Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You don't find it strange that all of these record breaking outbreaks are occurring after the vaccines have been released?

Is that a coincidence or is there something to it?

It’s how viruses work. Expected this to happen.

If the new strain were both more transmissible and more problematic, then there would be cause for concern.

Where to even start…

We know that stopping superspreader events does limit COVID transmission. We know masks do aid in limiting transmission. We know boosters and vaccines do both limit transmission and reduce the severity of the virus if you catch it.

Are we more open than we were last year? Is there more sporting activity going on? We can slowly loosen restrictions but there are going to be fluctuations that will require countermeasures.

We are encroaching a million Americans lost, I’m sorry you are being inconvenienced but I doubt you are a frontline healthcare worker because most of the people complaining seem to not have a clue what’s going on or what actual science dictates.
Most of the people being let go for refusing the vaccine are front line health care workers. There was an article today that said the people who make the rules are considering backing up because they are losing so many front line health care workers. And to the rest of your remarks, Florida says hello. It’s not about my being inconvenienced. It’s about my inconveniencing being caused by the knee jerk whims of people trying not to upset the mob, or just trying any arbitrary measure because they don’t know what else to do.

Reactions: FïreBall
Most of the people being let go for refusing the vaccine are front line health care workers. There was an article today that said the people who make the rules are considering backing up because they are losing so many front line health care workers. And to the rest of your remarks, Florida says hello. It’s not about my being inconvenienced. It’s about my inconveniencing being caused by the knee jerk whims of people trying not to upset the mob, or just trying any arbitrary measure because they don’t know what else to do.
I'm a fontline worker and disagree with a lot of what's being posted by the other poster. I also visit many facilities with my work. I can 💯 say the numbers are skewed as well.. But we have a thread in another forum for this..

GoVols! Hope everyone is drinking a boilermaker after the game!

Because politics has unfortunately been injected into deciding how to deal with COVID in this country. Most other nations there really isn’t a debate (at least not as big of one) as it is here in the US.

And that’s like saying I found a scientist against Climate Change even though the vast majority purport it.

And wth do you mean by mob? From what I can tell the ones throwing a fit in grocery stores, abusing people, and making a fool of themselves generally are the ones who don’t believe COVID is an issue.

It has nothing to do with science. It's just a "mechanism".

Watch: Fauci Admits Mandates Are "Just A Mechanism" To Get More People Vaccinated | ZeroHedge

Wow, the nerve of an 81 year old man saying we will have other years to celebrate. Each and every last one of us I'd day to day. I really want one of these civilians to justify that comment.

He’ll also go to a New Years party with 100 other elites without batting an eye. He is a lying tyrant and nothing more

Because politics has unfortunately been injected into deciding how to deal with COVID in this country. Most other nations there really isn’t a debate (at least not as big of one) as it is here in the US.

And that’s like saying I found a scientist against Climate Change even though the vast majority purport it.

And wth do you mean by mob? From what I can tell the ones throwing a fit in grocery stores, abusing people, and making a fool of themselves generally are the ones who don’t believe COVID is an issue.
The lady on the plane who has become famous in recent days was arrested for abusing an elderly man who wouldn’t put his mask on. So this thing goes both ways. There are tons of viral videos of self appointed mask policemen harassing others.

The lady on the plane who has become famous in recent days was arrested for abusing an elderly man who wouldn’t put his mask on. So this thing goes both ways. There are tons of viral videos of self appointed mask policemen harassing others.

Not near as many as people abusing healthcare workers, other essential workers, etc.

I’m not for violence on either side.

You mentioned the healthcare vaccine mandate and that absolutely should be in place.

It’s one thing if a random person on the street doesn’t want to take it versus someone who is going to be treating patients. Major liability issue.

Plus I think it’s hilarious how many get the flu vaccine every year and yet throw a fit about getting the COVID vaccine.

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
Because no-one is at risk of anything but we've been living in a bizzarro world for two years now. I think some people actually enjoy the chaos of everything which is nuts. There was no reason to cancel this or any other bowl.
Agree. This virus is going to spread and there’s nothing we can do about it. Our lives have been screwed up for 2 years now. Canceling a football game won’t help anyone or anything.

Reactions: Fightmaker
As someone who works in Public Health, please go to a hospital and tell that to those breathing their final, labored breaths.

Clearly this is something we are going to have to deal with long term and yes we do have to adjust to living with the virus. But we don’t need superspreader events when we have variants we know little about.

Life is more important than a football game

Game cancelled because of a few positive tests, which are not totally accurate. AND, why did ucla not play the game; sideline the affected players (IF they actually had symptoms) You had fans going across the Country and you cancel the morning of the game? I'd like to know the condition of those you refer to Breathing their last breaths; like age, and health issues. It has been proven from the start that the Young & Healthy had basically zero risk with this crap; except for Heart Inflammation ect from the jab. I have medical personnel in my Family, (Dr's, Rn's, Anesthesiologist) and I make it a point to be informed. By the way
"Asymptomatic" cannot transfer a virus.

As someone who works in Public Health, please go to a hospital and tell that to those breathing their final, labored breaths.

Clearly this is something we are going to have to deal with long term and yes we do have to adjust to living with the virus. But we don’t need superspreader events when we have variants we know little about.

Life is more important than a football game
Lol us hospital workers think this is overblown too. You should talk to some

Players used to play through flu, sweats, fever. No more. I did tell my wife just yesterday that I was stupid for ever going into office with a fever (pre Covid). Different world.

Let’s just be sure we’re treating patients early before they need hospitalization. My uncle just died in hospital and they didn’t do crap to treat him (which is typical).

NO. They aren't treating people; just letting them die on Vents. More Money that way. People had better find a good honest Doctor that will treat them Early with the Proper Meds as an outpatient! Hospitals are not the place to be. Ivermectin is actually being DENIED as a treatment option! Remdisivir----burns up the kidneys. But that is the fauci/fda official covid drug protocol. And they pay Bonus Money to the Hospitals to use only that! Now any level headed honest person on here-----Ponder That! Quercetin, Zinc, C, D, E combination supplements are great immune boosters. Worked well for me since this thing appeared.

But we also know that cancelling sporting events does not stop Covid. We know that requiring everyone in a grocery store to wear a mask does not stop Covid. We know that shutting down restaurants does not stop Covid. We know that changing presidents does not stop Covid. And last, but certainly not least, we know that having a variety of vaccines and boosters does not stop Covid. We know this, because we’ve spent almost two years doing these things, and we still have all of the same problems. So how long would you suggest that we continue doing more of the same things, while depriving people of living their lives in whatever way they see fit?
DITTO, I COULDN'T HAVE SAID UT BETTER MYSELF!

Lol us hospital workers think this is overblown too. You should talk to some

Exactly. People act like nobody got sick and died before covid. There were 200k Deaths in the US from the Flu in 2019; and the world never noticed. Now, we don't even hear about the flu. I think the CDC stopped counting the flu, and labels everything covid. They do have an inflationary agenda with the numbers; calling auto accidents covid. Sickening; whats going on.

Reactions: OldVolMan

VN Store

Back