Look at 2022 Roster

not hard at all. using Banks as an example, he will be a redshirt senior in 2022. It is his 5th year playing college football. Due to COVID year, he could play another year in 2023 if he desires to do so.

Total Scholarships (84)
******* 22-class Eligibility
2022 Seniors (26) Yr Active Left
Banks, Jeremy R/SR (5th) 2 Years
Beasley, Aaron SR (4th) 3 Years
Brooks, Paxton SR (5th) 2 Years
Bumphus, Latrell R/SR (6th) 1 Year
Burrell, Warren SR (4th) 3 Years
Carvin, Jerome SR (5th) 2 Years
Crawford, Jeremiah SR (4th) 3 Years
Fant, Princeton R/SR (6th) 1 Year
Flowers, Trevon SR (5th) 2 Years
Garland, Kurott R/SR (5th) 2 Years
Harris, Kingston R/SR (5th) 2 Years
Harrison, Roman SR (4th) 3 Years
Hooker, Henden R/SR (6th) 1 Year
Keyton, Ramel SR (4th) 3 Years
Labruzza, Cheyenne R/SR (6th) 1 Year
Lane, Ollie R/SR (5th) 2 Years
McCullough, Jaylen SR (4th) 3 Years
McGrath, Chase R/SR (6th) 1 Year
Milton, Joe R/SR (5th) 2 Years
Mitchell, Juwan R/SR (5th) 2 Years
Page, Solon R/SR (6th) 1 Year
Solomon, Aubrey R/SR (6th) 1 Year
Tillman, Cedric R/SR (5th) 2 Years
Warren, Jacob R/SR (5th) 2 Years
Wright, Darnell SR (4th) 3 Years
Young, Byron SR (4th) 3 Years
2022 Juniors (20)
Akporoghene, Chris R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Baron, Tyler JR (3rd) 4 Years
Davis, Dayne R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Fields, Tyus R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Garland, Kwauze R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Hadden, Kamal R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Holiday, Jimmy JR (3rd) 4 Years
Hyatt, Jalin JR (3rd) 3 Years
Lampley, Jackson R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Mays, Cooper JR (3rd) 4 Years
McDonald, Tamarion JR (3rd) 4 Years
Neyor, Isaiah R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Simmons, Elijah R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Slaughter, Doneiko JR (3rd) 4 Years
Small, Jabari JR (3rd) 4 Years
Spraggins, Javontez JR (3rd) 4 Years
Terry, Da'Jon R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Thomas, Omari JR (3rd) 4 Years
Turnage, Brandon R/JR (4th) 3 Years
Williams, Desmond R/JR (4th) 3 Years
2022 Sophomores (13)
Bailey, Dominic R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Calloway, Jimmy R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Charles, Christian SO (2nd) 4 Years
Eason, Bryson R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Merrill, Walker SO (2nd) 4 Years
Mincey, Gerald R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Mohan, William R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Perry, Reginald R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Robinson, James R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Rucker, De'Shawn SO (2nd) 4 Years
Whitehead, Len'Neth R/SO (3rd) 4 Years
Willis, Aaron SO (2nd) 4 Years
Wright, Jaylen SO (2nd) 4 Years
2022 Freshman (25)
Bell, Trinity R/FR (2nd) 4 Years
Campbell, Miles R/FR (2nd) 4 Years
Carver, JT R/FR (2nd) 4 Years
Clipper, Maurice FR 5 Years
Grant, Brian FR 5 Years
Harrison, Christian FR 5 Years
Herring, Elijah FR 5 Years
Jackson, Tayven FR 5 Years
Josephs, Joshua FR 5 Years
Mcneill, Amari R/FR (2nd) 4 Years
Miller, Cameron FR 5 Years
Nichols, Addison FR 5 Years
Nimrod, Charles FR 5 Years
Nixon, Julian R/FR (2nd) 4 Years
Parker, William R/FR (2nd) 4 Years
Pearce, James FR 5 Years
Perry, Kalib FR 5 Years
Phillips, Jordan FR 5 Years
Reddick, Masai FR 5 Years
Sampson, Dylan FR 5 Years
Thoams, Jourdan FR 5 Years
Webb, Kaleb FR 5 Years
West, Tyre FR 5 Years
White, Marquarius FR 5 Years
Williams, Justin FR 5 Years

