Les Miles thread (merged)

I disagree .

We have a say due to we pay their salaries .

The wrong hire and they lose a crap ton of money in sales, tickets , donations , etc.

LOL, really. You pay the salary of congress too and all other public offices and services

I haven't had Miles on any list.........haven't even thought about or hoped Tennessee would hire him.................never thought he would even be in the conversation: however

Now I would be ecstatic to see him at Tennessee over some of these coaches being reported and floated around.

Still hoping for more, but before Greg the Douche and others....................give me Miles and some great OC.

Reactions: 1 person
How many other candidates are we looking at that have a National Championship on their resume? He may be stubborn, but he knows how to win.

Philip Fulmer, Gene Chizik, Butch Davis, and Steve Spurrier are all available, let’s hire one of them. The game has passed Les by, just like all these other coaches. If he was still a good coach and wasn’t stubborn as a mule then he would still be coaching at LSU.

Les's time is generally over, I could see a team giving him a shot in some other position or in a bigger scheme of things.

I have said before, Frost (head coach), Miles (head recruiter/associate head coach), and Pelini (as defensive coordinator) but Frost is probably a no go at this point. Same concept but with a younger offensive coordinator with a plan to promote either coordinator and something like that makes sense.

He's lost 55 games over a 15 year career, won a national championship, and can recruit with the best of them. If he hires a good OC, we could be really good. An honestly, at this stage, I'll take 10-2 seasons until the cows come home.

With the exception of maybe Petersen and Gruden, he has a better record than all of the candidates we've talked to.

The Football program needs stability. Les Miles is a great recruiter and leader that his players play out of their minds for. Bring back Chief as the DC. And if LSU does not want Matt Canada, bring him in as the OC. That would give UT a seasoned killer staff to stabilize the program. This coaching staff would be better than anything UT has had since Fulmer.

The Football program needs stability. Les Miles is a great recruiter and leader that his players play out of their minds for. Bring back Chief as the DC. And if LSU does not want Matt Canada, bring him in as the OC. That would give UT a seasoned killer staff to stabilize the program.

Amen, preach it brother. Welcome to the Church of Les. Les is more!!!!!

Dont waste your time referencing Miles. Many on this board say he isnt that good even though his record at LSU says the complete opposite. I have wanted Miles from the start. Of course we will most likely end up with a Schiano or google coach.

Hiring for stability is how you end up with Derek Dooley and Butch Jones back to back.

The Football program needs stability. Les Miles is a great recruiter and leader that his players play out of their minds for. Bring back Chief as the DC. And if LSU does not want Matt Canada, bring him in as the OC. That would give UT a seasoned killer staff to stabilize the program. This coaching staff would be better than anything UT has had since Fulmer.

This^^^^

Hiring for stability is how you end up with Derek Dooley and Butch Jones back to back.

How many times has Derek Dooley and Butch Jones won a NC, beat Nick Saban and their record stack up against Les Miles? Heck any coach UT has hired can't hold Les' jock strap.

Les Miles would bring UT back to it's best football since Fulmer's best coaching days.

Fulmer, Miles, JBC, Kiffin, Cutcliffe, Brohm, my high school basketball coach... I’m good with any of them.

How many times has Derek Dooley and Butch Jones won a NC, beat Nick Saban and their record stack up against Les Miles? Heck any coach UT has hired can't hold Les' jock strap.

Les Miles would bring UT back to it's best football since Fulmer's best coaching days.

I think Tennessee should hire you since you are doing a fine job of holding Les' jock strap.

If Les is so great why did the school he won a NC at FIRE HIM !!! Why has nobody else hired him ? I'd take Norvell, Frost or Lane over this guy.

If Les is so great why did the school he won a NC at FIRE HIM !!! Why has nobody else hired him ? I'd take Norvell, Frost or Lane over this guy.

True story. Les Miles was the only candidate worse than Schiano. I would be content with either Norvell or Frost.

How many coaches has Tennessee hired who are better than Les Miles since Fulmer? The best coaches available now are being hired by other schools as we post. Les Miles will bring stability back and win the East in 2 years minimum. But hey, hire another coach that's record doesn't match Miles record.

We're not going to just go out and sign the job over to to any former coach with a pulse. This will die down and we will hire a good coach. I still have faith.

VN Store

Back