Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Some big league fraud about ready to start in NYC. This gonna be nothing but fraud fraud and more fraud.

Don't know how they're gonna monitor this, since anyone can get vaxxed, including those without IDs.
They’ll only require a voter registration card, lots of dead people getting vaccinated

On matters of public health, it is beneficial to have a compliant population who will actually listen and do what public health experts say. Instead, we got a bunch of toddlers who effectively say "That's not what I WANNA do. It's no fun for ME to wear a mask/socially distance."
I have never met a person so scared to live free that they want the governemnt in control of thier life!!!! US government has a history of experimenting on it own population and militray..why would you trust that to a government that doesn't have transparency??? LIES about be transparency while literally asking why we need info about what they tell us???

Besides, wearing a mask can block your vision and you might fall off the edge of the earth.
Now that you bring it up, has anyone else had stair, curb issues because of peripheral vision loss.
I watch a coworker fall up stairs due to the mask

He is antivax for people who have already been sick with covid. That's a dangerous position to take vis-a-vis the risk presented to the previously infected who ALSO get the vaccine.

Is Rand Paul Mixing Up the Vaccine Message for Covid Survivors?

he is not anti-vax for them - he's saying (what the science says too) that natural immunity provides robust protection against both reinfection and serious consequences from reinfection (in the rare cases it occurs). Vaccines on top of natural immunity may provide a small additional level of protection.

he's chosen not to get vaccinated because his natural immunity provides considerable protection

he's not saying the vaccine is bad or dangerous for people who've had Covid

please stop with the lectures about people not seeing the subtle shades between black and white until you can see them yourself.

he is not anti-vax for them - he's saying (what the science says too) that natural immunity provides robust protection against both reinfection and serious consequences from reinfection (in the rare cases it occurs). Vaccines on top of natural immunity may provide a small additional level of protection.

he's chosen not to get vaccinated because his natural immunity provides considerable protection

he's not saying the vaccine is bad or dangerous for people who've had Covid

please stop with the lectures about people not seeing the subtle shades between black and white until you can see them yourself.

But there's a wide variation of how much natural immunity is created by an infection and it's unclear how long that immunity lasts. Many people got infected during the first wave of March 2020. That's nearly a year and a half ago. Moreover, many think they had it but never got tested, so they have no conclusive evidence that they had it. He's encouraging a lot of reckless and risky behavior there when we know that the opposite behavior (getting vaxxed) would only have the effect of BOOSTING their own immunity.

Why do you keep arguing in favor of risky behavior with this virus?

Because the unvaccinated are starting to put a strain on our healthcare system. "Just let the unvaccinated die" isn't sound social policy.

It was never presented otherwise. It was known from the beginning that you could still pick it up and pass it on. You know, just like every other vaccine in existence.
A strain? According to the CDC covid is 8% of inpatient beds.and only 61% of ICU beds occupied in total. They arent tracking Covid icy so no clue what that percentage is. Even if its quadrupple the inpatient bed percentage that still leaves, nationally, more icu beds open than occupied by Covid.

COVID-19 Data Dashboard – Patient Impact & Hospital Capacity

Got some actual data to back up this strain as a nationwide or even region wide issue to justify your fear mongering?

Reactions: hUTch2002
A strain? According to the CDC covid is 8% of inpatient beds.and only 61% of ICU beds occupied in total. They arent tracking Covid icy so no clue what that percentage is. Even if its quadrupple the inpatient bed percentage that still leaves, nationally, more icu beds open than occupied by Covid.

Got some actual data to back up this strain as a nationwide or even region wide issue to justify your fear mongering?
I wanna remember this argument when Trumpers complain about how SNAP benefits are such a strain on taxpayers and the economy.

So Republican leaders are conspiring to kill Republican voters to attract Republican voters to replace the Republican voters that they killed.
tenor.gif

Contextual reading is not nearly as difficult as you're making it seem. A similar level of virus in two people's noses does not mean that they have equal levels of transmissability. Read just two paragraphs down:

Further, saying that vaccinated people "have the potential to spread that virus to others" is not all all the same as saying "vaccinated people are just as likely to pass the virus to others as unvaccinated people."
Your quote doesnt make a distinction between vaxxed with dead virus in their nose and unvaxxed with dead virus in their nose.

Context.....

But there's a wide variation of how much natural immunity is created by an infection and it's unclear how long that immunity lasts. Many people got infected during the first wave of March 2020. That's nearly a year and a half ago. Moreover, many think they had it but never got tested, so they have no conclusive evidence that they had it. He's encouraging a lot of reckless and risky behavior there when we know that the opposite behavior (getting vaxxed) would only have the effect of BOOSTING their own immunity.

