Let war begin: Georgia Florida and Tennessee

Man you are a party pooper, Can't we once stay positive for atleast a little bit? but noooo there is always that one guy... :)

I’m just responding to ODs fantasyland thread. I’m happy with our current class and OC hire, but it’s not enough to make us competitive with UF and UGA at this point. I think we’ve taken step one to get there though.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
zI really don’t care if they’re looking at us or not, but you just can’t help to get that feeling that they’re paying attention of what is happening on Rocky Top.

What’s happening on Rocky Top? Enlighten’ me because I’ve missed it too.

Reactions: Titan05
Florida could easily. Beat us by 30. Florida is an automatic loss for us.

Not a very intelligent post. In reality, Butch's teams could have beaten Florida 4 of 5 games. His stupid coaching cost us. Last year's game at Neyland was all about our turnovers. We gave it to to them, what, 3-4 times inside our or 10 or 20 yard lines? And don't forget the fumble we had go thru the endzone. But hey, if it makes you feel better, keep on keeping on!

Last edited:
941e1ee4931fc6d030cb018fcaf093c8.jpg

One of my first thoughts after the Chaney hire was that now the whiney panic-stricken little girls on here will be looking for another reason to freak out.

Florida may be sleeping giant, and I wont argue that they are going to be good next year. Georgia may be on a little bit of a downtrend, but they still have talent and a great coach. I am just fine with everyone looking at Georgia and Florida and overlooking Tennessee for now. The only time that they say anything about UT is to talk S***. Let them look at the other teams while we quietly work unnoticed. They will be singing a different tune and pretending that they all knew it was coming by the time the 2020 season is in full swing.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Not a very intelligent post. In reality, Butch's teams could have beaten Florida 4 of 5 games. His stupid coaching cost us. Last year's game at Neyland was all about our turnovers. We gave it to to them, what, 3-4 times inside our or 10 or 20 yard lines? And don't forget the fumble we had go thru the endzone. But hey, if it makes you feel better, keep on keeping on!

Don't pay any attention to that stupid crap. Him and a few others will correct you if you say Tee Martin won a NC...."He didn't win a NC, its a team sport" or "He didn't throw for 1000 yards, Lol it was 980". But then they'll tell you " We are an automatic loss for Florida as long as we are on their schedule"

We are late to the party, but we are not down as far as it seems. We made a lot of stupid errors last year that cost us games. That’s ok, last year was about culture, evaluating players and installing systems. This offseason is about S&C. Spring will bring a renewed focus on eliminating mistakes.

By the end of next season we will go bowling and be nipping at the heals of Ga & Fl.

Recruiting has gone a long way towards filling big needs. Hope we finish strong. A couple more game changers could really speed this rebuild up. One more first class LB Toot Toot, one speedy receiver, a dominant DL.

It’s impossible for Florida not to overlook us. We’re a surefire win on their schedule and both Florida and Tennessee know it. They essentially have 5 OOC games every year as long they play us.

If you want to boil the test for being "The Guy" down to one game... The coach whether it be Pruitt or someone else who can even things up with UF will be "The Guy". I'm not talking the guy that always beats them even when he doesn't have the best team... but the guy that always beats them when he has the best team, wins his share of the toss ups, and picks off an upset here and there.

If you want to boil the test for being "The Guy" down to one game... The coach whether it be Pruitt or someone else who can even things up with UF will be "The Guy". I'm not talking the guy that always beats them even when he doesn't have the best team... but the guy that always beats them when he has the best team, wins his share of the toss ups, and picks off an upset here and there.
Agree. And I’m pretty close to 100% certain that that guy doesn’t exist on planet earth, past present or future.

And.....did they or did they not?

And you lay out adds more gas to the fire....point is, no matter the circumstances, no matter the coaches, players, location, etc, etc, etc......Florida ALWAYS beats Tennessee no matter what.

And stop with the “last year’s lost was all about OUR turnovers” mess. Florida physically, mentally and emotionally beat the ever-loving hell out of Tennessee last year and forced those turnovers. The game was decided because Tennessee just committed 5-6 unforced errors....the game was decided because Florida came and easily took the game from an incredibly soft Tennessee football team that wanted no part of its biggest rival.

And you lay out adds more gas to the fire....point is, no matter the circumstances, no matter the coaches, players, location, etc, etc, etc......Florida ALWAYS beats Tennessee no matter what.

And stop with the “last year’s lost was all about OUR turnovers” mess. Florida physically, mentally and emotionally beat the ever-loving hell out of Tennessee last year and forced those turnovers. The game was decided because Tennessee just committed 5-6 unforced errors....the game was decided because Florida came and easily took the game from an incredibly soft Tennessee football team that wanted no part of its biggest rival.

So, 4 of 5 of Butch's teams could have beaten the Gators, but now we're an automatic loss to them? Whatever there Leroy. Maybe you need to go fishing, golfing, or knit a blanket instead of watching next year's game.

That's a lie. 1 out of 1000 ain't "always no matter what". Tennessee doesn't need any help looking like chit right now, no reason to fawking lie.

Agree. And I’m pretty close to 100% certain that that guy doesn’t exist on planet earth, past present or future.
No. That guy exists... and I'd say it is more like a 5% rather than a 1% percentile of coaches that might be considered.

But the guy has to be "The Guy" and he needs some breaks. You need a few guys like Elijah Simmons to be massively underrated players who you see but no one else does. These guys are necessary because they give you success which gets your foot in the door for the 5* guys... hopefully without losing your penchant for finding the underrated guys. Pruitt could be capable... but if he doesn't catch some breaks with finding underrated talent and avoiding injuries... besides on the field breaks... then he'll be an unemployed guy in about 3 years.

Literally Florida Fan Fiction...
Here's the writer... "Neil Blackmon covers Florida football for SaturdayDownSouth.com. An attorney and two-time graduate of the University of Florida, he's reasonably confident he's the only writer here that's covered college football, a Final Four and a FIFA World Cup."

It’s impossible for Florida not to overlook us. We’re a surefire win on their schedule and both Florida and Tennessee know it. They essentially have 5 OOC games every year as long they play us.
This is a ridiculous statement.

Overlooking us? I admit that I believe we’re in the right track, but there is absolutely no reason to think that we are close to competing for anything but 6 or 7 wins in 2019. I believe in Pruitt and Tennessee, but we have a HUGE mountain the climb.
7 wins should honestly be the floor next year

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Mike Griffith
Mike Griffith
@MikeGriffith32
James Coley promoted to offensive coordinator at #Georgia
11:24 AM · Jan 11, 2019 · TweetDeck

Sorry to say, but the Vols are going to be chasing UF and UGA for at least several more seasons. Big mountain to climb just reach semi parity with those programs.

Sorry to say, but the Vols are going to be chasing UF and UGA for at least several more seasons. Big mountain to climb just reach semi parity with those programs.
Hell, if we can beat Mizzou, UK, and Vandy, and either Sakerlina or Miss State, and win our OOC that would be a phenomenal season considering where we have been.

Reactions: MAUSERWERKE

VN Store

Back