Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I find this amazing. My daughter is a nurse at one of the big 4 hospitals in Nashville. They are so short of n95 masks that they have some sort of sterilization procedure they do to the mask at the end of each shift and they wear them again the next day. However, they aren't marked in any way so you don't know if you're getting the same mask you wore yesterday or a mask someone else wore. Sounds like a bad plan to me.

Also, her best friend is a nurse at another of the big 4 - in the Covid unit. Her friend's dad is in the hospital with Covid and her mom is sick at home with it. She is afraid to take a n95 mask home with her in case her mom gets sicker and she has to go take care of her. My daughter asked me today If I have an extra she could give to her friend to wear when she takes care of her mom at home. Luckily I had a couple extra.

How pathetic is it that 6 months into this thing hospitals still don't have enough n95 masks and are re-using them?

Reactions: landscapingvol
So, does this mean that the one thing that people keep giving Trump props for with this COVID response (closing some travel from China down), was probably someone else's idea?

Didn’t say that. People want to lay the entire blame on Trump. That’s dishonest and dumb. Especially when Fauci himself states that he and Trump agreed on many things. Does Fauci deserve some credit? Yes. But so does Trump. Does Trump deserve some blame? Yes. But so does Fauci.

I find this amazing. My daughter is a nurse at one of the big 4 hospitals in Nashville. They are so short of n95 masks that they have some sort of sterilization procedure they do to the mask at the end of each shift and they wear them again the next day. However, they aren't marked in any way so you don't know if you're getting the same mask you wore yesterday or a mask someone else wore. Sounds like a bad plan to me.

Also, her best friend is a nurse at another of the big 4 - in the Covid unit. Her friend's dad is in the hospital with Covid and her mom is sick at home with it. She is afraid to take a n95 mask home with her in case her mom gets sicker and she has to go take care of her. My daughter asked me today If I have an extra she could give to her friend to wear when she takes care of her mom at home. Luckily I had a couple extra.

How pathetic is it that 6 months into this thing hospitals still don't have enough n95 masks and are re-using them?

I too am very fearful about bringing it home to my wife but your friend is coming in contact with a lot sicker people than I will be more than likely. My brother works in the ER and one of his good friends who is an ER doctor had to be put on a ventilator when he contracted it a couple of months prior

They did lay all of the reasons out. I just mentioned the chemicals as it just makes me wonder if people are actually being as diligent with chemical safety as they are with social distancing. I have my doubts.
I’d be concerned that some teachers might take it upon themselves to do some cleaning on their own and that could cause issues.

How about the shape of their curve, daily deaths, etc? Before you count your chickens, remember that the US is catching up quickly and will almost certainly surpass their deaths per million, despite the terrible handling of the elderly/nursing home population there. If they had been more diligent with/given priority to that subset, we would already have a much higher deaths/million rate.
No speaking facts here 😂🙄

So blame also goes on Fauci. But your continuance of this is ridiculous. No president has ever faced what Trump did. It’s easy to sit back and play hindsight. This shows nothing but pettiness and immaturity on your part.
Also dealt with all of this in the post, more or less.

It’s unprecedented in scope but the nature of the problem and the response that it calls for is not new. It was handled by the Obama Administration on multiple occasions and even they did better than Trump. Most other countries have dealt with it better than Trump.

Hey guys...here to share some more data with you. Today we’re looking at the 7 day rolling average deaths.

March 1 - YTD
1596593619135.jpeg

Zoom in on June - YTD
1596593689012.jpeg

I said advocating for people to behave more responsibly. This is not government intervention. I’m not advocating for restricting your individual liberty.

How much more clear can I really make it?

Also, who are “people like me?”

I don't know really. I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying and what direction you are coming from. You are being sort of abstract. Just come out and say whatever it is you are saying.

It’s unprecedented in scope but the nature of the problem and the response that it calls for is not new. It was handled by the Obama Administration on multiple occasions and even they did better than Trump. Most other countries have dealt with it better than Trump.
What was Trump supposed to do outside of closing the borders, which he tried to do early on under accusations of being xenophobic/racist?

