Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

For standard health operations, yes. For pandemics, no.

Yes for pandemics. Other than the temp hospital set ups the existing (state controlled) facilities and personnel handle the HC delivery. The states procure PPE and other supplies. The states administer testing. The Feds assist, provide guidance and some resources ($) all of which happened and is happening.

Yes for pandemics. Other than the temp hospital set ups the existing (state controlled) facilities and personnel handle the HC delivery. The states procure PPE and other supplies. The states administer testing. The Feds assist, provide guidance and some resources ($) all of which happened and is happening.

The feds are meant to be the front line contact tracers, investigators and coordinators for pandemics. I think everyone can agree that didn’t happen.

The feds are meant to be the front line contact tracers, investigators and coordinators for pandemics. I think everyone can agree that didn’t happen.

where are you getting this and what do you mean by front line? How many employees do you think it would take for the Feds to be the front line?

What does "investigators" mean and what are they not investigating?

not when there were thousands of false positives, and also people who were listed as such when no COVID test was even performed
Thousands.???? In most instances people are giving other peoples information when getting tested. If they confirmed ID's, that would stop. There are people that died of Covid and not listed as a Covid death too.

Thousands.???? In most instances people are giving other peoples information when getting tested. If they confirmed ID's, that would stop. There are people that died of Covid and not listed as a Covid death too.
Early on, several testing sites/methods outside of hospitals were not reliable and had multiple false positives...also some states (with terrible leadership/logistical planning) were counting multiple COVID positive tests by the same person as a different positive account again and again.

Example, Joe Blow is in hospital and gets tested for COVID and is positive, he is sick and stays in ICU for 38 days. They test him 10-15 times and he dies at Day 40....that positive number of tests was being counted as 15-20 different COVID cases and deaths. It took months before this was corrected and in some states, have never been corrected

Reactions: AM64
It's a shame you wanna discriminate against black people by requiring IDs to note who is positive.

Seems to be some weird numbers dumping lately.

Virginia posted highest single day death total yesterday. It was not consistent with any previous reporting. Then Arky drops 140 today. 4x higher than their highest daily reporting from any other day.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
where are you getting this and what do you mean by front line? How many employees do you think it would take for the Feds to be the front line?

What does "investigators" mean and what are they not investigating?

Do you think they are stagnant office-dwellers who wait for infections or health problems to hit home? No, they survey for information, look for trends, follow leads... otherwise known as investigation.

You can find it all here ,dig in:

National Pandemic Strategy | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

Why would you go to get a test and give someone else’s info..... they do believe that there are significant amount of false positives/negatives from these tests..... as for deaths, they count every death that can potentially be counted as a covid death bc they get paid for it..... I’m sure there has been some missed as well

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Why would you go to get a test and give someone else’s info..... they do believe that there are significant amount of false positives/negatives from these tests..... as for deaths, they count every death that can potentially be counted as a covid death bc they get paid for it..... I’m sure there has been some missed as well

What additional money is offered due to the death? Why a motivation to call deaths COVID? I don't see that in the reimbursement tiers.

@kiddiedoc

Any more Recent research or information on COVID and Kawakaki disease?
Technically, we are calling it Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C), now. It does share many features with KD, but there are differences, as well. Very uncommon (<<1% of CV+ children), overall mortality around 1%, and I do not believe there has been a confirmed case in our area, yet. Treatment is similar to KD: IV immunoglobulin, aspirin, occ steroids, antiviral if still PCR+, but it is usually regarded as a "post-infectious" process.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about?

Substantially more than the 21,000 they have employed. The front line is at the local and state levels for that reason.

Technically, we are calling it Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C), now. It does share many features with KD, but there are differences, as well. Very uncommon (<<1% of CV+ children), overall mortality around 1%, and I do not believe there has been a confirmed case in our area, yet. Treatment is similar to KD: IV immunoglobulin, aspirin, occ steroids, antiviral if still PCR+, but it is usually regarded as a "post-infectious" process.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about?

That was pretty much it. I hadn’t seen or heard much about it since earlier in the summer.

What additional money is offered due to the death? Why a motivation to call deaths COVID? I don't see that in the reimbursement tiers.
I’m not exactly for certain but I know that the hospital system that I am attached to pushes to get a coronavirus diagnosis for financial reasons..... I assume that leads also up to death bc I cannot figure out any other reason they would claim a car wreck victim as a covid death....I’m not a doctor but I do have an NPI number with my profession so I get info sent to me that tells me not to miss out on the financial gain that can be made from coronavirus care.

US is still full of them
giphy.gif

I have pre-existing conditions at 59. I am active and exercising 5 plus days a week. If I get Covid and pass away it is irrelevant whether I had pre-existing conditions. I still would have died from Covid. I do believe there may be over counting of Covid deaths but it is immaterial when considering the nearly 200k who have died. Please provide the source for the 25% over counting of deaths. Studies are a dime a dozen and many are conducted with an agenda in mind.
Look at the deaths when states started to break down the Chinese virus deaths. Not hard to find really. It's been in the news that if someone tested positive for the Chinese virus but was shot to death they still listed the virus on the death certificate. That gets counted towards this 200k number. That means the numbers are fudged which then raises the question how many people have actually died from the virus. Going by cdc it's 10k

VN Store

Back