Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

And it spills into the onsite learning. After doing homework with my 9th grader tonight, I want to punch some education folk.

There is no paper and books anymore. It is pictures of quizzes and tests and endless amounts of checking this box and that box on a site saying you completed X. They might as well just send all the teachers to retirement at this point. F***.
Don't even get me started. My straight A kid tried multiple times to submit his Chromebook homework Thursday, with multiple "failed submission" responses. We asked him to show his teacher Friday morning, and when he did, it was all erased from the portal.

The answer? He got a zero, and she is going to help him figure out how to do it in the future.

My kid is in tears daily from this online BS. At first it was all fun and games and sleeping in and doing work at night. Now he is actually begging to go back into school, which is crazy for him.

Everybody is over it. What we are doing to our kids over a virus that really isn’t that bad is pure insanity.

And it spills into the onsite learning. After doing homework with my 9th grader tonight, I want to punch some education folk.

There is no paper and books anymore. It is pictures of quizzes and tests and endless amounts of checking this box and that box on a site saying you completed X. They might as well just send all the teachers to retirement at this point. F***.

At the end of all this somebody needs to remind these teachers how “essential” they really were when unions start asking for raises.

My 6th grader gets two 10 minute videos from his teachers a week and then I’m helping the rest of the time and doing the teaching in between my online work meetings and working from home.

No, but I’ve heard people complain about it.... several years back though. I’ve checked out a few tourneys at Wilson Central and Father Ryan
Those are the mid TN powerhouses (or at least they were pre-china virus)... if these guys rumble this Dec/Jan I will be there with a TENNESSEE hat and shirt. Mad respect for the Simpsons.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Those are the mid TN powerhouses (or at least they were pre-china virus)... if these guys rumble this Dec/Jan I will be there with a TENNESSEE hat and shirt. Mad respect for the Simpsons.
The coach at Wilson Central is very good and has them in the mix every year..... It’s amazing what the Simpsons have done at FR

Reactions: StarRaider
My kid is in tears daily from this online BS. At first it was all fun and games and sleeping in and doing work at night. Now he is actually begging to go back into school, which is crazy for him.

Everybody is over it. What we are doing to our kids over a virus that really isn’t that bad is pure insanity.
agreed, glad my daughter is out of school

Last edited:
Reactions: tntar heel
He said it publicly. Multiple times. Why is it “news” now?

As is often the case with Donald Trump, it boils down to hypocrisy. Trump was very critical of the Chinese government on March 25th for not being forthright with his administration on how serious the threat of the Coronavirus was to the public:

"I wish they could have told us earlier about what was going on inside. We didn't know about it until it started coming out publicly, but I wish they could have told us earlier about it because we could have come up with a solution." - President Donald Trump, on March 25th.

Now, we have Donald Trump admitting on an audio recording that he downplayed the threat of the Coronavirus to his people as well. For the record, President Xi Jinping of China, has also cited "not wanting to create a panic" as an excuse for downplaying the virus. So, it's okay for Trump to downplay the virus to guard against a panic, but it's not okay for the Chinese President to do the same thing? You know what you get when you have governments all over the world not playing it straight with their citizens during a pandemic? A lot of sick people.

... and how does Trump handle the next crisis now that he has shot his credibility? The possibility that he is just trying to avoid a panic when he reassures the American people will always be there.

As is often the case with Donald Trump, it boils down to hypocrisy. Trump was very critical of the Chinese government on March 25th for not being forthright with his administration on how serious the threat of the Coronavirus was to the public:

"I wish they could have told us earlier about what was going on inside. We didn't know about it until it started coming out publicly, but I wish they could have told us earlier about it because we could have come up with a solution." - President Donald Trump, on March 25th.

Now, we have Donald Trump admitting on an audio recording that he downplayed the threat of the Coronavirus to his people as well. For the record, President Xi Jinping of China, has also cited "not wanting to create a panic" as an excuse for downplaying the virus. So, it's okay for Trump to downplay the virus to guard against a panic, but it's not okay for the Chinese President to do the same thing? You know what you get when you have governments all over the world not playing it straight with their citizens during a pandemic? A lot of sick people.

... and how does Trump handle the next crisis now that he has shot his credibility? The possibility that he is just trying to avoid a panic when he reassures the American people will always be there.
Prayers with you for surgery.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Don't even get me started. My straight A kid tried multiple times to submit his Chromebook homework Thursday, with multiple "failed submission" responses. We asked him to show his teacher Friday morning, and when he did, it was all erased from the portal.

The answer? He got a zero, and she is going to help him figure out how to do it in the future.
My daughter started taking pitchers with her phone before she hit submit because she got tired of redoing it. She also takes a Picture of the beginning of class because they kept saying she wasn't logged in.

My daughter started taking pitchers with her phone before she hit submit because she got tired of redoing it. She also takes a Picture of the beginning of class because they kept saying she wasn't logged in.
It's bad enough doing these digital meetings with adults, getting paid to be there, with professional services, and dedicated IT departments. Cant imagine what it's like for kids.

It is insane. It would be hard to imagine how they could execute this more poorly.

VN Store

Back