Why do you keep arguing in favor of risky behavior with this virus?

the link you provided contradicts much of this. can you show the studies showing how much of a BOOST the vaccine adds; particularly in terms of significant reductions in transmission, reinfection and serious consequences? one of the counters to Paul in your link was that natural immunity may not be as effective against new strains. what they left out is that we know that is already true with vaccines. the real question is whether or not the drop in effectiveness of natural immunity is more or less than the drop from vaccines.

part of the issue is that "the public health experts" are not showing data on risk and levels of risk. further, they are not citing (or encouraging) research on any negative consequences of their Covid mitigation recommendation. For instance, where are the studies on masking for toddlers through 12 years old? Are we to believe there are no negative consequences of requiring 1st and 2nd graders to wear masks all day? Without cost benefit calculations coming from public health experts individuals are left to make their own calculations.

I'm not encouraging any behavior - I'm vaxxed and think others should be too but I'm not telling people to do it or not do it.

you seem to think any variation from CDC guidelines = anti-vax; anti-mask, etc. It doesn't - plenty of science is different than the CDC guidelines and as we've seen the CDC/Fauci have repeatedly talked about using policy statements to model behavior rather than simply reporting what the science says.

I wanna remember this argument when Trumpers complain about how SNAP benefits are such a strain on taxpayers and the economy.
Oh I also complain about military spending. I have no sacred cows. But I know you cant deal with internal consistency so it will be fun to watch you avoid the subject or crawfish on the subject.

Also our budget doesnt have a 39% surplus, like our icu bed situation,.....its more like a 39% deficit. Heck it may be worse than that.

What's "fearmongering" about it? Nearly 2/3 usage of ICU beds is not an insignificant number. While you're right about the lack of specificity in the numbers, and the real question is "what % of Covid patients are hospitalized in inpatient beds as opposed to ICU?", the six states whose ICU beds are at 70% capacity all rank in the bottom half of the country in percentage of their populations vaccinated, with the lone exception of Rhode Island which has less than 100 ICU beds in the entire state. You can start a pissing contest over what qualifies as "a strain," but the numbers are what they are.

So you're telling me you're for stopping all those who are maskless and asking them to present proof of vaccination, and then somehow fining those who are going maskless without being vaccinated. Sounds totally doable.
Just like our drug laws, your proposed gun confiscations and just about anything else the government proposes.

My point is dont punish at all. Especially if you cant distinguish. That's what our freedumb is all about.

Maybe some of the slaves were better off without their freedumb. There is no way to tell if every single one of them was better off with it. So safer to keep them slaves right? For their own, and the greater good.

Your quote doesnt make a distinction between vaxxed with dead virus in their nose and unvaxxed with dead virus in their nose.

Context.....

I didn't claim that it did. A claim was made without support. I have done nothing more than point out that it was unsupported.

Context indeed.

Go Google aerosols dude

ok.

An evidence review of face masks against COVID-19

Human Studies: Aerosol and Droplet Filtration.
Anfinrud et al. (59) used laser light scattering to sensitively detect the emission of particles of various sizes (including aerosols) while speaking. Their analysis showed that visible particles “expelled” in a forward direction with a homemade mask consisting of a washcloth attached with two rubber bands around the head remained very close to background levels in a laser scattering chamber, while significant levels were expelled when speaking without a mask.

There are no studies that have directly measured the filtration of smaller or lateral particles in this setting, although, using Schlieren imaging, it has been shown that all kinds of masks greatly limit the spread of the emission cloud (79), consistent with a fluid dynamic simulation that estimated this filtration level at 90% (80). Another study used a manikin and visible smoke to simulate coughing, and found that a stitched cloth mask was the most effective of the tested designs at source control, reducing the jet distance in all directions from 8 feet (with no mask) to 2.5 inches (81).

One possible benefit of masks for source control is that they can reduce surface transmission, by avoiding droplets settling on surfaces that may be touched by a susceptible person. However, contact through surfaces is not believed to be the main way SARS-CoV-2 spreads (82), and the risk of transmission through surfaces may be small (83).

In summary, there is laboratory-based evidence that household masks have filtration capacity in the relevant particle size range, as well as efficacy in blocking aerosols and droplets from the wearer (67). That is, these masks help people keep their emissions to themselves. A consideration is that face masks with valves do not capture respiratory particles as efficiently, bypassing the filtration mechanism, and therefore offer less source control (84).

VN Store

Back