Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

But you have to trust the science.

And by science I mean some bureaucrat.

And by bureaucrat I mean someone with absolutely no data to back up their opinion.

And by opinion I mean completely unelected, not empowered to pass their opinion off as a federal mandate for the nation.

Trust the science!

Exactly!!! Hopefully people are smarter next time......but I doubt it.

Reactions: AM64
I was at the beach last week that was pretty sparse, and there was one black guy who was walking on the beach by himself with a mask on. I can’t imagine having that mindset.
We were at the beach a couple weeks ago and an Asian family came to the pool all wearing masks. If they are concerned about stereotypes and mistreatment I don’t think gestures like that help.

My FIL and I got on the elevator with a guy wearing an N95 type mask and the dude turned his body to face into the corner. Buddy I can assure you the virus can find its way over there. I don’t understand why these people are taking unnecessary trips if they’re so fearful.

Be careful... your US govt may have a hand in helping create it, also.

That's the issue that the media hasn't debated yet. It seems to be apparent that we sent the lab money and I think it's likely that it went to gain of function research on bat viruses, despite what Fauci says.

Should we be doing gain of function research? I'm leaning against that right now bit I don't think I'm educated enough on the subject to definitively say but I know one thing...if we're funding this sort of research it cannot be in a closed country like China. Why are we sending money for any kind of research in a place where our scientists can't come and go as they please? I hope we've at least learned that in all of this. If China is going to close off a lab we helped fund then we have to stop funding it and never send them money again until their country opens up

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
We were at the beach a couple weeks ago and an Asian family came to the pool all wearing masks. If they are concerned about stereotypes and mistreatment I don’t think gestures like that help.

My FIL and I got on the elevator with a guy wearing an N95 type mask and the dude turned his body to face into the corner. Buddy I can assure you the virus can find its way over there. I don’t understand why these people are taking unnecessary trips if they’re so fearful.

This has always been one of the things that makes me laugh.

This virus is so deadly and contagious that a person thinks they need to wear a mask, but not so deadly and contagious as to believe that person is going to give up their trip to Starbucks.

That headline is a little misleading. This is about people with a previous history of MS:

A 28-year-old woman developed the first clinical manifestation of relapsing MS after vaccination with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (BNT162b2, Comirnaty©, BioNTech/Pfizer). Six days after the initially well-tolerated first immunization, she began to develop left abdominal neuropathic pain, sensory impairment below the T6 level, with hypoesthesia of right abdominal wall and genital regions, and left leg paresis. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the spinal cord on day 18 after vaccination showed a contrast-enhancing lesion at the T6 level, suggestive of myelitis, and cerebral MRI revealed multiple (> 20), partially confluent lesions with spatial dissemination but no Gadolinium enhancement.

This is important:

We are not aware of any published cases of initial MS manifestation after vaccination with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.

Let's not lose sight of the facts here. Let's go where the facts lead us. This article is about whether MS patients should get the vax. That's it

Has anyone been following the Rebekah Jones Florida reporting dashboard controversy? National Review has produced a series of great pieces completely dismantling her lies. Jack Crowe has a piece today (unfortunately behind the paywall) about Jones and her toadies attacking a doctoral student at FAU because he dared to question her conclusions. She went so far as accusing him and his adviser of sexual harassment, prompting a Title IX investigation.

Study Finds Face Masks Didn't Slow Spread Of Covid-19

I'm sure there will be more and more of these come out over the next year or two. This is a study from the University of Louisville that concludes that masks didn't help stop the spread of COVID. Mask usage was nothing more than a guess by the so called experts that provided nothing more than a false sense of security.
Probably why I got covid with a mask on... go figure.

Reactions: norrislakevol
That's the issue that the media hasn't debated yet. It seems to be apparent that we sent the lab money and I think it's likely that it went to gain of function research on bat viruses, despite what Fauci says.

Should we be doing gain of function research? I'm leaning against that right now bit I don't think I'm educated enough on the subject to definitively say but I know one thing...if we're funding this sort of research it cannot be in a closed country like China. Why are we sending money for any kind of research in a place where our scientists can't come and go as they please? I hope we've at least learned that in all of this. If China is going to close off a lab we helped fund then we have to stop funding it and never send them money again until their country opens up

Every time I think about this research my mind comes up with it is wrong. Prohibiting some research isn't like what went on in the Dark Ages - anti-science as a result of mysticism and religion which becomes my first thought when going against research. Rather this is like kids playing with matches - they don't intend to burn the place down - they just don't have the wherewithal to manage the situation when it gets out of control; and covid is a far worse situation. Research with something like smallpox is serious, but there's a history, and we have a world population largely immunized and the disease generally eradicated through immunization. Playing with something which basically doesn't threaten humankind, for which humans have no natural immunity, and without a means to protect contain and potentiate the threat if released is criminally stupid. This is one of the times that you realize the Chinese mentality for meddling as a child while protected by a dictatorial regime actually threatens the entire world.

The covid pandemic almost certainly originated in the Wuhan lab; whether it was an accidental or intentional release is the question - I believe accidental. Why it was even being studied is the more serious question. Scientific research gone wrong or state funded biological weapon research - or potentially naive researchers led into risky research by a state which might then weaponize the result.

Reactions: RavinDave
Note the word "first". Even if it is due to the vaccine, a big if, what's the risk of brain damage if you get the virus? Apparently pretty great:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/new...-of-brain-tissue-dr-scott-gottlieb-warns.html

No thanks. I'll take my chances with the vaccine
Unfortunately covid causes clotting disorders. In the beginning cdc advised against anticoagulants and the result was thousands of ischemic strokes in ICU pts. I watched several throw clots everywhere and it killed quite a few. Then I got covid and anticoagulated myself.
Something about a huge health organization missing that liver enzymes are so out of wack that blood dyscrasias are a distinct possibility and advising against anticoagulation just kinda rubs me the wrong way on taking their advice.

VN Store

Back