LOL! UGa fans think they didn't make playoffs because...

I opened that thread, titled "Dear Kirby," because I thought it would be another thread blasting Smart's bone-headed (pun intended) fake punt play.

Well they shouldn't be held responsible for anything they say today. There's a collective schizophrenia infesting Athens after this last ridiculous failure.

It's a "father forgive them, cuz they know not what they do" kinda moment.

There argument was despite the 2 loses they were still a top 4 team and I agree. At least they can have that argument we can’t even get an offensive coordinator and win 6 games no worries from us on ever having these complaints no time soon.

Oklahoma won their conference championship and avenged their only loss of the season. Hope to see an Ohio state Georgia matchup

There argument was despite the 2 loses they were still a top 4 team and I agree. At least they can have that argument we can’t even get an offensive coordinator and win 6 games no worries from us on ever having these complaints no time soon.

"There" argument is FOS because they are no longer a top 4 team.
I'll poke fun at them any day I can, and worry about our troubles on another day.

Reactions: igotworms
In that last minute it blew my mind that Smart didn't put fields in. Bama was playing way back off the line and only sending 3. Fields could have ran for big gains on several plays.

A conservative second half cost them the playoffs. Thats what happens when you try and play the clock and not your opponent.
I think Bama adjustments also had something to do with it...and, UGA probably hadn't game planned for Hurts. (edit)...and 4th and 11 fake punt call of the century.

Last edited:
Reactions: tennesseepride84
See if there was a 6 team playoff where top 2 got a bye, we would have Georgia vs Notre Dame and Ohio state vs Oklahoma
I can't stand the Dawgs, but if the top priority is "top 4 teams", then UGA should be in. Or, they should adjust the protocol to also say that being conference champion of P5 out weighs they eye test. SEC should petition to either have ND be in a play off or just take the regular season to 9 sec games and don't have a championship. ND doesn't play and stays. UGA plays and is out. I'm quite sure SEC brass will have some contentious meetings with NCAA in off season.

VN Store

Back