LOL! UGa fans think they didn't make playoffs because...

I know we're "supposed " to hate Florida and bama more. That said, Georgia fans are the most entitled fanbase I've ever seen, to not have won crap in 4 decades.

See if there was a 6 team playoff where top 2 got a bye, we would have Georgia vs Notre Dame and Ohio state vs Oklahoma
If not 8 team playoff a 1st round bye for the top 2 would work for awhile...then ppl would piss and moan about that and it would be moved up to 8 at minimum. Likely not going any higher...

In that last minute it blew my mind that Smart didn't put fields in. Bama was playing way back off the line and only sending 3. Fields could have ran for big gains on several plays.

You don’t think bama might change their defense if Fields went in?

You don’t think bama might change their defense if Fields went in?
Of course they would have. Fields also has an arm. You have to ways to beat them in that situation. Run the ball for chunks or two pass it down field. If you get them playing honest then you can go downfield Not having the balls to do things like this separates Saban from other coaches. You don't think that would work?

Of course they would have. Fields also has an arm. You have to ways to beat them in that situation. Run the ball for chunks or two pass it down field. If you get them playing honest then you can go downfield Not having the balls to do things like this separates Saban from other coaches. You don't think that would work?

I think putting Fields in the game at that point is a big gamble. Fields proved in the fake punt play the moment was too big for him. If Fromm is that good, you ride with him.

Committee got it right two losses does not get you in even if you may be the better team than someone with less losses.
Have to agree....but it is a shame when the #4 has to play #1 and #5 and #6 play numbers #12 and #20...or whatever they were. Neither one of those two teams would have come close to almost beating Bama, let alone beating them. Get rid of conference championships; just stay at home and rest like Notre Dame does.

Committee got it right two losses does not get you in even if you may be the better team than someone with less losses.

Beter avoid those conference championships if that's the case! pull a bama '17 if you're lucky or just be ND.

System is clearly BS...

No, it is the 4 best teams or Alabama would not have gotten in last year. Georgia should be in. Georgia is the only team that can beat bama. This is a slam dunk for the gumps.

I can't stand the Dawgs, but if the top priority is "top 4 teams", then UGA should be in. Or, they should adjust the protocol to also say that being conference champion of P5 out weighs they eye test. SEC should petition to either have ND be in a play off or just take the regular season to 9 sec games and don't have a championship. ND doesn't play and stays. UGA plays and is out. I'm quite sure SEC brass will have some contentious meetings with NCAA in off season.
Of course they should. Picking teams based off of some subjective eye test is an absolute joke.

Dawgs didn't take care of bidness. No one to blame but themselves.

Not that they will, of course.

They didnt make the playoffs because they're a 2 loss team. Jesus it's not Rocket science.

Still a better resume though than all the remaining one loss teams. OK and OSU both not even in top 40 for strength of schedule. GA lost only to Bama and LSU. I'm sure Saban is quite pleased though, as he was quoted saying he sure as H*** didn't want to play GA again. OK will be a piece of cake for Bama. Bama will destroy them. He only needs to rev it one more time for Clemson, who won't be a cake walk. I don't think Notre Dame will win that one. Should be good game, but Clemson prob too strong.

I rarely let the thoughts of any bama fan bounce around in my brain for long. It's n unhealthy endeavor, I'd say.

But perusing their forums, and taking in the slack jawed, cerebral scat, i found a worthy, and salient statement...

"At this point I can't help but wonder how many hearts are left in Georgia for us to rip out."

Lmao. 2012, 2017, 2018.

Help me out VN. I grew up in West Tennessee, so I know how obnoxious Bama, UK, Vandy, and Ole Miss fans can be. After Florida hired Spurrier, Gator fans truly became insufferable. But I've never been around any Georgia fans. Compared with other SEC fans bases, just how bad is the Dawgs fan base?

Help me out VN. I grew up in West Tennessee, so I know how obnoxious Bama, UK, Vandy, and Ole Miss fans can be. After Florida hired Spurrier, Gator fans truly became insufferable. But I've never been around any Georgia fans. Compared with other SEC fans bases, just how bad is the Dawgs fan base?
They are not bad. I hate the stadium but that's another subject. The fans are delusional. They have it in their heads that they are great. They aren't. But they are not rude nor obnoxious.

Of course they should. Picking teams based off of some subjective eye test is an absolute joke.
problem with the conference thing is you are already weighting those championship games with the 5 power conferences. you are already saying 1 conference champ isn't good enough.

not that bad. people get on to them for having an attitude and not winning recently. two problems with that, we are the same way, and secondly there are other fanbases that literally haven't won at all that have the same attitude. so Georgia rates fairly low on how much I hate their fans.

It all comes down to personal experiences. People that have been around bammers will say bama is the worst fan base. If around UF fans you will say they are the world's biggest jerks. UF is new money (dumb kid mentality), but at least bammers (and UK bb) have won enough to back it up (aristocratic). ga just wants to be as big as bama (wannabes), but can't quite get there. Every fan base has idiots and morons, as do we. We're just arguing over the percentage level.

I too am from WT, and as for me and my house, we would rather lose to UF 5 times than ga once. Needless to say, I was rooting for an asteroid on Sat night, but I got the next best thing. ga whining. Again. Waaaaaa.

I have Old Testament hate for the school, the state and people like that idiot Darrell on Finebaum's show, who probably has never seen the inside of a college classroom (if he has, then my point is made). When I'm driving to the gulf, I go through bama so I don't have to buy gas or food in ga.

Other than that, they are good folk.

That's just my opinion...

Reactions: andydukey

VN Store

Back