Let’s play Nico

Voldawg1970

Let’s commit to this kid. Let him learn as he goes. It can’t be any worse. Milton is a good guy but he was cut by Michigan, lost job to HH and now he trying again with the same old issues. For every one good pass there are many misses. Look. I guarantee there are tons of guys on campus that can throw a football a country mile and throw it 90 MPH but they aren’t playing because they can’ t place it with consistency. Why HOPE for something that just isn’t going to happen. I would rather put the ball in the kids hands knowing that we have him as our starter for the next few years hopefully. Although the scary part is the portal.

Can’t be worse? You could divide the team and fanbase, make future QB’s nervous that even if they win they might get yanked, end up rushing a future block of your program when he isn’t ready and screw him up, end up where he’s slightly worse or the same and be flipping back and forth…sure couldn’t be worse.

Some people on this board blow me away with how smart with football they are. Others…

…and so it begins.

I woulda put the over /under at 3-4 games, but here we are after just 2.
Exactly…these are the fans that cause more problems when they get vocal. When it happens in the stands Huepel is going to have a mess on his hands. Worse thing we can do is make Milton’s head worse with our actions and words while the team is still winning and coach is trying to shape the team and players.

But we’ll always have the pocket of fans who feel the best course of action is “panic, freak out, call for massive changes, be a pain in the rump, make things harder on all involved, all while we are still winning.” It’s in their DNA.

Milton was 21-33 with no interceptions. Catch a few of the drops and he still completes 70% of his passes in one of the worst games he’s had. I think he’s ok.
Half of those were passes caught behind the LOS.

People used to defend JG with this same logic. Not saying they’re the same level, but his stats would get inflated for completion without any interceptions similarly.

Nico needed to be on the field some vs Austin Peay but we screwed that up by playing crappy and having to leave Milton in
Agree. The players not being ready to go left an awesome opportunity for Nico on the table. Very frustrating

Milton was 21-33 with no interceptions. Catch a few of the drops and he still completes 70% of his passes in one of the worst games he’s had. I think he’s ok.
The stats aren’t why people are disappointed. It’s the inability to complete a pass to the middle of the field. The overwhelming majority of his completions yesterday were swings and screens.

Half of those were passes caught behind the LOS.

People used to defend JG with this same logic. Not saying they’re the same level, but his stats would get inflated for completion without any interceptions similarly.
Milton has the best interception rate in the country. We threw screens because they were giving us a 10 yard cushion in a middle zone.

The issue was not his completion percentage. The issue was the inability to throw the ball down the field and the threat of being able to sling the ball to all quadrants. You can’t be successful offensively playing within a 5-yard perimeter of the line of scrimmage. If this isn’t corrected, losses will happen.

VN Store

Back