Let war begin: Georgia Florida and Tennessee

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-quickly-can-gators-completely-erase-the-gap/

Well! Looks like this writer didn’t include us, unless I missed it somewhere. I tell you what, while they are having war of words, we are just slowly doing our thing. Georgia’s message boards are all over this one.🤣🤣🤣
Florida overlooking us?

Nailed it. Which means we've got a couple of years before we're more than a mid major on their schedules. Chaney was a 5* hire IMO. Recruiting class looks pretty good. Neither of those fixes our atrocity in the trenches. Only time will fix that. And this fall ain't enough of it.

It’s impossible for Florida not to overlook us. We’re a surefire win on their schedule and both Florida and Tennessee know it. They essentially have 5 OOC games every year as long they play us.
I know. I was referring to the writer of the article. Do you think anyone is looking over us right now, thinking that they’re just going to win a game against us this year?

Hate to be that guy, but we are to Florida what Kentucky is to us. Even with all the suck over the past ten years, Kentucky has still only beat us twice in what, 30+ years? Compare that to our 7 or so wins over Florida since the '70s.
They brush us off like we do Kentucky because even when Florida sucks as much as us, they still win. Same as us and Kentucky; they have their best team in 40 years and we still blow them out.
A good friend of mine is a die hard Gator. He dislikes the Vols, but he is much more concerned with hating Georgia and FSU. If we want Florida to hate us as much as we despise them, we need to start beating them.

Why do you care so much about "people looking at us"? It means absolutely nothing. People barely cared all year about CU and they just whipped the golden boy for another title. Let's just win, Saban can get all the attention.
zI really don’t care if they’re looking at us or not, but you just can’t help to get that feeling that they’re paying attention of what is happening on Rocky Top.

Why wouldn't they?...We haven't given them any reason to fear us or even add us to any conversation...We are below Vanderbilt level now...We don't belong in any "Gap" talk...We are barely in top 3 in our own state right now.
I feel like that Pruitt will take this team into the swamp with no fear, and we play with them close, and we have a chance to win it.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
zI really don’t care if they’re looking at us or not, but you just can’t help to get that feeling that they’re paying attention of what is happening on Rocky Top.

What's happening that's significantly different than what we knew of going into Year 2 of Butch? Same Y1 record? Check. Good recruiting? Check. Continuity on offense (Chaney will likely run something similar to last year I presume, not a crazy change), defense, S&C? Check.

So far don't see much else different from the last regime. Just hope his development, S&C, etc is much different heading into year 4. Hopefully he jumps the hurdles Butch crashed into in year 3.

Time will tell, but for now I'm waiting to see. UF & UGA have proven success. He have a waaaays to go to catch up.

Reactions: Titan05
I bet we don’t turn the ball over 6 times this year.

If you rewatch, they caused a number of those. They mostly weren't self inflicted.

Either way, even outside of the TOs, they outplayed us snap for snap. YPP heavily favored the Gators. 54 rushes for 2.9 YPC will do that. Meanwhile Gators ran for 5.9 YPC. Butt whoopin no matter how you slice it.

But I don't take it too harshly. Pruitt has years to progress. Mullen is a top-10 coach in the country. Really no match in Year 1. Maybe recruiting can close the gap.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-quickly-can-gators-completely-erase-the-gap/

Well! Looks like this writer didn’t include us, unless I missed it somewhere. I tell you what, while they are having war of words, we are just slowly doing our thing. Georgia’s message boards are all over this one.🤣🤣🤣
Florida overlooking us?
If nothing youa re predictable in your orange shaded glasses.

We are not in the same ballpark as these guys. You need to leave your fantasy world.

I know. I was referring to the writer of the article. Do you think anyone is looking over us right now, thinking that they’re just going to win a game against us this year?
Yeah......Georgia, Florida, Alabama for sure. SCar, Missouri, Vandy and Miss State have every reason to as well. Until further notice, lowly Tennessee is either the 13th or 14th best team in a 14 team conference andwe should be looked past now like we used to look past Vandy and Kentucky back when they were as pathetic as we are now.

941e1ee4931fc6d030cb018fcaf093c8.jpg

you just can’t help to get that feeling that they’re paying attention of what is happening on Rocky Top.

Most Florida fans that I know are paying attention to Miami at the moment. First game of the year, and they're still filling out their staff - plus the outcome of that one will have a larger impact on in-state recruiting than any other besides FSU

Reactions: Titan05 and Jaws

Florida overlooking us?

All due respect, you gotta beat UF on the field more often that once every decade or so to grab their attention. UF is coming after Georgia like CJ Henderson going after Austin Pope. Georgia will be favored to win the East next year, but Florida is coming. And everybody knows it.

VN Store

Back