Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I've gone through almost my entire life with never catching any of the epidemics. There were five years that I worked on shift with a guy who had elementary school-aged kids, in which I caught everything that came along.
Anyone under 16 has the bubonic plague, I'm convince.

Reactions: StarRaider
Why? The government is now saying the epidemic is now, “more serious and complexed and the rate of infection is increasing.”
Because at this rate the odds of surviving it is less than 50%.

The CCP is absolutely manipulating the official numbers being released. The unofficial information getting leaked out to western family and friends from medical folks in China is mind boggling.

The fact that the incubation period without symptoms can be up to two weeks and the carrier is contagious during that time just proves the temperature screenings are as virtually useless as they appeared to be. That’s just been feel safe visual theatre for the easily placated.

I fully expect the next 4 weeks to become horrific numbers wise in countries with more transparency in reporting as the asymptomatic carriers allowed entry because they didn’t present with fever become ill and those they’ve infected begin to fall ill as well. I wonder how many people will be misdiagnosed/undiagnosed due to not meeting the current criteria for testing?

Unconfirmed reports and theories are circulating concerning viability outside a host, which I don’t believe has been positively determined yet. From my laymen perspective that is going to be the catalyst.

An asymptomatic contagious carrier enters a country and passes initial screenings. They go shopping, sightseeing or dining and cough or sneeze on an object. How many folks unknowingly come in contact with that object while the virus is live?

Damn. I really, really hope I’m wrong.

The CCP is absolutely manipulating the official numbers being released. The unofficial information getting leaked out to western family and friends from medical folks in China is mind boggling.

The fact that the incubation period without symptoms can be up to two weeks and the carrier is contagious during that time just proves the temperature screenings are as virtually useless as they appeared to be. That’s just been feel safe visual theatre for the easily placated.

I fully expect the next 4 weeks to become horrific numbers wise in countries with more transparency in reporting as the asymptomatic carriers allowed entry because they didn’t present with fever become ill and those they’ve infected begin to fall ill as well. I wonder how many people will be misdiagnosed/undiagnosed due to not meeting the current criteria for testing?

Unconfirmed reports and theories are circulating concerning viability outside a host, which I don’t believe has been positively determined yet. From my laymen perspective that is going to be the catalyst.

An asymptomatic contagious carrier enters a country and passes initial screenings. They go shopping, sightseeing or dining and cough or sneeze on an object. How many folks unknowingly come in contact with that object while the virus is live?

Damn. I really, really hope I’m wrong.

I'd like to hear/see more evidence on these asymptomatic cases. Is it just a few random cases that this happens in or is it a majority cases that a person can be contagious without symptoms? While this concerning and something to watch I will get really worried if we start getting a lot of cases here and in Europe and when we start seeing deaths in western countries.

Ma Xiaowei, the minister in charge of China’s National Health Commission (NHC), told a press conference that battling the outbreak was complicated, particularly as it had been discovered that the new virus could be transmitted even during incubation period, which did not happen with Sars (severe acute respiratory syndrome).

“From observations, the virus is capable of transmission even during incubation period,” Ma said, adding that the incubation period lasted from one to 14 days.

“Some patients have normal temperatures and there are many milder cases. There are hidden carriers,” he said.

Ma said also that the virus had adapted to humans and appeared to have become more transmissible.

“There are signs showing the virus is becoming more transmissible. These walking ‘contagious agents’ [hidden carriers] make controlling the outbreak a lot more difficult.”

Reactions: DynaLo
Is anyone prepared for their city to be quarantined? Hope you have plenty of food, water, medicine, and more guns and ammo than you need.

Is anyone prepared for their city to be quarantined? Hope you have plenty of food, water, medicine, and more guns and ammo than you need.

Damnit I had the guns and ammo covered, but that freak thunderstorm here in Virginia washed them all away while I had them outside cleaning and counting them .

I'd like to hear/see more evidence on these asymptomatic cases. Is it just a few random cases that this happens in or is it a majority cases that a person can be contagious without symptoms? While this concerning and something to watch I will get really worried if we start getting a lot of cases here and in Europe and when we start seeing deaths in western countries.

The CCP has already admitted that the incubation period can be up to 14 days with no symptoms presenting and infected carriers are contagious during that time.

I just saw a report that says Toronto is now looking for everyone aboard the flight their confirmed case arrived on in order to test them, essentially due to the new asymptomatic information.

VN Store

Back