Les Miles thread (merged)

65 years old, no thanks.

Tennessee cannot mess up this hire. You know what your getting with Les Miles. You know he will load the shelf with NFL talent. You get 8-10 years out of him then your in a position to be dominant again. Nearing Saben end at that point and will be a loaded talented football team.

The days of hiring a HC for 20+ years are over

Reactions: 1 person
Enough of the Les Miles talk.. Good grief.....

Let me get this right....most on here want a proven winner, that can compete in the SEC, but has never been fired before. With head coaching experience, and is a great recruiter. There is NO ONE out there that meets all of those criteria unless some one plans on kidnapping Nick Saban.

Gruden has no SEC experience...is he a great recruiter? But is at the top of everyone's meth wish list.

Tennessee cannot mess up this hire. You know what your getting with Les Miles. You know he will load the shelf with NFL talent. You get 8-10 years out of him then your in a position to be dominant again. Nearing Saben end at that point and will be a loaded talented football team.

The days of hiring a HC for 20+ years are over

Loading the NFL with talent is much much easier at LSU than at TN.

Les Miles is a slightly better version of Butch.

Both are horrible at game & clock management and stubborn as hell.

Pass.

Slightly better?? I guess winning the SEC twice, winning a MNC once while playing for another, and winning 10 or more games 7 times at LSU is slightly better than CBJ who is winless against Will Muschamp.

Reactions: 2 people
Never enough Les Miles talk.

And he does adapt and change. Tennessee fans I believe have a bad mental image of Les Miles.

Don't forget vs Tennessee was his first game as LSU's head coach. He wore that Britney Spears headset on the sideline after coming from the Big 12 and was so loud he couldn't hear his coaches. Haha he changed them out at halftime. He does make changes.

That was a great game for Tennessee too. Except wasn't it Eric Ainge throwing that behind the head interception at the goal line? Then Rick came in and saved the day.

Slightly better?? I guess winning the SEC twice, winning a MNC once while playing for another, and winning 10 or more games 7 times at LSU is slightly better than CBJ who is winless against Will Muschamp.

Miles best days are behind him.

I mean it’s not like LSU fired Miles for no apparent reason....

He’s stubborn and refused to change his philosophy at LSU when they were slowly trending down.

We’ve already been through Butch.

Why in the hell do we want to go through another coach whom we have to worry about managing a game or the clock because he sucks at it?

Once again...Miles on his WORST Saturday was still a better coach than Fulmer. Miles as far as i can remember never lost to Vandy, Memphis or Wyoming. Miles was known for winning the games he was supposed to win and having trouble beating Saban. As every other coach in America seems to share characteristic number 2, i am not too worried viewing CLM as a major upgrade over EITHER Fulmer or Jones

I think Miles would be a fine hire although he will be 64 in November but you're really overdoing it here. Miles and Fulmer have the same number of SEC Championships and National Championships. Tennessee was 45-5 from 1995-1998, that is better than any four year run that Miles had at LSU. Yes, Miles had to compete with a dominant program and a great coach in his own division but you could say the same thing about Fulmer with Florida and Spurrier in the '90s.

...and let's not forget that LSU went 8-5 in 2014, so it wasn't just an inability to beat Alabama. Miles couldn't put together a good passing attack in his last few years.

This hire is a gamble, he'll every hire is a gamble. I'd choose Les Miles because unlike Butch, Les Miles actually learned from his mistakes and fixed those issues. Had been a couple years from his last one.

I'd put my money on the guy coming back with a year of self evaluation coming back with a chip on his shoulder who is the PROVEN second best coach in the SEC in the last 10 years.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Miles would be a fine hire although he will be 64 in November but you're really overdoing it here. Miles and Fulmer have the same number of SEC Championships and National Championships. Tennessee was 45-5 from 1995-1998, that is better than any four year run that Miles had at LSU. Yes, Miles had to compete with a dominant program and a great coach in his own division but you could say the same thing about Fulmer with Florida and Spurrier in the '90s.

...and let's not forget that LSU went 8-5 in 2014, so it wasn't just an inability to beat Alabama. Miles couldn't put together a good passing attack in his last few years.

LSU has always had a problem with recruiting quarterbacks. Well quarterbacks that can throw in this league.

Tennessee's location and first son Peyton has a huge advantage of recruiting the areas that produce the level of quarterback that Les Miles lacked at LSU

His few down years were during the same time Ole Miss was beating Bama two years in a row, Miss State rose to Number 1..... Literally the worst time of his career at LSU are when two other schools were rising in the west for a year or two. It happens. Texas A&M did the same in Manziel's first two years there.

I'd take Les Miles if and only if, the Gruden/Kelly Splash hire told us no and someone like Mullen told us no. Other than that, I would go after Les, Charlie Strong, or even Tee Martin (only if USC goes to the playoff) for the sake of getting Tennessee blood back into the program.

At this point, I want someone who has a proven track record of developing talent and has been apart of a national championship culture that is willing to put in the effort.

Les is an old dog set in his ways. Fired for being too stubborn to adapt at LSU. Why would we want him here?

You don't win that many games at LSU by not making adjustments.

I mean Butch is on record saying his system is infallible and he doesn't need to make halftime adjustments.

This hire is a gamble, he'll every hire is a gamble. I'd choose Les Miles because unlike Butch, Les Miles actually learned from his mistakes and fixed those issues. Had been a couple years from his last one.

I'd put my money on the guy coming back with a year of self evaluation coming back with a chip on his shoulder who is the PROVEN second best coach in the SEC in the last 10 years.

Did he? The passing game at LSU was pretty bad his last 4 plus seasons. Their defense kept them in most games.

I bet Fulmer would volunteer to be the interim coach. He can lure Chavis back. The glory days can come again! Then if Tee Martin gets the job, he can recruit his kid over from Clemson.

Did he? The passing game at LSU was pretty bad his last 4 plus seasons. Their defense kept them in most games.

The only reason majority of people don't want him is because of his history on offense in the last few years.

That has to change and he knows that. That is the only way he gets another big job.

If we were to hire him, we would have to be willing to break the bank for him to hire a talented OC. If we did that, I would be down for Les right away.

VN Store

Back