LB Beasley Under Investigation

Let him play

we need LB's

says every winning SEC program ever because this wouldn't get beyond the person having said concerns and the fixer$$

this includes the 4 or 5 that busted into some dude's room and took his weed

BRING BACK THE 90'S DAMNIT !!
I am willing to bet there are some LBs still in the portal that can play in this 3 star losers place -

I think I saw his attorney saying they were going to fight this?

Nothing says "dumpster fire" like allowing a player for your university to sit in open court while they read and discuss the injuries to a cat...... and he tries to deny it. I mean, it's his right but I don't think the University of Tennessee wants to be associated with him if he's going to fight this, let it be discussed in court, etc. That's insane mismanagement of the school's good name.

A question for all on here who are defending this scum......would you be comfortable letting him babysit your young children overnight? I most certainly would not. Now tell me why he should remain on our football team.
Only thing I've seen anyone defending, as far as Beasley is concerned, is his right to be considered innocent until proven guilty...

But hey, if that's a bit inconvenient, you can always join the mob...

Reactions: VAVol85 and butchna
A question for all on here who are defending this scum......would you be comfortable letting him babysit your young children overnight? I most certainly would not. Now tell me why he should remain on our football team.
Pretty much nonsense. There have been a huge list of famous players I wouldn't let babysit but I've still cheered for their plays on the field. I would scrutinize someone around my kids more than ones I'll watch from afar

Only thing I've seen anyone defending, as far as Beasley is concerned, is his right to be considered innocent until proven guilty...

But hey, if that's a bit inconvenient, you can always join the mob...
Most people have qualified their comments with "if he's guilty" or something similar. The main disagreement has been whether he should be kicked off the team if he is guilty, with sjt18 arguing he shouldn't and a dozen or so others arguing that he should be.

Most people have qualified their comments with "if he's guilty" or something similar. The main disagreement has been whether he should be kicked off the team if he is guilty, with sjt18 arguing he shouldn't and a dozen or so others arguing that he should be.
I've seen that arguement also and honestly, if it were me, I would hold judgement until all information/evidence has been reviewed and a trial (if warranted) has run its course..

Potential jurors see him booted from the team and it may influence them to say "well, he must be guilty"...

Reactions: peaygolf
I've seen that arguement also and honestly, if it were me, I would hold judgement until all information/evidence has been reviewed and a trial (if warranted) has run its course..

Potential jurors see him booted from the team and it may influence them to say "well, he must be guilty"...
Good point.

I think Heupel’s decision to suspend him indefinitely pending additional information is the right choice. It protects the team from the controversy and distraction and gives the legal system and the University discipline system a chance to investigate and come to a conclusion.

I think Heupel’s decision to suspend him indefinitely pending additional information is the right choice. It protects the team from the controversy and distraction and gives the legal system and the University discipline system a chance to investigate and come to a conclusion.
I agree and I think it's SOP in situations like this but if there is to be a trial, he shouldn't be booted until it's over. After all, innocent until proven guilty......

I agree and I think it's SOP in situations like this but if there is to be a trial, he shouldn't be booted until it's over. After all, innocent until proven guilty......
Innocent until proven is a legal standard, not a team standard. The team doesn't need the distraction of wondering what's gonna happen to him AND if it drags on for months? or more, it's just an oozing wound and he's not getting reps and becomes even more of a non-factor, liability for the team.

Take the emotion out of this. UT should do what's good for UT. If this is going to drag on...... we need to free up his spot and get to work. If it resolves quickly, it's likely with a conviction/fine, court ordered counseling, and..... the very outside chance of a few days in jail. Again, more time lost for the kid on the field and the team.

Emotions aside, if this actually drags into a court case, he's just unnecessary dead weight...... a self inflicted injury. I can't see it being a positive thing for the university to keep him "employed."

In the scheme of things conviction > charged > news report > > social media post. Unfortunately, the situation seems to be moving up the chain, but we shouldn’t get ahead of the process.

I initially hoped for everyone (including the cat) that it was a case of a money grab or a jealous roommate, but that is starting to seem unlikely. At least reports suggest the cat seems to be recovering.

Innocent until proven is a legal standard, not a team standard. The team doesn't need the distraction of wondering what's gonna happen to him AND if it drags on for months? or more, it's just an oozing wound and he's not getting reps and becomes even more of a non-factor, liability for the team.

