Latest Tweet by Hyams: Lawson may be candidate

Maybe Walz is back on the table. Lol. I know I’m beating a dead horse, but this search is killing me. Thinking back when Holly was first fired,who were the coaches that could return us to an “elite” status? Did or does Fulmer have a list of potentials before the firing? Some of us have had lists for the last three years. :) When I saw Fulmer’s comment at the beginning of the search I wasn’t necessarily thinking Walz, but I was thinking this was going to be someone big. Now we’re talking to Amanda Butler and Nikki Fargas ? If you have someone you are leery about, you tell them that at the interview. “I don’t care what you have done at other schools but here at UT we play by the book. Nothing the least bit questionable. If you do you are gone” If coach agrees you hold them to it.
There's a male coach out there that's a wildcard in the Lady Vols search. My understanding is he's currently a head coach. No name given for this person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
Do people on this board vote for president? How do you vote for anyone that isn't any incumbent? They've never done the job before!

Before anyone considers traitor self serving Kara Lawson for any job at Tennessee please view every lady vols game where she was a commentator. In my view she was completely negatively biased and even hateful towards Tennessee ladies in every broadcast she was ever part of. I suspect she was out to prove to broadcast networks how "unbiased" she could be. All she proved to me was she had a bitterness toward her former team and hated us. Can't stand the sight of Kara Lawson and she may be a complete traitor to the Tennessee program. Just watch and listen if you think me wrong!

Reactions: cutiepie5
Before anyone considers traitor self serving Kara Lawson for any job at Tennessee please view every lady vols game where she was a commentator. In my view she was completely negatively biased and even hateful towards Tennessee ladies in every broadcast she was ever part of. I suspect she was out to prove to broadcast networks how "unbiased" she could be. All she proved to me was she had a bitterness toward her former team and hated us. Can't stand the sight of Kara Lawson and she may be a complete traitor to the Tennessee program. Just watch and listen if you think me wrong!

She was only doing her job. She told it like it was. This team has deep problems and we all know it

It's called the Bilas/Herbstreit syndrome. You might want to find a way to cope because......

Reactions: mlindsay and Ratvol
I actually thought she was just being honest

In my view, she was calling it they way that she saw it. I actually appreciate the fact that, over the years, she's offered constructive critiques of the poor product on the court. What do you want her to do? To me, she would be showing more bias if she didn't ANALYZE what sees while commentating.

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo....done to the tune of the Twilight Zone lead in song.

Is the moon full? The crazies are definitely out in force tonight. :rolleyes:

Kara a “traitor” because she makes honest, grown-up, professional assessments on what she sees on the court instead of acting like a silly fangirl who’s incapable of seeing/speaking the truth? Ridiculous!

Yes, over the years it has sometimes been difficult for us fans to hear the hard truth from Kara, but I’ve always respected the hell out of her professionalism. The fact that Kara is so doggedly determined to be so truthful and authentic are two of her best qualities as a journalist. Of course it hurts to hear the truth sometimes! But better that than be treated like we’re too immature to accept it.

I believe Kara Lawson’s no-nonsense, honest approach to processing what she sees will serve her extremely well in the coaching world. Given the opportunity, I believe she’d be wildly successful as the head coach of the Lady Vols.

To be honest, it bothered me at first and then I got over it knowing that she had to be as unbiased as possible to further her career. It isn't as if she was telling lies and throwing Tennessee under the bus. She just wasn't blowing smoke up everyone's backside.

Maybe she was disgusted as to what she was watching and was calling it the way she saw it.

😴

61J1YaIGpxL._SX425_.jpg

should have stayed with 2 posts in 5 years

So because she didn't worship at the house of holly, shes a traitor?

VN Store

Back