Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

This is mostly due to the fact that only a minute number of athletes have had the virus because all sports were shut down. Although athletes should have a high rate of recovery there was a famous triathelete who just died. Young and no pre-existing health issues and extremely physically fit.
Then you think about someone like Trey Smith with his blood clot issues and what the virus might do to him. Not trying to be an alarmist, but if you think for one second that the NCAA is going to tolerate a player in any sport dying because they forced sports to happen, you better think again.
Why they tolerate players dying from other reasons. Like the flu, drunk driving, heat exhaustion, diabetes, heart disease, all those lead covid deaths by a mile. They are 6 x more likely to die of the flu and 10 x more likely to die in trauma than covid

Reactions: norrislakevol
Here's a thought. If this bug is like the flu virus., are we going to have to go through this process again......and again...and again?
Wouldn't that really suck?

They are complaining about having to do just that here in my community. The very little respect I had for teachers has dwindled down to zero at this point. Petulant children is how they behave.
You know what pisses me off is that people like you take the world of a handful of people and apply it to an entire group.

A couple of loudmouths and a wacko at a teachers union do not speak for the entire group.

Most teachers I know think last year was a disaster and believe kids need to be in class.

The issue is their dumbass parents saying their kid shouldn't have to wear a mask.

You have no respect for teachers? Fine teach your own kids at home and don't pollute everyone else's education.

My local high school was built in the 50s and the kindergarten has been in and out if condemnation. That's the environment were educating our kids in.

Parents let their kids run buck ass wild, put kids off on their grandparents or sometimes great grandparents to raise. Let them stay up all night on iPhones taking dick picks and cuberbullying and do nothing. But nothing is ever their fault, it's always the teacher's fault.
Parents are absolutely the most petulant children around and take zero responsibility for anything.

This is all media hype. It will all be over after the election. Players get the virus, get well and play. Numerous examples are in MLB. Freddie Freeman had it 3 weeks ago. Yesterday he went 4 for 4 with a HR. The players getting it now will be really sick for a day or 2, but will be playing in a week or two. Just like the flu. They get it--get well--- and probably become immune so they can't pass it on or get it ever again. But there is no time for this now. We have an election to disrupt. We need more hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, pandemics to cover.

Your claim that COVID is not a threat to anyone under 25 is not a fact

A threat in the same way or even lesser so than the flu is to that population? Sure. But it is not a significant threat at all to people under 25. The data 100% backs that up. I’ve posted some of that data in our weekly “omg someone has Covid” threads previously.

If you have any data showing it is a significant threat to younger people, please provide it.

This is all media hype. It will all be over after the election. Players get the virus, get well and play. Numerous examples are in MLB. Freddie Freeman had it 3 weeks ago. Yesterday he went 4 for 4 with a HR. The players getting it now will be really sick for a day or 2, but will be playing in a week or two. Just like the flu. They get it--get well--- and probably become immune so they can't pass it on or get it ever again. But there is no time for this now. We have an election to disrupt. We need more hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, pandemics to cover.

Freeman went 4-4? You convinced me, it’s all a big conspiracy

You know what pisses me off is that people like you take the world of a handful of people and apply it to an entire group.

A couple of loudmouths and a wacko at a teachers union do not speak for the entire group.

Most teachers I know think last year was a disaster and believe kids need to be in class.

The issue is their dumbass parents saying their kid shouldn't have to wear a mask.

You have no respect for teachers? Fine teach your own kids at home and don't pollute everyone else's education.

My local high school was built in the 50s and the kindergarten has been in and out if condemnation. That's the environment were educating our kids in.

Parents let their kids run buck ass wild, put kids off on their grandparents or sometimes great grandparents to raise. Let them stay up all night on iPhones taking dick picks and cuberbullying and do nothing. But nothing is ever their fault, it's always the teacher's fault.
Parents are absolutely the most petulant children around and take zero responsibility for anything.
When you have large teachers unions, tying social justice causes to their requirements to come back to work, then It’s not a vocal minority or just the crazies. Did I paint with a broader brush then I should have? Yes. There are good caring teachers who exist.

LA teachers union wants more money by defunding the police, calls for medicare for all

A threat in the same way or even lesser so than the flu is to that population? Sure. But it is not a significant threat at all to people under 25. The data 100% backs that up. I’ve posted some of that data in our weekly “omg someone has Covid” threads previously.

If you have any data showing it is a significant threat to younger people, please provide it.

I never claimed it was a significant threat to young people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/01/sec-football-players-safety-meeting/?outputType=amp

Also asking “Is it worth it to play football?”

Sorry folks.... but this one’s over. We won’t play in 2020.
Why can't we just let things play out? Now you're going to spend your next 3 or 4 months arguing why we shouldn't play and saying see i told you so after a player test positive. The players will do what's best for them and their families, some of you are trying to make decisions for them either way.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Interesting stuff here. So basically all of the big decisions made were made with Fauci. So to those who lay the majority of the blame on Trump, do you also blame Dr flip flop?

Last edited:
Reactions: hUTch2002 and oz615
Lol you couldn’t be more wrong, as usual. Antibodies only last around 3 months. My friend had already gotten it again. I’m on day 21 with lingering issues.

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

Posters on this forum are the least lucky people in the world, boasting healthcare professionals losing myriad healthy patients in their twenties/thirties and fitness buffs suddenly unable to climb a flight of stairs. Maybe Tennessee fans are cursed after all!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back