Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I want to be serious for just a moment and give everyone a word of caution. The next 2 weeks will seem very unsettling. It will seem like there is a runaway train of infection and death hitting our country. The media will sensationalize it to the extreme.
The context of what we will witness is really a perfect storm of 3 things:
1. continued spread of infection (even if slowed by sheltering),
2. increased testing results in increased positives (even if the percentage of infection remains flat),
3. increased mortality due to the normal time between contracting the virus and the time it takes those at risk to succumb. The exponential growth in cases over the last two weeks means more deaths will occur.

Exposure to the virus does not guarantee infection. Infection does not guarantee a fight for you life.

Please keep your wits about you. Try not to buy into any hysteria pushed by the media. Consider the context of the numbers you hear about. We are almost over the crest of this wave. But it may seem very bleak in the coming days.
Good post. Go here: COVID-19 Map then click on "Data Center" and scroll down. Every country's curve has flattened except the US. Of course we were late to the party. This is from Johns Hopkins.

Pelosi wanting to add pork in to a bill for unemployment.

and Mnuchin wanted to have 500 billion to allocate as he pleased without having to report where it was going, or at least being able to put it off until next year. A compromise was reached and it passed. Now the administration is suing to stop the Inspector General having oversight, per the agreement of the compromise agreed to.

“To keep from getting it”. The benefit is to keep from spreading it. You wearing the mask won’t help you keep from getting it. But they are starting to believe it will slow the spread by preventing those who have it from giving it to others.
So, we should avoid people wearing masks because they are infected?

Job numbers are in for March. 701,000 jobs lost. Unemployment at 4.4%.
I asked in the other thread how they calculated the unemployment rate. My wording was horrible, so I think it came across as I had gotten furloughed. I was just wondering if furloughed workers were counted in their numbers.

I bet they run every Chinese person out of that country and seize all the Chinese owned businesses there

I don’t know , were they not the ones that encouraged their people to go up and hug the person from China to show they weren’t racist before it broke out there ?

VN Store

Back