Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

What does it matter that Trump made a campaign promise that he had no intention of even working toward? That says a lot... without saying anything.

Do you realize how many words you are going to be force fed if Biden wins ? I’m just saying .. you may want to pace yourself because the whiplash you are going to get coming back is going to be brutal . Lol

Reactions: StarRaider
What does it matter that Trump made a campaign promise that he had no intention of even working toward? That says a lot... without saying anything.
Yes what does it matter. A president lied. Anyone that believed it was naive. He increased the debt like presidents before him which is what actually matters.

Get your excuses ready for those Biden deficits if he wins. "But Biden didn't promise to reduce the debt. So it's ok. This debt isn't the same because it came from someone that has a "D" next to their name!!!"

What President was the last to not make promises that he didn't intend to keep?
There are lies, and then there are damn lies. Even if you want to dismiss Trump's promise to eliminate the debt in 8 years, as just the sort of hyperbolic campaign promise that all politicians make, Trump gave the illusion that reducing spending was a matter of importance. He then proceeded to spend at an even greater rate than what was already being done. This speaks to his integrity. He has none.

Reactions: ohhbother
A little perspective on the runaway pandemic and how "badly" we have reacted to it.
Tennessee alone is top 25 in total tests and 14th in the world in per capita testing...that's more than 180 countries. That shows you how much more testing the US is doing...also with H1N1 which many Dems claim Obama handled greatly..the US averaged 165k cases a day for an entire year.

It would be great if we became a healthier people, but I don't see that happening.

We Americans are generally a fat, ignorant and entitled lot. China's gonna eat our lunch, only it'll be rice and fish.

My point is that unleashing the virus in an attempt to achieve herd immunity is simply a horrible, horrible idea.

Only 12 percent of American adults are metabolically healthy, study finds

Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Have a Healthy Lifestyle

Why Is the USA Only the 35th Healthiest Country in the World?
So at what point do we stop hurting those who do it right? Why continue to coddle those who simply don't want to help themselves? It's harsh but this should be a real wakeup call for many but I doubt it will be. I hear no one of any influence touting better health for better immunity. There's vulnerable and then there's vulnerable by choice

This is coming from a middle aged man who turned it completely around in less than a year. Not easy but well worth it. I feel much less vulnerable than I would have 3yrs ago

Last edited:
It would be great if we became a healthier people, but I don't see that happening.

We Americans are generally a fat, ignorant and entitled lot. China's gonna eat our lunch, only it'll be rice and fish.

My point is that unleashing the virus in an attempt to achieve herd immunity is simply a horrible, horrible idea.

Only 12 percent of American adults are metabolically healthy, study finds

Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Have a Healthy Lifestyle

Why Is the USA Only the 35th Healthiest Country in the World?

The USDA is one of the biggest reasons why we are so unhealthy. They created the food pyramid that erroneously lies to the American people. And virtually everyone bought into it. It advocates tons and tons of carbohydrates and fiber. Praising sugar Meanwhile demonizing saturated fat. The is literally zero need for carbohydrates in the human diet. Yet going by their “expert” advice we should eat about 300+ grams of carbs a day.

You seem to either not fully understand or refuse to understand the importance of herd immunity. It’s the only real defense we have. A vaccine is not likely going to be very effective because this virus is like the flu and common cold. Therefore a herd immunity approach is preferred. I don’t think anyone wants to see anyone get sick or die from this. But the fact is, they will regard oof what measures we take. But the vast, vast majority will not suffer any ill effects. And I realize you don’t want to hear this but the more that get it and recover the better.

Reactions: kiddiedoc and oz615
So at what point do we stop hurting those who do it right? Why continue to coddle those who simply don't want to help themselves? It's harsh but this should be a real wakeup call for many but I doubt it will be. I hear no one of any influence touting better health for better immunity. There's vulnerable and then there's vulnerable by choice

This is coming from a middle aged man who turned it completely around in less than a year. Not easy but well worth it. I feel much less vulnerable than I would have 3yrs ago

Excellent post.

Fauci has the authority to lock everyone in their homes, but don't criticize Trump because the feds don't have authority to do anything. Makes perfect sense.
As much sense as giving Fauci a pass on everything a person doesn’t like (along other state and local leadership) while blaming Trump for everything. We aren’t near the disaster everyone in the MSM is making us out to be but it’s ridiculous to blame one person for all the things that haven’t gone well.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back