COVID Rules
Due to COVID, the NCAA granted players playing 2020
An extra year to play. That means counting a redshirt year
players get 6 years to play 5. If a player never redshirts
his eligibility is over after 5 seasons of activity.
Hopefully, I've calculated everyone appropriately
22-class indicates what year of eligibility they are in for 2022
Yr Active indicates for 2022 what year they are in of activity
Eligibility left is how many more years they could play or redshirt keep in mind, they could leave anytime
That's interesting. So technically only 6 guys run out of eligibility after next fall?

That's interesting. So technically only 6 guys run out of eligibility after next fall?

technically as a result of the COVID year, yes. But I would expect the vast majority of the 26 senior class to move on.

let me make one thing clear, as I made a mistake. Those seniors that have not redshirted yet, if they play a 5th year in 2022 without having redshirted, then technically they are out of eligibility. If they were to redshirt in 2022, then they would have another year. Paxton Brooks for example. its says he has two years left but that is only if he redshirts this year.

Last edited:
technically as a result of the COVID year, yes. But I would expect the vast majority of the 26 senior class to move on.
I agree. The redshirt year is most significant, because usually that's because the kid missed a year, and they want to make that up.

BUT, I will point out we had one shining example of an individual utilizing his COVID year to the best he could...

I updated and removed PWO JT Carver. I had understood he was on scholarship but have been convinced he is not. puts over all roster at 82 and the new semester roster at 75 for the January 24th school date.

I've learned that Tennessee is not expected to bring in anymore transfers until after the spring UNLESS they have additional players go into the portal between now and the 24th. They don't have room.

That is really confusing to me because they COULD go up to 85. I was told they want be under the 85 for spring to self impose scholarship reductions but no one seemed to know the number. but surely its not 75.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I updated and removed PWO JT Carver. I had understood he was on scholarship but have been convinced he is not. puts over all roster at 82 and the new semester roster at 75 for the January 24th school date.

I've learned that Tennessee is not expected to bring in anymore transfers until after the spring UNLESS they have additional players go into the portal between now and the 24th. They don't have room.

That is really confusing to me because they COULD go up to 85. I was told they want be under the 85 for spring to self impose scholarship reductions but no one seemed to know the number. but surely its not 75.

Thanks, shooting at these moving targets has got to be tough. Guessing that after spring practice we will get some more exits, a few surprises that will be a bit puzzling. Think there will be some great pickup OPPORTUNITIES with similar surprises from our more loaded neighbors. One Time has created a beast for both ends of the success spectrum

Is it possible that TN self imposed 10 scholarship reductions for the 2021 season? I had previously thought they did not self impose any penalties for 2021 because the investigation was not completed. But the Yahoo article about the possible NCAA penalties mentioned that UT self imposed NO recruits for the 2021 Bowling Green game. So it is possible they self imposed some scholarship reductions for 2021 as well.

If they did self impose 10 scholarship reductions for 2021... then I believe they would have to remain at or under 75 scholarships for the spring of 2022 as well. Then they could go back to a full 85 for the Fall 2022 semester. This would be pretty smart by the coaching staff if this is what they have done.

Edit: Since you removed Carver .. our numbers match exactly .. so they must be correct :~)

Last edited:
Is it possible that TN self imposed 10 scholarship reductions for the 2021 season? I had previously thought they did not self impose any penalties for 2021 because the investigation was not completed. But the Yahoo article about the possible NCAA penalties mentioned that UT self imposed NO recruits for the 2021 Bowling Green game. So it is possible they self imposed some scholarship reductions for 2021 as well.

