Looking for Tennessee Football Memorabilia

Well, here are some pics I got my dad to shoot so VN knows what it looks like.

End cap is on ball bearings and attaches to the main pipe. I think we were the only goalpost that made it out of the stadium that day. I am sure the other end from the pair on this goal post was recovered. IIRC, we heard the other guys did try to chop it up but I think the university got back most of the whole bar. My QB buddy, John Armstrong has the piece directly next to this one and the rest were crimped off by jaws. I really dont know if anything else like this exists "in the wild". Very surprised they let us out of the stadium. The other goal post didnt get out IIRC. I would guess some of the other 80s made it out but we were lucky to have been able to cut it up. Not sure if we hadn't thought of the fire dept, what we would have done with it. Well, anyway, "cool story bro" :)

View attachment 425830View attachment 425831View attachment 425829
I’d be interested in that.

I have a 1998 NC players ring I'd be willing to sell.

I have football and basketballs jerseys as well.

A game used (from the 50th bowl game) helmet and a smokey grey helmet (authentic but not game used).
What price you looking for on that ring? Got some pictures for the board?

I’d be interested in that.

As mentioned, Im not really interested in selling it. I put it here more because I think I had mentioned it here on this board in the past. Mind you, I was unwilling to part with it for $500 as a starving student some 33 years ago and that certainly no longer describes my situation. So it would have to be a near silly amount for me to actually think of parting with it.

Still, I am not really a collector and only recently considered how rare this must be. Perhaps it would be well in a collection.

And money does have a way of talking to make itself heard even when we aren't listening.

I'll reach out to the email you left before to provide a contact point if you really want to make an offer.

Hi all. Relatively new to the board. Long-time Vol fan from Knoxville and now in Nashville. I’m a UT football memorabilia collector. I’m always looking for unique things and there have been some amazing things on here. Anyone have anything they are looking to sell? I’m looking for game balls, game-used jerseys and other unique things. Still looking for a piece of ‘98 Florida goalpost!
an older thread has a 98 piece if goal post mentioned -- Ill look for the link and post it edit I see you liked the post but there is another one where the poster has a long list of memorablia still looking for that one

Last edited:
Hi all. Relatively new to the board. Long-time Vol fan from Knoxville and now in Nashville. I’m a UT football memorabilia collector. I’m always looking for unique things and there have been some amazing things on here. Anyone have anything they are looking to sell? I’m looking for game balls, game-used jerseys and other unique things. Still looking for a piece of ‘98 Florida goalpost!
UT Memorabilia poster named volinsider has a piece of the 98 goalpost

I possibly might part with a game ticket for the 1998 championship game in Phoenix...signed by both Coach Fulmer and Coach Gene Stallings. Live close to Nashville too.

Why on earth would you have Gene stallings signature on that ticket stub?

I have got VOLS Beer, Cokes, piece of checkerboard end zone, several feet of closet space in orange, coats, jackets, shakers, photos, 30 years of magazines and fan packs, a huge light over my pool table, helmet, and assorted bowl game and other memorabilia but, not interested in selling it. I love my signed/autographed baseball caps and framed prints. Especially the ones Peyton signed for my son. I will say I have found a lot of good memorabilia at area yard sales.

Reactions: thedocvol
Got
Really appreciate the offer but I have that one. I have tickets that go back into the 1930s. I am looking for several Tennessee vs Vandy tickets for games played in Nashville (201, 2012, 2014, and 2016) if you have any?
Got a 2008 ticket

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_102301977.jpg
    IMG_20220116_102301977.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16

VN Store

Back