Latest Tweet by Hyams: Lawson may be candidate

LOL, it just gets better. So what if the passionate advocates for keeping it in the family get a family fight?

Lawson is probably the one person in the known universe without coaching experience I would consider as a viable option. Especially if a star hire is ruled out and the other options are mid majors with fair to middling 15 yr records. Love Kellie, but if she hasn't been exceptional so far, she probably isn't going to be. She might be, given the upgrade in facilities and roster she would inherit, but she or any other up and comer are definitely a gamble.

SO if you're going to gamble, I'd take Lawson over Harper. I believe she would bring a level of excitement, energy, and interest that Kellie would not. I also believe she's not interested.

I'm increasingly believing the poster from the other day who said KJH is a done deal and will be announced Friday. Will get a sign of relief from Louisville, a meh from media, a hallelujah from the woman only crowd, and a shaky we'll wait to see from the rest of us.

KJH's tourney run - the gift that keeps on giving for Fulmer.

Why in the hell would Lawson want to come here? She has it made.... I'll say this again had Harper never played at UT none of you would want her as HC, she's a great advocate for UT but this job is too big for her.

I agree that Lawson has a good job and respect from the basketball gods....
However, doesn’t she have to travel a lot?
Not so conducive to a family life ! Just saying

I can remember my traveling days . At first it is great! Expense reports , staying in fine hotels , eating out at restaurants, going to BB games . What’s not to like ?

YOUR own bed... normalcies of daily living, eating food that is not fried or FAST FOOD!
Living out of a walk in closet instead of a suitcase. Walking around a house, Condo, or apartment verses a 400 square foot room!

Believe me I could go on and on . It does get old. That being said : some people make a lifetime living like this ! It got old for me ! Just saying.

The only names that have officially been leaked have been former Lady Vols. What if that's by design to make the people pushing to keep it in the family happy while Fulmer talks to other coaches about the job?
Only to pull the rug on them and hire a M-A-N they already didn't like? For reals?

I am on board with either of 'em. I'm not on board with being a negation ploy by another name mentioned.

So, Jeff Walz, a highly successful current HC isn’t in play, but, a former player with no head coaching experience is? Makes perfect sense.
I'm picturing a future LV/Louisville game. The Mid Major Middlin' vs. the Superstar Too Unethical for an Interview. Ouch.

On the other hand, if Walz mania was just to get Walz a raise (he did this a few yrs back, alot of coaches do) maybe he really is that icky guy. The ploy threw a grenade into the very beginning of the search, skyrocketed crazed fan expectations, and set Fulmer up to look like he's going cheap if a big hire doesn't happen. LOL maybe he's getting us back for doubting his ethics all these year.

Last edited:
I usually don't put my 2 cents worth in because my thoughts are only worth a penny but these 2 choices cant be the route PF is going can it? This job is 1 of the most premium jobs in wbb!! There has got to be better canidates for the position than a mid level coach with a unimpressive record or someone with no head coaching experience,or is all that matters is they're cheap,a female and former player ?

Last edited:
Sources: Candidates for MTV's next wife are Gillian Anderson, Cindy Crawford and Naomi Watts, though some said none are interested.

Great news. She's my top candidate!

Raoul said he may be interested if the price is right.

He does come with a high buyout clause, so beware.

Lawson makes no sense, with no coaching experience, but for this program she probably does.....

Kellie seems the far more logical choice, so it can't be her, or can it?

Coaching searches here are always interesting...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back