Take the emotion out of this. UT should do what's good for UT. If this is going to drag on...... we need to free up his spot and get to work. If it resolves quickly, it's likely with a conviction/fine, court ordered counseling, and..... the very outside chance of a few days in jail. Again, more time lost for the kid on the field and the team.

Emotions aside, if this actually drags into a court case, he's just unnecessary dead weight...... a self inflicted injury. I can't see it being a positive thing for the university to keep him "employed."
Sorry, but his right to a fair trial far outweighs the concern for BS PR optics regarding the Tennessee football program..

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Sorry, but his right to a fair trial far outweighs the concern for BS PR optics regarding the Tennessee football program..
He is welcome to a free trial. I support that 100%.

The University of Tennessee is ALSO welcome to do what is good for the university, right?

Reactions: Tnslim1
He is welcome to a free trial. I support that 100%.

The University of Tennessee is ALSO welcome to do what is good for the university, right?
I said fair trial, not free. You kick him off the team before a trial and there is a very real possibility of tainting the jury pool.. Do you support that?

UTs sterling reputation will be just fine keeping him suspended pending the outcome of a trial (assuming there is one)...

I said fair trial, not free. You kick him off the team before a trial and there is a very real possibility of tainting the jury pool.. Do you support that?

UTs sterling reputation will be just fine keeping him suspended pending the outcome of a trial (assuming there is one)...
Has he been arrested yet? Looks like that would be pretty easily done if there is video as was originally stated?

Oddly, Richardson and Edwards were dismissed easily before their trials, weren't they? It's not at all uncommon for a university to cut ties with an arrested player before trial.

I explained that he's "dead weight" currently, a self inflicted injury to the team....... at some point the going up isn't worth the coming down with this kid for the university because of the distraction, the time away from reps, the attention, and need for bodies actually practicing.

I'm beyond the emotion. Can UT just make a good management decision and move on.

Oddly, Richardson and Edwards were dismissed easily before their trials, weren't they? It's not at all uncommon for a university to cut ties with an arrested player before trial.

I explained that he's "dead weight" currently, a self inflicted injury to the team....... at some point the going up isn't worth the coming down with this kid for the university because of the distraction, the time away from reps, the attention, and need for bodies actually practicing.

I'm beyond the emotion. Can UT just make a good management decision and move on.
Currently we have social media accusations, he's not been arrested, he's not been charged, yet he's........

"dead weight"

SMDH.gif

Reactions: sjt18
We are not "Rehab University" for these kids.

We've got enough going on and have enough of a black eye from the Pruitt and Co fiasco without this kid.

If you guys want to see why the culture sucks, here it is. Accountability. You don't bring the freaking national media attention to our football program with some stupid, reckless behavior.

But here is poster saying, "People don't follow football that closely, who cares what the players do....... people will forget."

THIS is how the culture turns bad. No accountability.

What do you suggest? We run him? These guys can likely run for days....... annoying, not a punishment. Do we slap his hand and tell him, "Bad boy..... don't do that!"

He's a distraction and the program has enough built in distractions right now without tolerating bonehead behavior.

Seriously, what kind of "punishment" should he get in your eyes?

A criminal record is punishment. A short leash is punishment. Community service is both punishment and rehabilitation. Let him do voluntary "live hang" at a chicken processing plant for a while. He'll get a life's worth of doing bad things to animals. Let him clean dog kennels for a summer and be a free janitor for a vet. Then there's all sorts of options available specifically related to football including suspending him for games or even revoking his scholarship for a year but allowing him to play and re-earn it.

The options aren't kick him off the team or do nothing.

He's a distraction to you and a few others. The world and even the smaller world of college football are NOT focused on Beasley or the kitten.

I've held people "accountable" for my whole career. I've counseled people. I've suspended people. I've coached people. I've seen people both succeed and fail once put on performance improvement plans. I've had too many occasions when I had to look across a table and tell someone they no longer had a job. I've been involved in discipline in private business, the Army, and even church. You can neither afford to underreact or overreact. Above all you have to be morally and ethically consistent. You are proposing a standard that's a trap.... something that cannot be morally and ethically consistent.

VN Store

Back