Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

I checked out the relocation seat inventory today and got to see the latest on the construction as well. Looks like a lot of work still to do in the next two months.
Forms almost complete down LF baseline. Concrete will be forthcoming shortly. Holiday schedules will effect supply and labor I'm guessing.

Perhaps, UT is paying a premium for quick work.

By the way, the tight confines of LNS are really going to be tightened down markedly more with the significant reduction in foul territory.

I recall in the 90s the stadium played huge and foul territory behind home plate was substantial before the MVP seats were added.

The MVP shortened this distance but they made up some of this loss buy moving the fences back a few feet- largely in left field.

I wish they could/would move the fences back 5-15 feet. Especially if the long term plan is to close or relocate Todd Helton Drive. They current porches could be moved now more easily than later when more substantial structure is built. Move the walls back and make them shorter or see-through.

By the way, the tight confines of LNS are really going to be tightened down markedly more with the significant reduction in foul territory.

I recall in the 90s the stadium played huge and foul territory behind home plate was substantial before the MVP seats were added.

The MVP shortened this distance but they made up some of this loss buy moving the fences back a few feet- largely in left field.

I wish they could/would move the fences back 5-15 feet. Especially if the long term plan is to close or relocate Todd Helton Drive. They current porches could be moved now more easily than later when more substantial structure is built. Move the walls back and make them shorter or see-through.

You know, now that you mention it, in all the hubbub over renovations, I hadn't heard anything about closing or relocating Todd Helton Drive. That seemed to be almost a foregone conclusion at one point since the railroad will never budge.

Wonder if that's still a thing...(or if KUB requires access to their stuff back there).

I was told it would be after the first of the year before they would send relocation email out. Luckily by buddy next to me texted and said he was able to move, because I never got an email and sure enough it was open on my account. I also called TN Fund and had them move it so I would know it went through. Ticket office and Tn. Fund haven't been on same page or have know what was going on over this at all. I wouldn't wait until 2025 to move if your seats are going away, I don't think there will be any options close to your old seats if you wait. I went ahead and moved and it was in same section, three rows down and 6 seats over to the right.

You know, now that you mention it, in all the hubbub over renovations, I hadn't heard anything about closing or relocating Todd Helton Drive. That seemed to be almost a foregone conclusion at one point since the railroad will never budge.

Wonder if that's still a thing...(or if KUB requires access to their stuff back there).

Over the last decade or so, UT has been slowly taking ownership of the streets on campus from Knoxville. At this time, I believe UT owns most of the roads on campus.

However, KUB and CSX undoubtedly have legal right of ways.

We know that Pat Summit is going to be closed. At least past the intersection with Fraternity Park Drive and the G16 Garage.

Todd Helton Drive could be closed before the curb. The large F1 lot is on the chopping block with the new dorm and baseball training center.

I suspect the gravel C1 lot is actually owned by CSX. I did a KGIS property search and all the property in the area is owned by UT but that gravel lot is not. It is actually not listed on the register. The railroad yard is the same so that makes me even more confident that UT does not own. So. UT could likely not push the fences much further back in right field. I suspect there is a legal reason I do not understand why the railyard- and all tracks leading to and from the yard; are not listed as being owned in the system.

Todd Helton Drive, Volunteer Blvd, Chamique Holdsclaw Dr. , Andy Holt Ave, Fraternity Park Drive, 20th Street, Pat Head Summitt, and Lake Loudon Blvd are all listed as Parcel ID 108FC014 (https://www.kgis.org/kgismaps/Map.htm?parcel=108FC014

By the way, the property the KUB substation sits on is also seemingly owned by UT (parcel ID 108DA001)
KGIS Maps

It appears that CSX has abandoned or relinquished of the line that ran toward the arena. You may recall the train cars that sat at the Lake Loudon Blvd intersection for what I am sure were kick ass tailgate parties and other events.

Over the last decade or so, UT has been slowly taking ownership of the streets on campus from Knoxville. At this time, I believe UT owns most of the roads on campus.

However, KUB and CSX undoubtedly have legal right of ways.

We know that Pat Summit is going to be closed. At least past the intersection with Fraternity Park Drive and the G16 Garage.

Todd Helton Drive could be closed before the curb. The large F1 lot is on the chopping block with the new dorm and baseball training center.

