Look at 2022 Roster

I seen where he had a year left and was coming back. Maybe he never used his redshirt year. GBO!
No, he hasn't used his redshirt year. I just remembered him starting and making a few plays in some games and just assumed he had been playing all year. He has only played in 4, so he can come back. That would be huge!

you can take transfers as part of your signing class of 25 that are not part of 7. They would be initial counters. So if you sign 20, you can add 5 transfers to reach 25. Then you can up to 7 more transfers IF you have 7 players transfer away from your program in 2021-22. BUT, you have to be sure to stay at 85 or less on the roster.

Once again, do they have to successfully transfer to a D1 program and be academically eligible there to create one of those 7 allowable transfer openings? I see lots of folks assuming everybody gets 7 if they ENTER the portal. I don't believe that is true.

Once again, do they have to successfully transfer to a D1 program and be academically eligible there to create one of those 7 allowable transfer openings? I see lots of folks assuming everybody gets 7 if they ENTER the portal. I don't believe that is true.

that is not true. to be able to use a transfer out as one of the 7 they must:

Complete the semester in good academic standing.

Be accepted at another institution academically.

that would be my understanding.

Reactions: MaTaLa and Devo182

Agree, I don't know of any of our portal guys that have met these requirements. As of today Mincey would have to be a counter if I am correct. I am sure that will change after the first of the year when actual transfer activity picks up. Lot's of folks have not dug into the fine print.

Agree, I don't know of any of our portal guys that have met these requirements. As of today Mincey would have to be a counter if I am correct. I am sure that will change after the first of the year when actual transfer activity picks up. Lot's of folks have not dug into the fine print.

agree..

I'm not aware that any of our guys have met requirements either..

I’ve read that only seven transfers are allowed but heard there may be a loophole to have eleven. Anyone know? Curious to see how this staff is going to maximize the numbers for this class considering all the remaining spots
Whether yoi fill with transfers or HS/JUCO signees are irrelevant. The NCAA rules tell you how many spots you have - not how to fill them. Ultimatelt they're all initial counters and signees (barring the rare blueshirt).

To put it simply - you get 25 spots by default (+ any possible backcounts...rare blueshirt opportunities - those are wonky). NOW this year you can get UP TO 7 additional spots if you have outgoing transfers after the end of the Fall Semester. Again, those additional spots can be for hs recruits...jucos...transfers...does not matter which.

Mincey is a counter (and initial counter) regardless. All new scholarship players are.

This sounds right to what I've seen from mods. They must have actually transferred. The portal, after all, is a mere intention to transfer...they can still return. Which ofc you already know.

agree..

I'm not aware that any of our guys have met requirements either..
Not Morven Joseph?

I could see Evans not being eligible for that...but I also wonder...if he wasn't academically eligible at the end of the Fall Semester, how is he going to be able to get an immediate transfer to Louisville? Believe that's a requirement. Still don't get that situation...

Mincey is a counter (and initial counter) regardless. All new scholarship players are.

Counter for sure, Initial Counter I am not sure. He is not a HS or Juco, correct? A transfer through the portal from Florida, correct? If we had a qualifying outgoing transfer, why would he not be one of our new up to 7 allowable transfer recoveries over and above our normal 25? It is my UNDERSTANDING that the super seniors this current year and this current year only are the only exceptions to the 85 limit.

Would love to start with him and Verse, maybe more, if our attrition allows us to do so and stay under the 85. That would require a lot of attrition from our current potential returners. I do expect some guys to call it a career, some to go on medicals, and some to jump into the portal. The great unknown till semester end for some and completion of spring practice for others. Some guys we have had on schollie for 4 years may be allowed to remain, but as walkons if they like. I also don't know if any of them could have legally gained residency status and be eligible for the Hope money while they start grad school. Could they be assisted by VFL rewarding NIL deals? Can you get NIL money if not on scholarship and remain eligible? Would they be allowed to get that money to open up counters if not on the squad and not be cheating? I have googled my heart out and can't find answer to lots of this type question. We need a Recruiting and Transfer with NIL 101 course.

Not sure if a school can use these new transfers until their current counters are consumed or not. If they can I would also be interested in knowing if you can apply transfer tags to those eligible real time and save your counters for other conventional recruits. I don't even know if you can carry over counters to the next cycle anymore. That used to be kicked around a lot this time of year.

Can anybody glue the old day's to the new day's rules? Love a comprehensive rulebook or trustworthy articles to have more facts than questions. I really like things in black and white. The whole portal thing has morphed into the ONE TIME deal for all from the grad transfer exception and is very confusing since it was forced on the NCAA rules makers. The variability of state NIL laws is a real problem, I think. Ultimately, I believe the NCAA will be allowed to provide structure to meet some fairness doctrines that used to drive the rules makers, but not sure they can educate the rank and file enough right now to propose and vote. The combination of NIL and One Time introductions has caused lots of confusion.

Sorry for the War and Peace length post. Thanks in advance for those that can point me to specific rules and articles. I would also love to hear info gained by other trusted methods. I don't listen to a lot of radio and don't do blogs and normal social media stuff. Please reply to this post even if you edit out a bunch of it so I get the alert.

I could see Evans not being eligible for that...but I also wonder...if he wasn't academically eligible at the end of the Fall Semester, how is he going to be able to get an immediate transfer to Louisville? Believe that's a requirement. Still don't get that situation...
My assumption is that if he stayed at UT he would have failed his classes and become ineligible.
Instead I think he completely resigned from any connection to the university before any grades were posted. That prevented him from becoming ineligible at other schools.
Lots more was posted on this topic and I haven't kept up with all of it.
1637946387543-png.415042

Not Morven Joseph?

I assume its possible he could have the proper credits to still get in school at Louisville even if he didn't complete anything at UT this fall. and maybe that is ok for taking a transfer. Right now I think Joseph and Evans are "commitments" to those programs and not actually enrolled yet. Just guessing as I'm not sure what their academic calendars are like.

Louisville will get a couple of good games from Evans if he is eligible. He is likely to create a highlight film then take the remainder of the semester off and hire an agent. Might work out for him - might not. This will be the pattern of some players with easy transfer rules and free agency entering the NCAA level. Programs should demand 10 more scholarships up to the old 30 - 95 level. Sign 30 a year with 95 overall. If NCAA does not alter squad limits - disband the NCAA as a governing body for D-1 football. Let it still be over the non revenue sports and give the bureaucrats something to do.

Louisville will get a couple of good games from Evans if he is eligible. He is likely to create a highlight film then take the remainder of the semester off and hire an agent. Might work out for him - might not. This will be the pattern of some players with easy transfer rules and free agency entering the NCAA level. Programs should demand 10 more scholarships up to the old 30 - 95 level. Sign 30 a year with 95 overall. If NCAA does not alter squad limits - disband the NCAA as a governing body for D-1 football. Let it still be over the non revenue sports and give the bureaucrats something to do.

presidents of the universities are the NCAA. They are not going to allow the additional expense of 10 more scholarships for football programs. Doesn't matter what happens with the NCAA as an organization, the Presidents rule the finances.

It looks like the NCAA has made eligibility so confusing that guys can play as many years as they want...fits hand and hand with NIL...we're unofficially a semi pro league.

They're going to have to increase the scholarship number, i don't think there will be any way around it.

Wow that sophomore group has done about zip so far. Someone from that list and the 7 RS Freshmen need to make a contribution.

VN Store

Back