Lofton scores 61

No matter which way you slice it, 61 points and 17-22 from the arc is insane. Many props for the performance, and much love from my corner of the Vol Nation for his courage and determination while wearing the Orange and White. It is very nice to see him succeed, no matter where it is.

I could see him being a second-round pick after his junior year, just due to sheer productivity. He wouldn't work in the NBA and would be a stupid pick, but I think a team would have taken a chance on him that year.

Last edited:
I could see him being a second-round pick after his junior year, just due to sheer productivity. He wouldn't work in the NBA and would be a stupid pick, but I think a team would have taken a chance on him that year. Then again, the Louisville game fresh in their minds certainly wouldn't help.

That was his senior year. After his Jr year we had just come off a 1 point loss to tOSU

That was his senior year. After his Jr year we had just come off a 1 point loss to tOSU

I was thinking so. I was like "that wasn't his junior year, was it..."
I guess somehow I forgot that he wasn't on our team this past year. Seems like it would be a hard thing to forget given our ineptitude from three, but yeah...

Pointing out how farcical the idea Lofton was ever going to be drafted is.

There are some very stupid GMs...the same way that you think Damon Jones SHOULD be paid more than Marvin Williams, but next season probably won't be...Chris Lofton SHOULDN'T have been drafted, as he was not one of the top 60 players in that draft, but I think a team would take a chance on him late in the draft.

Which of course helps Chris. You are a special kind of moron arent you

You're clearly the moron here. Why the hell would Chris Lofton be guarding LeBron? Everyone knows that the best defender on the court gets LeBron, no matter what. There is no way, unless multiple switches take place, that Lofton would end up covering LeBron. It just wouldn't happen.

...Unless you didn't pick up on the sarcasm there...In which case my aforementioned statement still rings true.

No matter which way you slice it, 61 points and 17-22 from the arc is insane. Many props for the performance, and much love from my corner of the Vol Nation for his courage and determination while wearing the Orange and White. It is very nice to see him succeed, no matter where it is.
Agreed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

how about 12 minutes and 10 shots a game?

I'm the one who said he could be a second-round pick, and I still never thought there was any way he would get 10 shots a game at any level like that. I would say D-League maybe, but since I don't know much about it and only know a few of the players that play in it, even that may be too high for him.

I'm the one who said he could be a second-round pick, and I still never thought there was any way he would get 10 shots a game at any level like that. I would say D-League maybe, but since I don't know much about it and only know a few of the players that play in it, even that may be too high for him.

chris is the kind of guy, at those levels, that would be a defensive liability. therefore, when he's in the game, you'd need to use the crap out of him. run your sets through him. call plays for him. let him jack it up - if he's hot, keep him in. if not, get him out and try him again later. i don't see that steve kerr is/was tremendously more athletic.

VN Store

Back