Left Cheek

What has Jimmy Cheek done for our basketball program or athletics in general?

Don't get petty please give actual arguments as to what he has brought or not brought to support our athletics to the championship level?

Why he should be held responsible for the past few years in basketball and athletics in general?

If he left or was terminated why are you convinced that our programs would go straight up?

He ran off Bruce Pearl, and for that he should be held responsible.

Solid Points.

But the facts are the facts when it comes to the violation, cover up and lies. I loved Perl, and was extremely disappointment in what went down. I'm not for or against martin. Just want stable solid success for our Vols.

Agree.

I believe Cheek and Hamilton did Bruce dirty.

The fact is when CBP was going in front of the NCAA, neither Cheek, Hamilton, or the UT Attorney told Pearl they (NCAA) had a picture of Aaron Craft at the BBQ. Basically, they left him out to dry when in fact, had they told him what they knew, Pearl would have been better prepared for the interview with the NCAA. Shame on all of them for doing Pearl that way and Hamilton got what he deserved. Now it's time for Cheek to get his too!

Reactions: 1 person
The fact is when CBP was going in front of the NCAA, neither Cheek, Hamilton, or the UT Attorney told Pearl they (NCAA) had a picture of Aaron Craft at the BBQ. Basically, they left him out to dry when in fact, had they told him what they knew, Pearl would have been better prepared for the interview with the NCAA. Shame on all of them for doing Pearl that way and Hamilton got what he deserved. Now it's time for Cheek to get his too!

A huge golden parachute including a million dollar walking away gift and lifetime tickets to all UT sporting events?

- Pearl should have just reported the secondary violation when it happened and accepted the slap on the wrist. He'd likely still be the coach if that was done

- he should have admitted to recognizing his own house and friends in a picture. How much prep does that truly require?

- shame on Pearl for jeopardizing his career with something so trivial and easily corrected

What has Jimmy Cheek done for our basketball program or athletics in general?

Don't get petty please give actual arguments as to what he has brought or not brought to support our athletics to the championship level?

Why he should be held responsible for the past few years in basketball and athletics in general?

If he left or was terminated why are you convinced that our programs would go straight up?

The thing that bothers me is when Hamilton was spending big bucks which got the athletic department in financial trouble, someone should have been overseeing and approving that, and I think that person would be Cheek. If he was Hamilton's supervisor, then he deserves some of the blame. I don't know that he had much to do in hiring coaches, the string of bad coaches was probably mostly Hamilton's fault, although again Cheek may have had final approval authority. The only one Hamilton hired who could coach well was Pearl, but of course he had no integrity. I definitely don't think Cheek is totally blameless in the situation with the athletic department.

Last edited:
- Pearl should have just reported the secondary violation when it happened and accepted the slap on the wrist. He'd likely still be the coach if that was done

- he should have admitted to recognizing his own house and friends in a picture. How much prep does that truly require?

- shame on Pearl for jeopardizing his career with something so trivial and easily corrected

Do you think that every program across the country, football and basketball, reports every secondary violation?

Do you think that every program across the country, football and basketball, reports every secondary violation?

The ones that don't want to get hammered by the NCAA do. Or, at the very least, don't tell recruits "Hey, this is against the rules. Lie for me if you are asked about it."

A fair, mostly accurate, even keeled article.

Great job by the author.

The one thing he was inaccurate about was the show cause for illegal contact with a recruit. Unless he was talking about the kids at the cookout we didn't have a finding on the illegal bump.

The one thing he was inaccurate about was the show cause for illegal contact with a recruit. Unless he was talking about the kids at the cookout we didn't have a finding on the illegal bump.

Talking about the kids at the cookout .

How solid is your source on this info? I ask because my source from inside the A.D. tells it that Pearl was told they had a picture and not to lie about it.

They should have made sure that Pearl knew what his house looked like smh. Shame on them lol. I just don't get why he didn't just take the slap on the wrist and not lie. We'd be going to our 9th straight tourney this year.

I do think that the AD could've fought harder for Pearl. That I have no doubt. When you look at the way other schools have fought for their coaches/players (See, Miami, OSU, etc), I think the UT AD was absolutely pedestrian in comparison.

I don't know that it would've changed anything necessarily, but it at least would've shown that they had effort to want to keep him around.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back