LB Beasley Under Investigation

Why do you keep bringing up the value of a human life vs a cat life? I don’t think anyone here has insinuated the guy should be put to death, or even suffer physical abuse such as he inflicted on the cat. We are just saying he shouldn’t be on the UT football team and should have his scholarship taken away.
Look up one post from this one my guy. Lmao

"PETA will show up to the games" is a stupid reason to kick him off the team. Hell that might drive ticket sales as sideshow entertainment.

"What if he attacked my pet" is a stupid reason to kick him off the team.

People literally lose their ability to use their brains when animals are in the mix.

His life as measured in time is more valuable than the cat's. My original comparison was to an unborn child. If he paid for and pressured his girlfriend into having an abortion who of those wanting him kicked off the team would want the same then?
As someone said, there's WAY MORE to his life than football. He's got some issues to sort out and the University IS NOT responsible to help him sort that out. Period.

Yeah, there's a whole lot to life beyond this mistake and I hope he has a good life ...... somewhere else.

He's a liability to the team and the University at this point and we ALWAYS hear how the University is bigger than the players. It cuts both ways. I hate it for him but he's a liability.

"PETA will show up to the games" is a stupid reason to kick him off the team. Hell that might drive ticket sales as sideshow entertainment.

People literally lose their ability to use their brains when animals are in the mix.
Beating up a kitten is just a notch below punching a baby. If you torture something that weak and defenseless you have serious, serious problems. It blows my mind that some of you can't see this, or are willing to look the other way for a depth piece at linebacker. This has zero to do with politics, it's basic, basic kindergarten level human decency.

Beating up a kitten is just a notch below punching a baby. If you torture something that weak and defenseless you have serious, serious problems. It blows my mind that some of you can't see this, or are willing to look the other way for a depth piece at linebacker. This has zero to do with politics, it's basic, basic kindergarten level human decency.
Not a notch below... several notches below but otherwise I agree. And still do not think the proper punishment for this is to kick him off the team... unless you're going to kick all the guys off who do much worse than punch a baby.

Reactions: Beagle Bill
As someone said, there's WAY MORE to his life than football. He's got some issues to sort out and the University IS NOT responsible to help him sort that out. Period.
How about Banks? How about the kids caught in the drug deal? How about J Jennings? How about literally dozens of players that have gotten the AD's help in sorting things out?

Yeah, there's a whole lot to life beyond this mistake and I hope he has a good life ...... somewhere else.

He's a liability to the team and the University at this point and we ALWAYS hear how the University is bigger than the players. It cuts both ways. I hate it for him but he's a liability.
He's a liability because what he did bothers some of you probably more than it should at this particular point? I keep reminding you guys... we're talking about an ANIMAL. Not a person. If the guy has a pattern of doing things like that then yeah maybe you invite him to be somewhere else. But how many players would be left if they got the boot every time they did something stupid or even mean?

Reactions: Beagle Bill
How about Banks? How about the kids caught in the drug deal? How about J Jennings? How about literally dozens of players that have gotten the AD's help in sorting things out?

He's a liability because what he did bothers some of you probably more than it should at this particular point. If the guy has a pattern of doing things like that then yeah maybe you invite him to be somewhere else. But how many players would be left if they got the boot every time they did something stupid or even mean?
He's a liability because of the publicity and yeah, because the optics of having beaten a kitten over your dinner IS awful.

Regardless of how I feel personally, he's given the University a public relations black eye for his stupidity. Players do dumb stuff but it's rarely ALL OVER the media.

Again, hate it for him but this one is simply gotten too much bad press for University to overlook. Fair or not fair, the University should do what's good for its image.

Reactions: 508mikey
I want to personally say that I’m really impressed with all of you on here. For so many people to defend and come to the rescue of this innocent little animal is really touching. You didn’t defend the star football player... you defended the little kitten. Well done Vol Nation.

Not a notch below... several notches below but otherwise I agree. And still do not think the proper punishment for this is to kick him off the team... unless you're going to kick all the guys off who do much worse than punch a baby.
Look man, I think our views on the analogy you were using earlier are probably the same. I'm completely against it. However, it's legal whether we like it or not. Torturing a born alive kitten however is not legal, just like torturing a born alive infant is not legal. There is also substantial scientific data that people who abuse animals are far more likely to harm other people. Football needs to be the least of Beasley's concerns. He needs big time help and it needs to be demonstrated to him in the strongest manner that this is unacceptable behavior. No slap on the wrist and back to practice will do.

Last edited:
Thanks. Much appreciated in this sea of comments.

My major point is that folks here are talking about derailing this kid's life over a cat.... then being unable or unwilling in most cases to say the same should be done if a player participates in an abortion.

