Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Well as of not too long ago, my facility had banned cloth masks. You are now required to wear a surgical mask when entering and exiting a building and in hallways. My particular area is requiring 95's some areas are some arent.

alyssa-milano-1.jpg

What we are dealing with

Fauci warns that Omicron may NOT be the 'end' of the pandemic and there is a 'high probability' another variant could emerge' that would evade immunity

Dr Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, warns that the Omicron variant may not spell the end of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Disease, told the Davos Agenda virtual event Monday that 'natural vaccination' - or immunity via previous infection - might not be as effective as some believe.

Covid US: Fauci warns that Omicron may not be the 'end' of pandemic | Daily Mail Online

Intracranial infection cases up 60-fold since vaccines rolled out

I particularly thought the comments from physicians were interesting.

An upper respiratory culture is a very common test however I have seen a massive increase of providers ordering that test in the past 2 years than I have in the previous 8. I equate masks to a tissue or paper towel on your face. When you cough or sneeze in it, the mask should be discarded just like a Kleenex. I don’t even wear a mask anymore unless I leave my office to go inside the hospital where it is still mandatory. The link you provided brought up some very good points and masks are likely the culprit.

An upper respiratory culture is a very common test however I have seen a massive increase of providers ordering that test in the past 2 years than I have in the previous 8. I equate masks to a tissue or paper towel on your face. When you cough or sneeze in it, the mask should be discarded just like a Kleenex. I don’t even wear a mask anymore unless I leave my office to go inside the hospital where it is still mandatory. The link you provided brought up some very good points and masks are likely the culprit.
My dental friends report a significant increase in oral/odontogenic infections, as well.

Interestingly, the maskless Loudon County heathens haven't had as much absenteeism.

Yea, my initial thought was to see if any neighboring county had shut down due to staff shortages created by sickness. When that answer comes back as “no” then email that to Bob Thomas and Judge Greer. Politely telling them they are idiots.

Reactions: davethevol
So she snuggled with her pooch under a blanket for a few days and we should take that seriously? What a media whore. This is gold:

my dad used to say that life makes you repeat lessons until you learn them

Ironic, since I'm sure she's probably had 4 shots and wears two masks, YET SHE STILL CAUGHT COVID.

Additionally, look at the crap she is eating. No wonder her brain doesn't work correctly.

972f1b20-76f3-11ec-bbbb-b1e14de41afe.webp.jpg

This just came across the wire in one of my professional organization groups.

CDC's suggestion to cancel football, band in nearly every US school called 'unrealistic' - CNN

The general response in the 35k member Band Director Group is "Oh hell no."

All of my rehearsals this past semester were unmasked and we had two cases of the garden variety flu at the tail end of the semester, that's it.
Suggesting football be cancelled in January is how you tell people you're an out of touch nerd without telling them you're an out of touch nerd.

This just came across the wire in one of my professional organization groups.

CDC's suggestion to cancel football, band in nearly every US school called 'unrealistic' - CNN

The general response in the 35k member Band Director Group is "Oh hell no."

All of my rehearsals this past semester were unmasked and we had two cases of the garden variety flu at the tail end of the semester, that's it.
I respect Schaffner stepping up with some common-sense. He’s been beating the Covid drum for 2 years and has been a prominent voice. Him voicing this opinion SHOULD carry some weight.

Reactions: AshG

VN Store

Back