LB Beasley Under Investigation

Whenever I think things can’t get any worse, more insanity comes along to prove me wrong. Nothing will surprise me at this point. 🤦🏼‍♂️

He has to reassert his opinion fifty different times to feel special. I don't know whats worse, him, BoT, sjt or the Mod(s) who feel us calling their BS equivocates to a personal attack. This thread is terrible on so many levels.
You put a lot of time into this so very serious quandary...so your pick! 😎

I think THE hardest task for college football coaching staffs is recruiting bad ass 18 yr olds on the field who can flip the switch and take of business, make grades, stay out of trouble, etc. off the field. BTW, this was harder with the 2020 signing class due to lack of in person visits.

Another very tough task for the HC is deciding when to cut loose an 18-23 yr old young man who has committed some grievance, or two, or three. Or if he keeps the player, what level of penalty. I mean HCs with their heart in the right place, not a win at all cost HC like Urban or Art Briles.

Consider that Coaches are responsible to players and their parent/guardians to help develop a good adult. And large programs have access to counseling and tutors, along with coaches and teammates to mentor. I realize a Coach has to keep discipline, and “protect the brand”. And yeah, the brand protection often involves someone upstairs making the decision. But, he needs to weigh what’s best for the PLAYER’S FUTURE heavily in each situation.

I’m not saying Beasley, IF he abused the kitten, shouldn’t be told to walk. I just think a lot of these coaches’ hyper inflated pay is earned by making the right call in these situations, and it’s not typically as clear cut as many of us think. Peace!
Maybe ESPN will do an Outside the Lines on the difficulty of finding good football players who don't torture kittens. Very needed imo.

Ask yourself which one more likely had it coming. Innocent kitten or El Chapo? 🤔

This is exactly what im talking about.

You know zero about why the guy was attacked but assume he deserved it.

And even if he was selling weed, he deserves to be jumped by a D1 athlete as soon as the door is opened?

Or maybe ESPN will have an OTL about fans who try and convict without facts, and see things only binary.

Nah, know-it-all fans wouldn’t help TV ratings, either.
Most of these posts "convicting" this young man have been qualified with "if it's true" or something similar, so not really convicting him at all, just expressing disgust at the kitten torture, whoever did it, though that obviously doesn't seem to bother everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsSince78
This program is full of absolute morons with few exceptions, even if he is innocent the story is out and it continues to make our team look like a mental asylum
This is not a comment on the actual issue, but your statement. The team is full of morons and it doesn't matter if the allegations are true? So, by your estimation, all it would take is a simple call to a news agency that some atrocity has happened (far worse than ones involving small furry animals) and it proves that the kids on the team are disgusting degenerates? Not really buying into your "logic". Lest the snowflakes on the board think I am anti-animal, I have 5 dogs and 3 cats. If the animal was tortured, then the truth will come out and the person(s) involved should shoulder the punishment; if not, then there are no grounds for making a sweeping statement about the entire team.

Reactions: VAVol85
Disappointed that you are unfazed by someone beating and torturing baby animals for fun. Maybe you should rethink that. I'm not sure that come across as cool as you seem to think it does.
I'm not sure much of what you posted is correct. What's being alledged is much different than "beating and torturing baby animals for fun"

Right now it’s alleged. Nothing in that story indicates otherwise. Let it work.
At the end of the day, problem players usually find a way off the team and out of the program. It's the sports version of the darwin awards.

I'll just ask: choose 120 friends. How many of those friends have ever been accused of breaking into someone's room, assaulting them, and robbing them OR beating a kitten senseless?

Yet of our 120+/-, we have 5 folks now accused of these things.

Coincidence? Or culture?

I'll just ask: choose 120 friends. How many of those friends have ever been accused of breaking into someone's room, assaulting them, and robbing them OR beating a kitten senseless?

Coincidence? Or culture?
Culture!

Coincidence? Or culture?
Except for the kitten thing, a version of that has been happening for as long as I can remember. It just gets blown up when we're losing

Hopefully he accidentally stepped on it and crushed it or something.

If deliberate, he's pretty messed up and should be booted off campus. That's some early serial killer type behavior.

Please put the animal down.

Maybe she should, but in the perception department, it seems soon and like a possible red flag. May not turn out that way, but with a lack of information, it sways thoughts and provides a reason not to jump to conclusions regarding the accused. Also, if you cannot afford vet bills, you may not need to own a pet. That puts the pet in a perilous situation where finances may drastically alter its likelihood of survival.
She probably can afford regular vet bills but I doubt she was planning on the cat getting attacked and suffering brain damage. A lot of these rescue animals are in bad situations when they are adopted, so even if the owner isn’t wealthy, the animal is typically still going to be in a much situation once adopted. Gofundme fills a need for weird, unexpected instances such as this. UT was never mentioned in the Gofundme, so I don’t see how she’s trying to just make money off the publicity. Would you say that people shouldn’t have kids unless they have hundreds of thousands of dollars saved up for a worst case medical condition?

This is exactly what im talking about.

You know zero about why the guy was attacked but assume he deserved it.

And even if he was selling weed, he deserves to be jumped by a D1 athlete as soon as the door is opened?
Once again...which one? Mittens or Jesse Pinkman?

She probably can afford regular vet bills but I doubt she was planning on the cat getting attacked and suffering brain damage. A lot of these rescue animals are in bad situations when they are adopted, so even if the owner isn’t wealthy, the animal is typically still going to be in a much situation once adopted. Gofundme fills a need for weird, unexpected instances such as this. UT was never mentioned in the Gofundme, so I don’t see how she’s trying to just make money off the publicity. Would you say that people shouldn’t have kids unless they have hundreds of thousands of dollars saved up for a worst case medical condition?
Yes.

I'm not sure much of what you posted is correct. What's being alledged is much different than "beating and torturing baby animals for fun"
It was alleged that he threw the kitten in a toilet and closed the lid, held the kitten up by the tail, and that the cat has been severely injured, including brain and internal organs. True or not, I can't say. But I can say that I am against treating an animal that way. I can't think of anything that justifies it. The poster didn't say he didn't believe it. He said he was good with it.

VN Store

Back