Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

AM64

We have the smallest number of COVID positive patients we've had in months and even then only a couple are in "serious" condition
It's a researcher's nightmare. So many different things may be responsible for increases and decreases; you can't reliably isolate and measure the effect of any as I see it. The other factor is time. Transmitting and receiving a virus isn't like flipping a switch to verify a light comes on, so you are often left wondering what was the initiating event when you can't even identify all the potentials. The other big factor is what I consider momentum. The increase in cases will increase regardless of measures taken because there are already cases in the pipeline. It's like trying to apply control and feedback theory when you can't quantify the inputs or adequately measure the variables.

AM64

And you would be wrong. The 1st Amendment exists because of the essential need for a free press to serve as a check against public corruption.
I get that, and I absolutely agree with the concept. However, if the very people charged with ensuring against public corruption can't be trusted because their output is opinion based on their own political bias, then what purpose does the press actually serve? Isn't this essentially your position with respect to the police and BLM? That the people charged with ensuring our safety act on a basis of racial bias; therefore, the system is fraudulent, out of control, and basically criminal in nature? You see reform necessary in one instance, and I see similar abuse and the need for reform in another.

titansvolsfaninga

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV
Wtf? He isnt a scientist. How dare he.
he is giving factual information. people can't safely work in the middle of a pandemic. You can't pick and choose whom you listen too (you actually can) however I will listen to experts. Epidemiologist have been saying to wear a mask. Some people refuse to wear a mask because wearing a mask is oppression.
With that said, I can almost certainly say that anyone who thinks that wearing a mask is oppression, has never truly been oppressed. If the worst thing to happen in your life is wearing a mask, you are having a pretty good life.

allvol123

he is giving factual information. people can't safely work in the middle of a pandemic. You can't pick and choose whom you listen too (you actually can) however I will listen to experts. Epidemiologist have been saying to wear a mask. Some people refuse to wear a mask because wearing a mask is oppression.
With that said, I can almost certainly say that anyone who thinks that wearing a mask is oppression, has never truly been oppressed. If the worst thing to happen in your life is wearing a mask, you are having a pretty good life.
Is he?

Who has stricter mandates on masks? Sweden, California, New York?

Who has a more open economy right now? Sweden, California, or New York?

Also, wtf do you mean people cant safely work in a pandemic? My wife and I both work and have missed a grand total of 8 days during the pandemic.

Orangeburst

The overwhelming majority of Americans have a good life and need to remember that. It can be worse...a lot worse. Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

ABINGDON VOL FAN

Does she really? Because Kayleigh McEnany was also asked last week if Donald Trump was correct for playing down the virus. Her response was, "The president didn't downplay the virus,". Of course, on Woodward's tapes, Trump is specifically heard saying that he did play down the virus. McEnany does a lot of gaslighting.
Actually Trump stated he was not wanting to create a panic when he sought to downplay or temper the effect it would have on the economy and public perception. . In reality Trump did not downplay the virus. He banned travel from China much to the chagrin of the left. He declared a National Emergency early on. The expected cases and death count possibilities were represented almost daily in the Covid task force briefings in which Trump was present many times. He endorsed closing down segments of the economy on the advice of the scientific community. At no time was the public in the dark of the seriousness of Covid’s effect in our way of life. Trump could have expressed himself better in the Woodward interviews but to state he lied to the American public is just election year politics and inaccurate.

titansvolsfaninga

Is he?

Who has stricter mandates on masks? Sweden, California, New York?

Who has a more open economy right now? Sweden, California, or New York?

Also, wtf do you mean people cant safely work in a pandemic? My wife and I both work and have missed a grand total of 8 days during the pandemic.
Some places are not open to full capacity. I mean I have not missed any days during the pandemic either, but I work from home. My wife works from home, kids do learning from home. But healthcare workers are at greater risk treating Covid because masks are a form of oppression.

People keep throwing Sweden out. No one is ready for the amount of death that the US would have to endure to achieve herd "mentality". Do you know how many people would need to be infected with the virus before that is achieved?

Orangeburst

We can all agree that a mask is not oppressive....just like a seat belt or helmet. It is for safety.
We better think a new strategy cause if this thing mutates it aint ever going way and I aint gonna wear a mask the rest of my life. In fact calling on account I touch my face more than I would ever without.

LouderVol

Last of XVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some places are not open to full capacity. I mean I have not missed any days during the pandemic either, but I work from home. My wife works from home, kids do learning from home. But healthcare workers are at greater risk treating Covid because masks are a form of oppression.

People keep throwing Sweden out. No one is ready for the amount of death that the US would have to endure to achieve herd "mentality". Do you know how many people would need to be infected with the virus before that is achieved?
I am pretty sure their deaths per million was within 10 of ours. Like 530 something to 540 something. So I think we would "handle" that amount of death just fine.

allvol123

We dont work from home.

The US and Sweden are already in the same range in terms of deaths per million. So evidently we can endure. Many just stupidly interpreted elongating this process as a better outcome. It wasnt.

Again, his tweet was incorrect. Masks are not required to get the economy reopened. Just people with resiliency and common sense.

titansvolsfaninga

We dont work from home.

The US and Sweden are already in the same range in terms of deaths per million. So evidently we can endure. Many just stupidly interpreted elongating this process as a better outcome. It wasnt.

Again, his tweet was incorrect. Masks are not required to get the economy reopened. Just people with resiliency and common sense.
Again, there are neither in the US. You've got an entire segment of the population that believe that children are being killed so that their blood can be drank.

0nelilreb

Don’t ask if you don’t want the truth .
Again, there are neither in the US. You've got an entire segment of the population that believe that children are being killed so that their blood can be drank.
That’s nothing we have an entire segment that thinks black , white and Hispanic cops are running around killing black people because of race . 🤷‍♂️

Rickyvol77

You also have a segment of the population who believe Breanna Taylor and Jacob Blake were shot by police only because they were black too

BowlBrother85

1 star recruit
Actually Trump stated he was not wanting to create a panic when he sought to downplay or temper the effect it would have on the economy and public perception. . In reality Trump did not downplay the virus. He banned travel from China much to the chagrin of the left. He declared a National Emergency early on. The expected cases and death count possibilities were represented almost daily in the Covid task force briefings in which Trump was present many times. He endorsed closing down segments of the economy on the advice of the scientific community. At no time was the public in the dark of the seriousness of Covid’s effect in our way of life. Trump could have expressed himself better in the Woodward interviews but to state he lied to the American public is just election year politics and inaccurate.
In reality, Trump did downplay the virus and specifically admitted to doing so during a recorded interview. You have spin. I have a recorded conversation and Trump's exact words.

VN Store

Sponsors