Lebron/Jordan

Johnnyreb#VFL

Work like heck
On the front page of ESPN

LeBron: 'Chasing ghosts' not about passing MJ.

Literally, right below that article

Lebron could pass Jordan tonight.

https://theundefeated.com/features/...pass-michael-jordan-in-career-playoff-points/

I found it amusing. I'm with Scottie Pippen though, it's hard to compare the two because they play two different positions. MJ was the greatest scorer of all time, but he was never asked to run or facilitate an offense. But what Lebron lacks in the attack department (if he does lack), he makes up for with other areas of his game.

Jordan dominated ...in the regular season and playoffs after about season 6 when hand checking and physical defense was allowed .. Not even close.. Best player hands down

Reactions: 2 people
Jordan dominated ...in the regular season and playoffs after about season 6 when hand checking and physical defense was allowed .. Not even close.. Best player hands down

I won't give you best player. Best scorer for sure, all day.

You realize you are witnessing history, thought right?

7th straight finals appearance. Hasn't been done since Bill Russell's Celtics.

You must be young. Michael Jordan is the greatest player to ever live. Can't believe what I read sometimes

Reactions: golfballs
Guys.. Scottie Pippen said Jordan could never run an offense like Lebron can. He said you can't compare the two but he went on to compare them. He said you would never want Jordan nor did you see Jordan run point bc he could not facilitate. You see Lebron bringing the ball up the court every night, as well as banging with the 5s down low. Now when we talk about the greatest PLAYER, there is more to it than just scoring.
I am not taking anything from MJ, I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

Reactions: 1 person

The East has been garbage since that Boston team broke up. Not trying to totally discredit making 7 straight finals, but you have to into consideration the path he has had to take.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The East has been garbage since that Boston team broke up. Not trying to totally discredit making 7 straight finals, but you have to into consideration the path he has had to take.

This is a big piece of the puzzle most definitely.

What's funny is the east was bad again, but Cavs might've had a tougher road to the finals than the Warriors did.

Jordan was clutch and that's what made him the greatest.

Jordan was clutch, but what makes him "the greatest" in people's minds is his marketability and not as much the player he was. Nike still puts his logo, and not their own, on a lot of their basketball gear. Think about that. Jordan starred in a hit movie about basketball where he played with on a team with the Looney Tunes. Is LeBron ever going to reach that level? I don't think he has or he will, but LeBron could be statistically a more impressive player than Jordan and people would still think of Jordan as the greatest.

LeBron is a very marketable figure, but he's not even close to being as marketable as Jordan. LeBron, at times, comes off as an aloof, sensitive, overgrown child. Jordan never came off like that; quite the opposite. LeBron's legion of haters will also say he's arrogant, which is totally accurate, but Jordan is quite possibly one of the most arrogant people to ever live and nobody holds that against him. It's the petulant, childish, passive-aggressiveness that turns people off about him.

What's funny is the east was bad again, but Cavs might've had a tougher road to the finals than the Warriors did.

Since KL was out, you might be right. Their (GS) first run was easy too, wasn't there a key guy out on almost every playoff team that year in the West? Including Cavs players.

Yeah, Jazz were banged up against GSW and same for Toronto against Cavs in the 2nd round. Then no Tony Parker, KL, or IT in the conference finals.

Jordan was also 1st team defense almost every year... Straight baller..

LBJ has been 1st team 5 times. MJ was 10 times which is insane, although I'd say it's probably easier for a SG to win all-NBA than an SF. Lebron is competing against bigs like Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan for a spot. Traditionally, I would say paint defenders have a big advantage for defensive awards (bigs have won 10 of the last 12 DPOYs).

Jordan was a better 1 on 1 defender than Lebron, but Lebron is the better help defender and he can also defend most guys in the league 1-4, so he's a little more versatile.

BTW, while I was looking at these I discovered Paul Millsap beat out Lebron for a 2nd team spot, which just seems absolutely ridiculous.

Jordan was also 1st team defense almost every year... Straight baller..

Yep. There will never be another Jordan, period. Not in terms of playing ability or marketability/cultural impact.

In some ways I do feel bad for LeBron, even though personally I think he's an unlikable guy, because the biggest criticism of him boils down to "he's not Jordan."

People didn't really do that to Kobe, and he's an unlikable guy too. They just seemed to appreciate the player that he was. I can't figure out exactly why they do that with LeBron. LeBron did have issues with closing early in his career (when he had no help) and in that first year in Miami, but he's more than dispelled that criticism now yet he still has this legion of haters.

No idea why anybody thinks Lebron is unlikable. I figure they don't care to know much about him if they don't like him or they just need somebody to dislike. He said the wrong thing one time and he raised $2.5M for the Boys & Girls club in the process.

Dude is a class act and considering that he was raised by a single, crazy parent and has been treated like royalty since the age of 14, I'd say that's pretty amazing.

VN Store

Back