If they did self impose 10 scholarship reductions for 2021... then I believe they would have to remain at or under 75 scholarships for the spring of 2022 as well. Then they could go back to a full 85 for the Fall 2022 semester. This would be pretty smart by the coaching staff if this is what they have done.

Edit: Since you removed Carver .. our numbers match exactly .. so they must be correct :~)

I understand Tennessee has asked the NCAA to give them a 14 scholarship reduction for 2021 because they had 14 open scholarships they could have used. Remember Super Seniors didn't count. They do not have a response from the NCAA on this.

My understanding is that roster reductions beginning with January would be for 2022. The term used was, take them all right now or scattered them over a few years and appears they are taking them all right now. The 10 is speculative but if you factor in the roster is at 75 for spring and they are saying they can take no more portal players right now until some players leave from that 75, it is easy to assume the reduction is 10.

It has been stated, they expect additional attrition after the spring semester and hope at that time to bring in 5 or 6 portal players. They could very well know right now of players planning to transfer but those players need the spring semester to have the proper credits to transfer.

I may have already stated this but will again. I don't know, and don't believe anyone posting on message boards, what the violations by Pruitt and staff were. Only Tennessee knows. The imposing they are doing I might feel was excessive or not enough if I knew the violations. Until we hear what those violations are, we are in the dark on why such hard penalties.

It was stated today or yesterday, reductions will be more than 5. I'm assuming its 10 for reasons stated above.

I understand Tennessee has asked the NCAA to give them a 14 scholarship reduction for 2021 because they had 14 open scholarships they could have used. Remember Super Seniors didn't count. They do not have a response from the NCAA on this.

My understanding is that roster reductions beginning with January would be for 2022. The term used was, take them all right now or scattered them over a few years and appears they are taking them all right now. The 10 is speculative but if you factor in the roster is at 75 for spring and they are saying they can take no more portal players right now until some players leave from that 75, it is easy to assume the reduction is 10.

It has been stated, they expect additional attrition after the spring semester and hope at that time to bring in 5 or 6 portal players. They could very well know right now of players planning to transfer but those players need the spring semester to have the proper credits to transfer.

I may have already stated this but will again. I don't know, and don't believe anyone posting on message boards, what the violations by Pruitt and staff were. Only Tennessee knows. The imposing they are doing I might feel was excessive or not enough if I knew the violations. Until we hear what those violations are, we are in the dark on why such hard penalties.

It was stated today or yesterday, reductions will be more than 5. I'm assuming its 10 for reasons stated above.
Thank you, LWS, this is very valuable information, IMO.

Reactions: Deebowbear

Question, from your knowledge of overall rules if we achieve a total counter goal of less than 85 due to additional roster losses through the portal or otherwise, if it allows us to add more players through normal or portal channels and maintain the desired lower level, if we do so with the portal instead of HS or Juco through initial counters, can we carry remainder of our 25 initials forward to next year? Sorry for the run on sentence.

For example if our counter target is 78 and we lose down to 73 can we fill 5 through the portal IF we get qualifying transfers for replacement and still keep our more flexible counters for additional players next year? I Do not know if you can use portal replacements before you exhaust your initial counters since it was in part a protection from extensive portal losses.

Reactions: krichunaka
Question, from your knowledge of overall rules if we achieve a total counter goal of less than 85 due to additional roster losses through the portal or otherwise, if it allows us to add more players through normal or portal channels and maintain the desired lower level, if we do so with the portal instead of HS or Juco through initial counters, can we carry remainder of our 25 initials forward to next year? Sorry for the run on sentence.

For example if our counter target is 78 and we lose down to 73 can we fill 5 through the portal IF we get qualifying transfers for replacement and still keep our more flexible counters for additional players next year? I Do not know if you can use portal replacements before you exhaust your initial counters since it was in part a protection from extensive portal losses.

the way the one year transfer rule was implemented, you have to satisfy the 25 initial counters first before taking advantage of the 7 transfers so there would not be room next year to back count any initial counters.

the way the one year transfer rule was implemented, you have to satisfy the 25 initial counters first before taking advantage of the 7 transfers so there would not be room next year to back count any initial counters.