I suspect the gravel C1 lot is actually owned by CSX. I did a KGIS property search and all the property in the area is owned by UT but that gravel lot is not. It is actually not listed on the register. The railroad yard is the same so that makes me even more confident that UT does not own. So. UT could likely not push the fences much further back in right field. I suspect there is a legal reason I do not understand why the railyard- and all tracks leading to and from the yard; are not listed as being owned in the system.

Todd Helton Drive, Volunteer Blvd, Chamique Holdsclaw Dr. , Andy Holt Ave, Fraternity Park Drive, 20th Street, Pat Head Summitt, and Lake Loudon Blvd are all listed as Parcel ID 108FC014 (https://www.kgis.org/kgismaps/Map.htm?parcel=108FC014

By the way, the property the KUB substation sits on is also seemingly owned by UT (parcel ID 108DA001)
KGIS Maps

It appears that CSX has abandoned or relinquished of the line that ran toward the arena. You may recall the train cars that sat at the Lake Loudon Blvd intersection for what I am sure were kick ass tailgate parties and other events.

You know, I had almost forgot about those train cars. I got to go in one about 20 years ago.

Wonder where they ended up...

I'm pretty sure that's the 3 RIvers Rambler or whatever the little scenic train is (very fun afternoon, btw).

The ones we're talking about were at the corner of Lake Loudon and Chamique Holdsclaw. Using Google Street view, they were still there in July of 2012, but gone in March 2014. Its now just a little green space.

But...after digging...they were Gulf and Ohio Train Cars, which Gulf and Ohio runs the 3 Rivers train. So maybe that is where they ended up.

I'm guessing there's a train person on here somewhere that can set us straight. Those guys know the littlest details.

Last edited:
How close to complete are they gonna be on opening day? The couple of new luxury rows on the RF line look like they just need to put the seats in. I’m really hoping they don’t move the student section from their current section. LF line seats are gonna be cutting it close

How close to complete are they gonna be on opening day? The couple of new luxury rows on the RF line look like they just need to put the seats in. I’m really hoping they don’t move the student section from their current section. LF line seats are gonna be cutting it close
The student section moves further out in 2025.

The student section moves further out in 2025.
Hopefully not, Tony’s talked about how he likes it being close. Granted I graduate in the spring so it won’t affect me. I just don’t want them to do what they’ve done with basketball moving the student section to make way for people who use the seats as a way to get a tax write off from the donation and only show up for 10 percent of the time. For years I’ve thought they should have a policy where if your ticket is not scanned at the gate for at least 70 percent of games which are sold out then you should lose your right to purchase season tickets the next year. I’m just tired of Tennessee sporting events being filled with old heads who sit on their hands and talk about business meetings and don’t care about the actual game. What I would give to have the 2021 crowd back before all those people bought up the season tickets

I checked out the relocation seat inventory today and got to see the latest on the construction as well. Looks like a lot of work still to do in the next two months.
Steel deck almost down. They'll pour concrete when they get a decent week of weather with some cold weather concreting tactics. Install bleachers, some paint and done! Once the steel is in place it goes pretty fast.

Steel deck almost down. They'll pour concrete when they get a decent week of weather with some cold weather concreting tactics. Install bleachers, some paint and done! Once the steel is in place it goes pretty fast.
Here’s what they put out for 2025. I believe the current student section is the one pale pink chair back section closest to the Tennessee dugout. In 2025 it looks like the student section will be much bigger, but not as close.

IMG_0931.png

Here’s what they put out for 2025. I believe the current student section is the one pale pink chair back section closest to the Tennessee dugout. In 2025 it looks like the student section will be much bigger, but not as close.

View attachment 604183
The 4Topps sure seem like a big waste of capacity to me.

View attachment 604183
That new section is the standing room only area, so they’re just taking away our seats. That’s gonna cause most students not to show up unless it’s big games

The 4Topps sure seem like a big waste of capacity to me.

I already passed on my chance at one. $1k per seat out there just didn’t make sense.

I told them I’d consider it if they’d have porch rules (not even really to bring beer, just to bring some dinner on a midweek game lol) but it didn’t sound like that was an option. Even if, value didn’t match the price.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
I was under the impression the moved student section would have them an area out in right wrapping around the pole and UTs pen. I really hope it’s not just shoving them into the SRO.

I was under the impression the moved student section would have them an area out in right wrapping around the pole and UTs pen. I really hope it’s not just shoving them into the SRO.
Look at post #318, above. You're correct, it shows the new student section wrapping around the pole some. From what I recall from earlier posts of the plans, the student section when LNS construction is done does have seats.

Reactions: WallyBalls

VN Store

Back