Legitimate season

Will any of y’all consider this to be a legitimate season? with everything that has happened with the pandemic. Will the history books look back and say this season was more or less a write off assuming we finish the season. I’m having a hard time myself getting excited like I usually am this close to football season me and my dad were going to Norman for the OU and now it’s been canceled. It’s going to be so weird too with no fans in Neyland or the band playing Rocky Top the pageantry and loud fans are such a huge part of college football as we all know.

I've had this thought.

My belief is the MLB and NBA champs will be some of the most meaningless ever. Just seems empty.

That said, I think this season makes quite the SEC trophy on the mantle having to run the SEC gauntlet.

Bowls make most of their revenue from ESPN. This is why we have so many bowls that have almost no fans attending. The bowls would love to sell out and for the bigger ones it does add to how much they make. However ESPN and sponsors pay more than enough for the bowls to turn a nice profit even without ticket sales.
ESPN might pay for the bowls but they don’t put a dollar in the pockets of the hotels, restaurants, bartenders, Uber drivers, and city/state taxes. That’s why cities host games. That’s why some cities host up to three.

Reactions: 08Vol and Wireless1
I don't think there is any doubt we're gonna see what Pruitt is made of.
You may well be right. The other part is how does our talent compare with UF, GA, ALA, LSU, etc. I want to win but the question is can we compete with those? GBO.

You may well be right. The other part is how does our talent compare with UF, GA, ALA, LSU, etc. I want to win but the question is can we compete with those? GBO.
Well, I don't know but that's what I meant by we gone fine out.

The season is going to have an asterisk next to it no matter what, but I do think 10 SEC games is pretty exciting. If every team plays a full slate, then I think it's a legit season... if a position group for a team all tests positive for covid and they have to forfeit... or gets postponed... things start to get a little murky at that point, in terms of the legitimacy of the season.

Reactions: Cmacsmokey
If everyone agrees to the rules, plays under them, and the rules are applied fairly, how could it be anything BUT legitimate?

Just wish we didn't have to wait until sep 26th.

Which also means a lot can happen between now and then.

I'm sure a lot of it will be STUPID

But we can always have hope.

When I was at UT in the 60s we always played Auburn, GA Tech, Bama, Ole Miss Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Then rotated between LSU, Miss St., UGA, Tulane and UF. We played two OOC games...such as Chattanooga, UCLA, Army, Boston College and So Carolina.

Reactions: Cmacsmokey
Will any of y’all consider this to be a legitimate season? with everything that has happened with the pandemic. Will the history books look back and say this season was more or less a write off assuming we finish the season. I’m having a hard time myself getting excited like I usually am this close to football season me and my dad were going to Norman for the OU and now it’s been canceled. It’s going to be so weird too with no fans in Neyland or the band playing Rocky Top the pageantry and loud fans are such a huge part of college football as we all know.

This thing is being played to keep as much money as they can without giving refunds. It almost feels like a gimmick at this point. Hopefully "college" basketball season will be better. I couldn't care less about pro sports.

There will definitely be asteriks. There will be fewer firings...this mess is qn instant excuse. I think Muschamp even survives because of this. Tough to fire someone with how big a clusterf*** this is going to be.

For me,,I think it depends on how many games get actually played. If they can play 7 or more games then yes it's a legitimate season. 4 or less games then no. 5 or 6 games is debatable either way.

10 SEC Games? It will absolutely be a legitimate season if none are cancelled. Heck even if one or two get cancelled, I see no real difference.

Very excited about it actually.

Ole Miss (The Lame Train) and LSU. Add that to an already difficult schedule. 5-5, 6-4. But, a good chance to see exactly where we stand, in The Best Football Conference, in the NCAA. It does mean more!

I don’t consider any season legitimate where we don’t win the national championship.

#1998lastlegimateseason

There will definitely be asteriks. There will be fewer firings...this mess is qn instant excuse. I think Muschamp even survives because of this. Tough to fire someone with how big a clusterf*** this is going to be.

I'm not so sure. It would be hard for Vandy to keep Mason if he goes 0-10.

If the P5 conference only schedule completes what is the playoff and bowl game strategy. I have not seen it on VN but admit I have not looked to hard for it yet.

I hope the 10 game Conf schedules is the norm after this year. Then 1 other non con P5 or major Independent and 1 game vs smaller conf teams but FCS schools should be dropped completely.

it will be legitimate for the teams that do well. For teams that have a losing season, it will be written off.

If some big teams like Bama lose some games because their QB missed multiple games because of the pandemic, therefore it will go down as a nonlegit season. On the other hand I kinda like playing Fla the first game; that definitely helps us. With our history with the gators, it sure can't hurt.

VN Store

Back