Thanks. that was logical but had not seen it layed out there for all to see. Still can plan around that in a current period even if it does not benefit the following one. Do you have to declare which they are when they enroll or can you manipulate them by some date certain? Trying to limit our total counters will severely limit our use of transfers above initials limits no matter how many or our current outgoing guys we have eventually enroll at other D1 schools and provide that opportunity. I hate it when a plan DOESN'T come together. (A Team age check)

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Thanks. that was logical but had not seen it layed out there for all to see. Still can plan around that in a current period even if it does not benefit the following one. Do you have to declare which they are when they enroll or can you manipulate them by some date certain? Trying to limit our total counters will severely limit our use of transfers above initials limits no matter how many or our current outgoing guys we have eventually enroll at other D1 schools and provide that opportunity. I hate it when a plan DOESN'T come together. (A Team age check)

the first 25 are ICs. Like we are sitting on 21 ICs right now, 20 signees plus Mincey. then you still have 7 more transfers you can take to replace up to 7 transfers lost. the transfers that are ICs would not be a factor for transfers lost. you have to use up the first 25 with a combination of signees and transfers. that is what I understand. I did not until someone pointed that out a few weeks ago

the first 25 are ICs. Like we are sitting on 21 ICs right now, 20 signees plus Mincey. then you still have 7 more transfers you can take to replace up to 7 transfers lost. the transfers that are ICs would not be a factor for transfers lost. you have to use up the first 25 with a combination of signees and transfers. that is what I understand. I did not until someone pointed that out a few weeks ago

Several weeks back I tried to find a comprehensive info source on the whole portal thing and could not. It is like they used the grad transfer deal as a base and modified it to fit the One Time deal once they had no choice. Still have not found a definitive NCAA publication that defines it as a single finished product with details like you shared.

Several weeks back I tried to find a comprehensive info source on the whole portal thing and could not. It is like they used the grad transfer deal as a base and modified it to fit the One Time deal once they had no choice. Still have not found a definitive NCAA publication that defines it as a single finished product with details like you shared.

its not consolidated anywhere I've found. bits and pieces here and there. others have found things and linked them. I've tried to save any info I've seen but sure I've missed some.

Now with todays approval of new NCAA constitution, things will remain murky for next few years.

its not consolidated anywhere I've found. bits and pieces here and there. others have found things and linked them. I've tried to save any info I've seen but sure I've missed some.

Now with todays approval of new NCAA constitution, things will remain murky for next few years.

Not glad there is not a single source, but sort of glad It was not out there and I just did not pick up on it. When I searched on PORTAL I had to use dates to separate the early stuff from One Time and a lot of returns did not have one handy. I do find it a bit odd it has not been done with a little blue circle in the corner.

Not glad there is not a single source, but sort of glad It was not out there and I just did not pick up on it. When I searched on PORTAL I had to use dates to separate the early stuff from One Time and a lot of returns did not have one handy. I do find it a bit odd it has not been done with a little blue circle in the corner.

can't find concrete documentation because some of it is one time waiver type stuff. The 7 transfers for 7 transfers is just a one time waiver, not permanent. So they jsut issued a statement and didn't update any of the rules. Plus, with NCAA going into oblivion, the document updaters are probably not too worried about it.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I have a feeling 2022 will be a regression for the Vols, let’s face it, they don’t have the players to compete……..

Yea, that’s kind of an expected result in train wreck coaching changes. The guy coming in doesn’t have much of a shot at salvaging the class he must try to close during his first few days/weeks and then for his first real class almost all the top recruits have already got their final four or five teams selected before they even start their senior seasons So he’s outside looking in. Let’s hope we get some portal magic before September.

VN Store

Back