Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I'm more and more convinced the only reason anybody still wears a mask is because they are ashamed of the face behind the mask.

Back in the beginning of 2020 I did a remodel on St. Simons Island for an older lady whose primary residence is in New York City. She was a petite 75 year old who was still in pretty good shape. She had died her hair so from a distance she looked like a lot younger then she was. She was so excited by the fact that when she wore her mask while out walking she got lots of 2nd looks and even whistles by young men.....true story

Study Finds Higher Incidence of COVID-19 Among Consistent Mask Wearers https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/health/study-finds-higher-incidence-of-covid-19-among-consistent-mask-wearers-5536488?utm_source=andshare

People who wore protective masks were found to be more likely to contract COVID-19 infections than those who didn’t, according to a recent Norwegian study.

The peer-reviewed study, published in the journal Epidemiology and Infection on Nov. 13, analyzed mask use among 3,209 individuals from Norway. Researchers followed them for 17 days, and then asked the participants about their use of masks. The team found that there was a higher incidence of testing positive for COVID-19 among people who used masks more frequently.

Reactions: norrislakevol
There is a special place in hell for every politician, bureaucrat that pushed the covid shutdowns and lockdowns along with the people that supported them. You/they caused incalculable damage to millions of people around the world, destroyed villages, towns and families so rot in hell.

There is a special place in hell for every politician, bureaucrat that pushed the covid shutdowns and lockdowns along with the people that supported them. You/they caused incalculable damage to millions of people around the world, destroyed villages, towns and families so rot in hell.

I'm not sure you should hide your feelings...

I'm not sure you should hide your feelings...

The majority of the passengers on this cruise escaped from a nursing home so come 9pm I found myself alone or a couple other guys at the aft bar talking to the bartenders. So of course politics and covid came up more than once, the stories some of the bar staff told about the shut down would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. A couple of them were working Mediterranean cruises and after the passengers were evacuated which took weeks/couple months none of the European countries would let crew members in and a couple guys working for Adia Cruises were locked in their rooms for months. Even one that was on a Royal Caribbean ship anchored off FL said it took almost 6 months before the crew was let off and got to go home. Of course none of the bar/wait/steward staff were paid during that time so those with families really suffered. It just really made me angry to listen to those guys.

The majority of the passengers on this cruise escaped from a nursing home so come 9pm I found myself alone or a couple other guys at the aft bar talking to the bartenders. So of course politics and covid came up more than once, the stories some of the bar staff told about the shut down would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. A couple of them were working Mediterranean cruises and after the passengers were evacuated which took weeks/couple months none of the European countries would let crew members in and a couple guys working for Adia Cruises were locked in their rooms for months. Even one that was on a Royal Caribbean ship anchored off FL said it took almost 6 months before the crew was let off and got to go home. Of course none of the bar/wait/steward staff were paid during that time so those with families really suffered. It just really made me angry to listen to those guys.

Orange Man's fault...

I want see Fauci swing.

Times have changed. Remember when UV light was useless??

several things:
1. Link doesn't work anymore.
2. Over exposure to UV light can be directly harmful to humans. you can get sunburns even from light you can't see. Also damaging to eyes, which is why most phones come with a blue light filter.
3. similarly damaging to other life forms, even plants need a day/night cycle.
4. energy costs
5. direct installation and maintenance costs. typically about 200 per unit to buy.
6. like the anti-viral resistant "super bugs" you would just encourage UV resistant diseases, and would have just removed one of our weapons against them. better to save UV for dire cases, or areas of big exposure like hospitals.
7. would interfere with other sensors we already use, like motion detectors, day light sensors, even ambient temperature readings could/would be impacted.
8. all the unknowns.

Covid reports are starting to roll in...like my partner's 25 yr old daughter, vaccinated this Fall, calling today to say she's not coming home for the holidays 'cause she tested + for C19.

Early returns seem to suggest that this latest vax is no better than the previous ones. They don't keep you from getting sick. Maybe they make it more mild but how do we know? A healthy 25 yr old who's had it before wasn't going to get very sick from this anyway. If this vax had done what it was supposed to do, she'd be with her family this weekend. Its failure is costing her a fun holiday with loved ones

Covid reports are starting to roll in...like my partner's 25 yr old daughter, vaccinated this Fall, calling today to say she's not coming home for the holidays 'cause she tested + for C19.

Early returns seem to suggest that this latest vax is no better than the previous ones. They don't keep you from getting sick. Maybe they make it more mild but how do we know? A healthy 25 yr old who's had it before wasn't going to get very sick from this anyway. If this vax had done what it was supposed to do, she'd be with her family this weekend. Its failure is costing her a fun holiday with loved ones
Why is she getting tested?

Hmmm…I hadn’t thought of the COVID route. Seems preferable to my current plan:

Why is she getting tested?
She had a stack of 'em...said she didn't want to infect others this weekend, including her brother who was going to travel in a car with her for 7 hrs. He's glad she tested 'cause he now 100% does not want her in a car with him.

VN Store

Back