If the right punishment is to kick him off the team... how about deeds that are FAR worse than hurting a cat?

FTR, my younger brother when he was a young boy tried to flush a cat down the toilet. He was seen chasing a cat with a baseball bat... that disappeared. He's never hurt anyone and is a very successful manager of a company in NC. He wasn't a 20 year old... but he didn't turn into a psycho killer either.

Thanks for sharing your story and perspective, sjt18. It helps all of us see where you're coming from. I think in cases like this, there's a sense that you have to trust in what life has ahead for young Mr. Beasley ... but it's probably not to represent the U of T anymore. Yet he can still grow as a human and maybe even play ball elsewhere. If he tried to stay a Vol, it wouldn't be good for him. Shame would follow him everywhere and people would be cruel. His best future is in another place. Let's also remember that those who hurt the innocent were probably hurt themselves in a time of their innocence. We shouldn't put too much hate on this young man without knowing his story; he probably has a lot of pain that drove him to do what he (apparently) did. Let's let the fellow walk through a judicial process, pay whatever debt that society asks of him, learn and grow, and not be an object of our perpetual hate. That sort of outcome is pro life all the way around.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

He's a liability because what he did bothers some of you probably more than it should at this particular point? I keep reminding you guys... we're talking about an ANIMAL. Not a person. If the guy has a pattern of doing things like that then yeah maybe you invite him to be somewhere else. But how many players would be left if they got the boot every time they did something stupid or even mean?

Just an animal, huh? As far as stupid, it depends on what the player dies/did. There are consequences of one’s actions.

This guy needs help! End of story.

This kid needs a good lesson of how that poor helpless animal felt trying to stay alive from such evil treatment!
Kick this piece of ferment out of the State of Tennessee!
Bring his ass to Georgia, I’ve got a way to teach this kid a lesson he will never ever forget......I guarantee he’d never mistreat another helpless animal

View attachment 360963

Wouldn't you doing that to Beasley make you his moral equivalent? He went outside the boundaries of morality...but violent and vengeful vigilantism is likewise outside the boundaries of how just people behave.

I agree PETA sucks and to kowtow to a group like that would not be a good reason to remove him from school. A good reason to remove him from school is if he is guilty of everything he has been accused of.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Thanks. Much appreciated in this sea of comments.

My major point is that folks here are talking about derailing this kid's life over a cat.... then being unable or unwilling in most cases to say the same should be done if a player participates in an abortion.

If the right punishment is to kick him off the team... how about deeds that are FAR worse than hurting a cat?

FTR, my younger brother when he was a young boy tried to flush a cat down the toilet. He was seen chasing a cat with a baseball bat... that disappeared. He's never hurt anyone and is a very successful manager of a company in NC. He wasn't a 20 year old... but he didn't turn into a psycho killer either.
The sickness runs in your family of cowards.

I've seen the word "pattern" mentioned several times in this thread and I'd bet a dollar to a dime that if his past was examined thoroughly you would likely find this wasn't his first act of animal abuse. Actions of this sort usually start at an early age and while I could be wrong I bet I'm not. This is the type of guy who would go after the opposing QB's knees or doing a cheap head shot. That is NOT the quality of player I want representing my university. IMO he is one mentally unstable individual and desperately needs help, just somewhere other that the University of Tennessee.

I’m ashamed you are a Vols and Titans fan. Can’t you find some other teams to root for?

I’m ashamed you are a Vols and Titans fan.

I don't think you know what ashamed means. What you meant to say is "I'm ashamed to be a fan of the same team as you."

But I don't think either are true. I think you are just mindlessly pontificating and decided that anything with animals should be attached with the maximum amount of fake outrage you can type out.

In fact, I don't even think you read that post carefully enough to understand I didn't even say Beasley shouldn't be kicked from the team.

I am shocked and saddened at some of the responses here. I would like to post only a couple of things on the situation:

1- I hope the kitten makes a full recovery, and that either the owner provides a loving and caring home for it, or that the kitten finds itself re-homed to a loving and caring home.

2- I hope the young man that is accused of this heinous action finds and employs the serious help that he needs. In the meantime, his tenure with the Tennessee football program should be terminated by Coach Heupel. You may say that's harsh. I say well, there is always the transfer portal. Good luck to any university wanting to take a chance on a kitten kicking, undersized linebacker.

Seriously, if there was ever more evidence of a culture problem leftover from Forrest Pruitt, this is it. I want the kid to get help. But Heupel has to get rid of him.

No. Perverse is valuing an animal's life over that of a human being. It feels surreal to even have to argue that with someone.
Go back and re-read what I posted, and then explain how you concluded that I am “valuing an animal’s life over that of a human being.”

VN Store

Back