Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I have know people that's had it..one that was in the hospital in very bad shape for 2 weeks. He's now 50% recovered but has a long way to go. A other wise healthy 58 age year old that lifts weights and looks 38 not 58.

Last Friday buried a long time friend and fellow church goer who died of Covid....Here in my county all of March...April...May and June we had a total of 3 Covid deaths. In the month of July we had 14 deaths.

Last edited:
Bubbles work. Unfortunately keeping a college football player in a bubble would be more difficult than herding a cat. I'm sure itd also be illegal?

No current professional or college athletes have died thus far even with constant, multiple, positive tests. Just gotta let this thing cycle through and not let our fears get the best of us.

This is mostly due to the fact that only a minute number of athletes have had the virus because all sports were shut down. Although athletes should have a high rate of recovery there was a famous triathelete who just died. Young and no pre-existing health issues and extremely physically fit.
Then you think about someone like Trey Smith with his blood clot issues and what the virus might do to him. Not trying to be an alarmist, but if you think for one second that the NCAA is going to tolerate a player in any sport dying because they forced sports to happen, you better think again.

Reactions: NashVol11
As I have said from the beginning, this is a football board and so the discussion centers around football (duh).

but, my concern has always been if you cant do some of these activities, then what else can you not do.

so, it will be interesting to sit back and watch how much this messes up the school year for K-12.

Reactions: chef3531
"Risking their lives" to play football.

Lord have mercy.

That is a STUPID argument.

Please prove to me that if they don't play the players will be safer.

Still haven't had this answered. If they don't play, will they then quarantine themselves? Will they not see friends and family and protest? Because according to social media basically all young people, including those on our team and other teams, have been checking all those boxes. That's how several players had the virus coming on to campus all around the country.

So if they cancel the season then the players who have a .000001 percent chance of dying from this better out their damn hazmat suits on and refrain from social activity until there is a vaccine, because there is practically no way to avoid it now!

Seriously, what logic are you freaking using?

There are closing in on 5 million cases in the USA. The CDC two weeks ago, when there was about 4 million cases, estimated that the actual case number was 6 to 24 times higher. How many more people have it now?? I mean think about it! There are like 60 thousand new cases a day. IT IS EVERYWHERE ALREADY. How many more people will have it by Sep 26th???

Seriously how in the HELL do you think that in two months keeping guys from running around on a field together make a LICK OF DIFFERENCE.

Every single person I know who has had it, it's been like a cold for them except for one old man who passed. One guy was 65 and he survived on his own without going to the hospital. He's fine now. 53 year old fat uncle? Cold like. Fat thirty year old friend? Cold like symptoms. 26 year old fat guy? Cold. Their mom? Life long heavy smoker. Cold. Obese father whose about 60? Cold. I also know a chick whose 25 and she barely feels it. Thinks it's a joke. And she doesn't work out.

Hard as hell for me to imagine it taking some top level athletes life. And it hasn't.

Everybody on our team has been at risk of getting it for months already and that WILL NOT stop and not playing will not make any discernable difference, unless the said players are all gonna go shelter in a bunker with a damn hazmat suit on.

Reactions: 508mikey
I have literally hundreds of family, friends, associates and co-workers that I speak to regularly and I still don't know anyone who has had the virus. And I have yet to have even one of them tell me that they know anyone who has it. So where I live it's never been anything but pretty normal -- except for the restrictions.
I know 2 people who have had it. One is 36, was sick for 2 weeks but now is completely fine with no lasting effects. The other is a 24yr old asymptomatic who had no clue he had it until he had to be tested for his job. I live in a populated military town where it's had its share of cases but no one has died or had any complications.

Agree for the most part with you, but school administrators and athletic departments donโ€™t want to get handed lawsuits 5-10 years from now from players who were โ€œcoerced to playโ€ after being told COVID was harmless and now they claim to have permanent lung damage. Sounds a little out there, but thatโ€™s the world we live in - no one wants the liability or to be blamed for anything negative
Tennessee has a one year statute of limitations on injury claims so 5 years from now would be 4 years too late.

