ut along with all of my tickets from that year and my NC Fiesta Bowl ticket. My parents just moved down here (San Antonio) from Knoxville this past spring and I confirmed with my dad the other day that my piece of goal post is still in one of the boxes of my stuff that they moved down. I have absolutely no plans of selling it, but in light of some of the stories told in this thread I thought I would share. Once I go through the boxes and find it, I will post a picture.

I live in Texas, and I have managed to collect the program for every home game since the 1998 championship season. I was able to get the bulk of them directly from the athletic department. It's getting so big that I might want to think if I want to continue. But I cherish each and every one, some more than others. I also have all the programs for the bowl games Tennessee played in during that time period.

Reactions: feathersax
I have the top of one of the goal posts from the ‘98 Florida game. After carrying the goal post down the strip, we took it to the Last Lap (if memory serves me correctly) which had a large section of a previous goal post that had been taken down. After a celebration beer a couple of Farmhouse fraternity brothers said to bring it to the house as they had a saw to cut it. I had gotten to know one of the Farmhouse guys and asked him to make sure I got the top piece as I had carried it the entire way. And if I remember correctly, there was a cap on the top piece that they used a hammer or sledge to get off. After a couple hours of them cutting people slices of the goal post about 1-2” wide, I thought I would never get the piece I wanted, but low and behold after most people had left, the guy I had gotten to know brought me the end piece (about 8” if I remember correctly) with the eye hook still in tact. After almost having it stolen twice in college during parties I put it in a box at my parents house, where it has stayed ever since. I have always planned to get some sort of box frame for ut along with all of my tickets from that year and my NC Fiesta Bowl ticket. My parents just moved down here (San Antonio) from Knoxville this past spring and I confirmed with my dad the other day that my piece of goal post is still in one of the boxes of my stuff that they moved down. I have absolutely no plans of selling it, but in light of some of the stories told in this thread I thought I would share. Once I go through the boxes and find it, I will post a picture.

I'm guessing we are the only 2 who have those type pieces. You guys probably got the idea from us from a decade earlier. Funny the lap still had the other piece there back then. I'm guessing the University let them keep the rest of it once they gave them the end cap.

My buddy got another 10 inch piece or so (that I gave him - had to tell them when I cut those first 2 pieces "this is for a UT QB" lol) and I think he said he put a handle on it and made a mug out of it with the score of the day. I guess he sealed one end some how.

Anyway, very cool to hear someone else followed in our footsteps and that it sounds like the best piece of 98 escaped from the stadium and was preserved for history. :D

Last edited:
I have pieces of the goalposts from 1982 Alabama, 1985 Auburn and Vanderbilt (as well as 41 and 43 Sugar Bowls) but I don’t have 1998 Florida. If either of you decide to sell a piece of that I’d be interested.

Best piece of memorabilia I have is Peyton Manning's towel from the 1997 Kentucky game in which he threw for 523 yards (#1 in UT vs SEC history, #2 overall). It has not been washed or altered in any way. I caught it when he threw it into the stands afterward, as seen in The Drive To The Dome video.20181203_003529.jpg

Reactions: utnvols1
UT confiscated one of them back. One ended up in the river and it’s apparently been retrieved already! I suspect UT will sell pieces to ‘pay the bill.’

VN Store

Back