There is the 10th Amendment. You are aware of this, correct?

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Obama did it deal with anything close to this COVID crapshow. Don’t pretend like he did. Also, most other countries don’t have to deal with idiotic people who run their states do they?

I don't know really. I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying and what direction you are coming from. You are being sort of abstract. Just come out and say whatever it is you are saying.
I did.
The government has the power to regulate commerce.
People behaving irresponsibly in a pandemic is a known justification for more regulation.
If your ideal is less regulation,
then your beef is with people behaving irresponsibly.

...Or you can form a coalition to amend the constitution. (But it doesn’t appear to have super-majority support).

This is as simple and concrete as I can make it.

What was Trump supposed to do outside of closing the borders, which he tried to do early on under accusations of being xenophobic/racist?

I keep thinking back to that first cruise ship, where Trump was going on about the Coast Guard Guys being so brave, delivering the COVID tests via helicopter. At least at that moment it seemed he understood the severity of the situation. About that time he insisted it was under control and things would be fine.

Then, once he realized the backdoor was left open and causing havoc in the North East, he soon shifted to talking about miracles making the virus disappear, and packing the churches on Easter Sunday.

So, what, a messaging problem? Fauci's fault?

I did.

This is as simple and concrete as I can make it.

How quickly we forget. Remember all the hullabaloo this Spring where everyone from Constitutional experts to Governors all climbed on Trump and said that he did not have the power to open up the states? Well that would also mean that he doesn't have the power to shut them down. Frankly many Governors orders have been thrown out by the courts 'cause they didn't go through their respective legislatures. Trump did not have the power to shut any state down and if he did, the Trump haters would have climbed all over him and he likely would have been embarrassed in court.

Here's four solid things Trump did to address C19 with documentation:

Do you remember Cuomo saying that he needed 30K ventilators but Trump said "no you don't"? Know how many they really needed? 1705

So far, the peak was April 14, when 1705 patients were on ventilators. Yet before Cuomo’s announcement, New Jersey reported that 46 percent of its ventilators were still available.

Trump was the adult in the room on that point.

www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-crisis-ventilator-shortages-have-not-come-to-pass/

Even Gov Cuomo acknowledges that it was Trump who arranged for a ship to be sent to NY. It's not Trump's fault that Cuomo didn't use it, instead opting to send C19+ patients to nursing homes:

“The president, I spoke to this morning, he’s going to be making arrangements to send up this hospital ship, which is called [USNS] Comfort. It has about 1,000 rooms on it, it has operating rooms, and the president is going to dispatch the Comfort to us,” he said. “It will be in New York City Harbor. This will be, it’s an extraordinary step obviously, it’s literally a floating hospital which will add capacity, and the president said he would dispatch that immediately.”

news.usni.org/2020/03/18/trump-hospital-ship-comfort-to-go-to-new-york-city-mercy-set-for-west-coast-support

As for ventilators, it was Trump who ordered GM and others to make them:

President Donald Trump has ordered General Motors to make ventilators under the Defense Production Act hours after criticizing the company for not acting quickly enough to produce the devices amid the coronavirus pandemic.

www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/trump-orders-general-motors-to-make-ventilators-under-defense-production-act.html

Covid testing? By any measure the USA leads the world in testing:

www.statista.com/statistics/1028731/covid19-tests-select-countries-worldwide/

Folks I just gave you four solid facts, all backed up with linked sources, of things that Trump did to address this crisis.

Obama did it deal with anything close to this COVID crapshow. Don’t pretend like he did. Also, most other countries don’t have to deal with idiotic people who run their states do they?
Is English not your first language? What part of “scope is unprecedented but nature of the problem... is not new” do you not understand?

The states here that have done well have done so in spite of Trump, not because of him.

Are you joking? The conversation you just jumped into started with me answering this exact question.

VN Store

Back