Your ignorance is breathtaking. I personally know of 3 people under the age of 40 that have died from covid. Several more that almost did and spent a week or more in the hospital. Nevermind all the other more at risk people that asymptomatic carriers will kill. Family and friends all.

Quit spreading lies and educate yourself.

Sorry you confuse your life experiences as greater that the data.

This is a thread on players.

"Risking their lives" to play football.

Lord have mercy.

That is a STUPID argument.

Please prove to me that if they don't play the players will be safer.

Still haven't had this answered. If they don't play, will they then quarantine themselves? Will they not see friends and family and protest? Because according to social media basically all young people, including those on our team and other teams, have been checking all those boxes. That's how several players had the virus coming on to campus all around the country.

So if they cancel the season then the players who have a .000001 percent chance of dying from this better out their damn hazmat suits on and refrain from social activity until there is a vaccine, because there is practically no way to avoid it now!

Seriously, what logic are you freaking using?

There are closing in on 5 million cases in the USA. The CDC two weeks ago, when there was about 4 million cases, estimated that the actual case number was 6 to 24 times higher. How many more people have it now?? I mean think about it! There are like 60 thousand new cases a day. IT IS EVERYWHERE ALREADY. How many more people will have it by Sep 26th???

Seriously how in the HELL do you think that in two months keeping guys from running around on a field together make a LICK OF DIFFERENCE.

Every single person I know who has had it, it's been like a cold for them except for one old man who passed. One guy was 65 and he survived on his own without going to the hospital. He's fine now. 53 year old fat uncle? Cold like. Fat thirty year old friend? Cold like symptoms. 26 year old fat guy? Cold. Their mom? Life long heavy smoker. Cold. Obese father whose about 60? Cold. I also know a chick whose 25 and she barely feels it. Thinks it's a joke. And she doesn't work out.

Hard as hell for me to imagine it taking some top level athletes life. And it hasn't.

Everybody on our team has been at risk of getting it for months already and that WILL NOT stop and not playing will not make any discernable difference, unless the said players are all gonna go shelter in a bunker with a damn hazmat suit on.
Shout it louder to all the snowflakes in the back.

If you saw this morning the Cardinals became the third MLB team to have a large outbreak of Covid in just the FIRST week of MLB starting its abbreviated season. This is obviously not good news seeing that baseball is a non-contact sport where players are naturally "distanced" from one another while on the field.

Couple things being observed that may provide a glimpse into what may happen when football begins.

1. Clearly the issues with baseball have more to do with the dugout/locker room where the virus is going to spread rapidly, rather than players infecting players from the opposing team. So the threat in baseball is more one-dimensional. With football, since its a very close quarters high contact sport, the threat will come from within and from the outside. With 22 players on the field for every play and with over 100 players/personnel/staff along each sideline and in the locker rooms one player who is an asymptomatic carrier can infect a dozen people during a game and those people go on to affect more team mates in the locker rooms. Anyway, this is obvious how things could get so much more out-of-hand in football because of the issue of number of players on a team and extreme close contact.

2. MLB is not taking a "next man up" approach. In other words, if multiple players on a team get infected, they are cancelling/postponing games, not just sticking in backup players and moving on. Which brings up an interesting question. If 10 or 15 players on a team get infected right before a road game, is the opposing team going to let the game happen? Are they going to invite you to come or are they going to force the game to be postponed/cancelled?

3. Baseball has 60 games. Football has 10. So, how many cancellations have to occur before everyone says, "it's no longer worth the risk" and cancelling the rest of the season
They aren't contracting it from playing. We're talking about wealthy men here. Sex and partying.

Reactions: sport3500
When ever someone says "You just can't make this stuff up."...

I mean really.... just "packed" in there. How could you could you get another person in there?

View attachment 296827
You can't if you intend on properly socially distancing. I thought you knew that already.

Reactions: allvol123

VN Store

Back